Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 August 2015
great cd i Love this group delivered quickly well packed too
on 4 April 2011
Whitesnake - Forevermore Vinyl

I picked up this new vinyl edition in a German music store on a recent business trip. It has been released a few weeks before being available in the UK.

Released on Frontier Records, Italia with a double-gatefold outer cover, The lyrics on the left side, band illustration and credits on the right side. I am disappointed they have moved from the SPV label as I have had very positive experiences with their quality of vinyl releases. The record weights for this release are 162/150g. Not sure why a significant difference in the weights but no major difference detected in sound quality between the two records. Usual poor quality thin paper inner sleeves supplied, which I changed to heavy weight, plastic film coated antistatic sleeves on the first play.

Both records are very flat with surface noise at manageable levels (second album slightly worse than the first) direct from opening the plastic sealed cover. I managed to reduced the surface noise further after a clean on my trusted VPI cleaning machine. A very sensible spread of 13 tracks over the two albums, with a 4,4,3, 2 track configuration.

This vinyl album is quieter than `Good to be Bad' on the same amp setting and needs edging up in volume to get a decent listening level. The vocals and drums are lower in the mix vs `Good to be Bad' and particularly for my taste the drums are too low. This album is more of a raw, heavy rock album in parts like some of their earlier work and it would benefit from some thundering, forward, hard hitting drum beats in the mix. I also like DC's vocals high and forward in the mix so you can hear the texture to his wonderful voice. Vinyl normally really brings this out. In my view, this `Forevermore' album appears less clear and sharp in sonic quality on the vinyl release vs `the vinyl version of `Good to Be Bad'.

I very much like the quality of the music on this album. Ok its not a classic, Whitesnake blockbuster like some of their back catalogue but it is still an enjoyable rock album. It is a credit to DC that he can still put out a very commendable release with new material. The tracks take a little more time to get into vs some of the more instance catchy material on `Good to be Bad'. It is an album that gets better with playing frequency. It appears that the writing partnership of DC and Doug Aldridge is maturing nicely and the guitar interplay between Doug and Reb Beach appears much more co-ordinated on this second album. They have both given Whitesnake a fresh, modern sound on these last two albums.

The stand out track for me is the title, `Forevermore'. Classic acoustic intro with DC's vocals that builds up into a heavier section with Middle Eastern sounding overtones. Great structure to it and a fitting track to finish the album.

In conclusion, slightly disappointed that this vinyl release does not give at least the same sonic impact as the Good to Be Bad vinyl release. No issue with the music content, it gets better the more and the louder it's played.
on 4 November 2015
Not the best Whitesnake album to be released
on 15 April 2011
There are enough good songs on here to be a great album. Forevermore is a monster of a song and if you like starkers in Tokyo then you will love it.
on 21 April 2011
It's been a funny year for music for me an all time low I've only seen two bands this year an all time low since the 70s. Then on the other hand great albumbs from Gang of four and wire a new single from the Primitives. Whitesnake. Well I saw them back in 83 when their support was non other than Ozzy Osbourne and his blizzard of Ozz. However by the time the clock turned and we arrived at 1987 my favour was begining to wain. Then again I've revised my view on that purchasing the 2007 anniversary re-issue. However Restless heart and Slip of the tongue well...

A few years ago we went to see Whitesnake as far as I can recall not long before Good to be bad. All I can say was that I was dissapointed, the only saving grace was that the Quireboys were support. The Good to be bad oh dear. This is one of thoses things I bought played once and there it sits in the collection. To be honest I cant even remember what it sounds like and I really can't be bothered to be reminded. Around this time I though company of snakes were a better Whitesnake than Whitesnake.

Therefore when I saw the release of this heralded in Classic rock I was not too sure the lack of new releases that I'm intrested in swung it Yep it's a good album. His voice sounds great the guitar work is fine the somgs are well crafted. Hey and I've played it more than once..which is more than can be said about the new Magnum album, but that as they say is another review.
on 17 August 2013
another victim of the loudness wars, mastered at such a high volume that all the dinamic range has been compressed out of this album, its so loud on the disc it distorts due to compression of the music, and its a shame because these are great songs, but its hard to listen too, why bands these days allow there music to mastered like this is stupid to me, they are having there music ruined!! don't they realise we have a volume knob on our stereos? if we want volume all we have to do is turn it up?? simples??
on 21 May 2013
Loved this album from the first play. Back to his best. Hope his concert will be as good as this.
on 8 June 2015
Excellent
on 6 April 2014
whitesnake has released a top hard rock album, the guitars are amazing, the songs inspiring. nothing to envy to their old stuff. i wish all the old bands were the same when releasing an album.
on 9 May 2014
not as bluesy as all the early whitesnake, more like 1987 but not quite as good. in the recording studio david coverdale's voice is as good as ever. for fans of blues rock, classic rock.