5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible, thought-provoking guide for all.
Published on 21 Aug 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars New Age Celtic Style
Read this because it was mentioned in another book with much recommendations. Very new age style writing with some very insightful parts. Author has several other similiar style books so lots of material available if you like his style. Not sure was really for me, but still got something out of it.
Published on 29 Dec 2010 by M. Macklem-Allsop

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible, thought-provoking guide for all., 21 Aug 1999
By A Customer
Even if you are not interested in the Celtic World the symbolism that the text provokes belongs more to the soul than to a culture or race of people. To be inspired, to question yourself as a person and the way of your life - this is a must, a great guide. It is not a script which demands that you follow a certain pathway, spiritually or otherwise, it invokes conscious thought and allows you to view life as it could be not as it is. It does not pressure as some religions do, it does not demand as society does, it gives you that space and depth to breathe in your own time and at your own speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book, 28 May 2008
This is a book that leaves you feeling so uplifted. It makes you want to do something more in life.It is so beautifully written, and O'Donohue has some of his own poems in there. One is called the Blessing of Presence it's just lovely to read. One passage will stay with me, it goes as follows."If you have everything the world has to offer you, but you do not have love, then you are the poorest of the poorest of the poor.How true. This is a remarkable book. It was so sad to learn of O'Donohue's sudden death in jan of this year aged 52, he died in his sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Infested with verisimilitude and spiritually uplifting., 8 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I bought this book about 6 months or so ago and now I have bought "Eternal Echoes". I found it hard to get into at first but when I did, I was very impressed. There are little Irish blessings and a couple of uplifting poems. The rest of the book is about looking within yourself and finding the peace and serenity that you and others hold. There is one particular part of the book that I always come back to. John describes that the most critical eye is yourself and your soul friend(anam cara translated from old irish)being the person that can get to see you for the person that you truly are, even if you don't see it. He describes it as you trying to look at yourself completely. If you look behind you, you still can't see the back of your neck or when you see the front of yourself, you can't see the back of you. No matter how much you try, there is no way possible fo you to be able to see yourself completely. That is what your Anam Cara is for. Your Anam Cara is your mirror. They can see you completely. Not just from the outside but inside as well. He is amazing the way he describes things and puts things into perspective. Put it this way, I really liked this book and have no hesitations in recommending it to you. It makes a great gift for someone!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am no longer out of step, 27 Jun 2001
By A Customer
Having spent most of my life feeling 'out of step' with everyone else - this book put into words so much that I instinctively thought/knew and brought me 'home'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book, 2 Mar 2001
A BEAUTIFUL BOOK
Anam Cara. Such beautiful words. Irish Poet and Scholar John O'Donohue paints a picture with his words that will rank amongst the world's masterpieces. A song to enchant the heart of every reader.
Anam Cara meaning soul friend trickes warmth and wisdom from every paragraph. Within its pages we learn who we are and what we can become with a little devotion to ourselves. It shows how through recognising the divinity within ourselves we learn to recognise the same spark in every person. John's lyrical footsteps dance from every page, you will want to read and reread sentence after sentence absorbing the magic that pervades every well crafted word.
John considers that our bodies inhabit our souls, that our souls meet before our bodies do. It is difficult to argue with this point. It makes so much sense.
We humans are unique, every one of us is unique. The author is in awe of our species and through his insight he inspires his audience, the readers to join him on a journey of rediscovery where we can reconnect with the true holiness of the human spirit.
This book is very special and I recommend it with all my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is music, poetry, and soul combined., 22 Oct 1999
By A Customer
the beauty of this book for me is in savouring each word, each turn of phrase. o'donoghue reflects life and spirit and all that these words mean with tender and deeply refreshing use of language. treat yourself to a few days per day!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful collection indeed, 27 Nov 2010
You will never grow tired of listening to this CD collection. I feel that I am listening to a friend everytime I play this CD. It has so much of wisdom and it is about everyday life. It has helped me enormously too.

There was a problem with the CD itself and it was sorted out very amicably with the necessary parties and I pleased with the outcome. So it is a great product to have and is warmly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty at its best, 9 Jan 2013
This is such a beautiful book. It's words bless the eyes in such a way that you're left feeling like you've been feeding your soul. Perfect for captivating your heart and perfect as a gift for loved ones ~ I've bought copies of this book for friends and family over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anam Cara, 14 Sep 2012
I knew the product and bought it for a very special friend from the United States who thinks deeply about the values of life. It is a book that feeds the soul over and over - a true companion for all of life's events.

4.0 out of 5 stars Celtic Wisdom, 19 Feb 2011
A very interesting and unusual book with a sound basis of general philosophy as well as its stated focus on the Celtic world. Am enjoying a first read but will need to re-read in small sections also. Helps you to question present life style. All the more poignant because of the sudden recent death of the author.