5.0 out of 5 stars Hats Off to Hard Work
I would recommend this book to anyone who is thinking of going into Musical Theatre as it spells out in no uncertain terms just what it takes to be successful. There is a wealth of detail about the day to day, or month to month, experience of working hard to get to the level required.

He doesn't shy away from the pressures, both personal and professional...
Published on 22 Sept. 2009 by M. J. Saxton

3.0 out of 5 stars Well the book started ok!
Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by Lampwicke

5.0 out of 5 stars Hats Off to Hard Work, 22 Sept. 2009
M. J. Saxton (Dewsbury, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

He doesn't shy away from the pressures, both personal and professional. Fortunately, this is tempered with anecdotes about the fun that is to be had as well. It was very interesting and unusual to hear that the men have issues about weight and appearance as much as the girls. Those of us who have been involved in the business know the huge pressure on the women, but it's important to know this affects men as well. Craig Revel Horwood is very frank about his own experience and how he deals with it.

He has been lucky in some ways in the opportunities he has been presented with, but it takes a determined professional to make the most of them. He also highlights the fact that though you may be in a West End show one week, you can just as easily be waiting tables the next.

He has also had the foresight to invest in other lines of business and property, and it is interesting to see how that has affected his life as well.

Then, of course, there are the names! Not casually and boastfully dropped in here, but given in a direct and clear-sighted way; he talks about stars as people, not icons which is wonderfully refreshing.

The book also whips you along from page to page. The personal details are as fascinating as anything else, but reported without undue drama. It's a good view of a life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-MA-ZING!, 14 Sept. 2008
All Balls and Glitter was a sensational read - I could'nt put it down.

What ever you thought of Craig from Strictly (acid tongued and critical) certainly portrays himself in a very different light and openly exposes his secret past. He takes us back to his childhood of rural Australia and his desperate actions to get him out of a miserable childhood. Taking the reader on a wonderful and colorful journey to how Craig became the judge we all love to hate.

It has gossip, truth, scandal, sex and love everything you want in a good Barbara Cartland !! But this is Craigs real life and is no fictional story ! A wonderful addictive read.

It appeals to everybody, and highly recommend this book its certainly not DULL DULL DULL !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Darling................, 5 Sept. 2008
Got this yesterday and have just finished - really good read!
Not all about Strictly as there is so much more to Craig than that - but enough Strictly for the fan.
What a life this man has had - I'm not going to include spoilers in this review you will have to read it for yourself - but its a page turner that is for sure!
Nice glittery bits on the cover :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Well the book started ok!, 20 Jan. 2013
Lampwicke (High Peak, Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
Having read the inside bit on Amazon I thought it looked interesting. Indeed it was for about the first third of the book, but then Craig seems to start repeating himself. Then it was a case of I did this, or I met so and so which got really boring. Also I did not like the rather lurid details of what he and his boyfriends got up to. I really bought it for the "Strictly" part of his story, but again found what there was of it not very good. It is a shame really as I like Craigs constructive critisims of the contestants, rather than the over the top descriptions of another certain judge. I have read Len Goodmans autobiography which was an excellent read all the way through.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed unfortunately, 28 Nov. 2014
P. Kermode "seagull" (isle of man G.B.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Balls and Glitter: My Life (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book was written in an "I love me who do you love" manner. Should the reader be as fascinated as the writer in every minute detail of his life? Am a fan of Craig an really miss his honest remarks on SCD now that I live in USA and see how kindly the competitors are treated in the American version. Had not expected his private life to include so many boyfriends and partners somehow, which surprised me. I enjoyed it when he stuck to the facts but lost interest when too many small details were mentioned, but the book would have been a bit short without them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying & surprising, 17 Dec. 2012
Having bought this as a recommendation I was really surprised at the honesty of the author, I've always been one to say autobiographies were not always truthful and honest, but Craig really is.
It's a great sticking filler or just perfect to take away on holiday and read by the pool for those that don't read that often

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly good - Craig really does reveal some surprises., 17 May 2013
A. I. McCulloch "Andrea" (Co Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I got 'All Balls and Glitter' having managed to avoid most of the media spoilers as I don't follow celebrity lifestyles. I do however, absolutely lurrrve Strictly, and who better to fill the gap between seasons than Craig?

First surprise - As the second oldest in a family of five with some much younger siblings, Craig is a dab hand at mixing baby formula, changing nappies and generally caring for small children.

Second surprise. Although his alcoholic father was somewhat of a tyrant when he was growing up, Craig flatly refuses to slur his name beyond the facts. His ex-Navy father is surprisingly proud of his very talented son's background as a drag artiste, and Craig clearly respects his Dad. Respect back to Craig.

Third surprise. Craig had a heterosexual marriage to an attractive Welsh woman called Jane - he genuinely loved and respected her. The jaw hit the floor with that one.

What a cracking read all that was, and I wasn't even halfway through. I loved the insight into musical theatre and choreography and Craig's wonderfully self-deprecating tone throughout. He's not afraid to tell a story against himself and many of them are very, very funny. I wish him personal happiness to go with his glittering career, he deserves it very much. Big hugs to him.

3.0 out of 5 stars not exactly exhilerating, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: All Balls and Glitter: My Life (Kindle Edition)
Ended up as a listing of who did what, when and with whom. Interesting as an insight into the theatrical world, quite endearing about craig as a person rather than the persona on scd, considered there was a high degree of honesty but ultimately and sadly considered this to be "dull, dull, dull"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab u lous darling!, 31 May 2014
This review is from: All Balls and Glitter: My Life (Kindle Edition)
Craig's book is very entertaining, detailing from his early years in Australia., Very open and honest, as we know and love Craig - warts and all.
Well done Craig.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Read, 18 May 2014
This review is from: All Balls and Glitter: My Life (Kindle Edition)
Being a Strictly fan my husband and I went on a Strictly Come Dancing themed cruise. Craig was one of the stars dancing and he also gave us an insight into his life both on and off screen.
I bought his most recent book on the ship and of course had to buy this book to read first.
It's easy reading and funny. I am hoping the book I bought on the cruise is as easy to red.

All Balls and Glitter: My Life