5.0 out of 5 stars OverBoard Waterproof 20 LTR Pro-Sports Backpack - Yellow
I ordered the OverBoard Waterproof 20 LTR Pro-Sports Backpack - Yellow to use on my daily commute to work. I ride a motorbike to work and with the UK weather I needed a backpack that is waterproof. I am impressed with the quality of the backpack, once you roll the top, the air inside can't come out, that how watertight it is.

I can carry a pair of shoes and my...
Published on 25 May 2011 by wewis61

3.0 out of 5 stars Side panels are made from cheap fabric.
It is a bit misleading to call it a dry backpack, which would give the impression that (like a drybag) you could immerse it in water for a long time with no worries.

Published 5 months ago by C I Penny

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars OverBoard Waterproof 20 LTR Pro-Sports Backpack - Yellow, 25 May 2011

I can carry a pair of shoes and my laptop, however keep in mind that it is a backpack, not a laptop bag, so there isn't any padded pocket inside to protect your laptop.

The backpack went missing when delivered by the courier company, so I contacted Amazon and they were really good. The sent a replacement next day and took care of the rest, hassle free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality bag., 14 Sep 2012
K. King (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for the daily commute to uni(mature student). I cycle about 10 miles a day and thought that the bright colors and hi-vis strips would be a sensible choice for the dark winter months.

At first I ordered the 30ltr variant but changed my mind because I thought it might be too big for daily use(oh, and amazon dropped the price by 10gbp after I had ordered it!) Either way, the 20ltr is a very smart, compact bag. I'm 6ft + and it doesn't look ridiculously small on my back, and the shoulder straps are VERY comfortable.

Having chosen to go smaller, I read the reviews on this site and was still a little apprehensive that my 15.6" laptop might not fit with books etc. But for the record, I purchased a targus zamba sleeve threw my laptop in and everything fits fine.

I just cannot recommend this bag enough, it's build quality is fantastic. Good seams, well padded back and straps. It has left me wanting to replace some of my old Mountain Equipment gear I use sailing with Overboard branded rig.

Lastly, overboard do seem very reasonably priced when compared to other brands of outdoors kit. The quality certainly appears to be there. But I have seen several price changes on this site in the last couple of days and it's frustrating for consumers! I bought my 20ltr for 30gbp and at that time the 30ltr had just gone down to 34gbp. At this price, I feel I got a bargain - and I'll be looking out for OB gear in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible, 27 Feb 2012
I ordered this backpack as an upgrade from the little rucksack that I was using at the time. I am a cyclist and required a hi-viz, all-weather backpack which would have enough room to ferry all my uniform (including large boots) and other bits and bats to and from work.
I thought the roll down top was a little strange at first but now I thing it is ingenious! It means that the backpack is a 10 Litre when that is all that is required and a 20 Litre if it needs to be. It is truly watertight, looks good and is very well-made and durable. The strapsare very robust and comfortable and the padded spine sits comfortably against me back.
I cant imagine cycling without it now and would recommend it for sure. A top piece of kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Backpack!, 12 Jan 2012
Ordered this backpack the other week, not only did it come very promptly but it is seriously cheap for what you are getting. I bought it for my cycle/motorbike ride to and from University, pretty essential to keep laptop and assignments dry whilst getting to and from, and cannot fault this product!

Simple to use, light, pretty spacious and great value for money. Also the built in reflectors and not to mention the bright yellow material make it ideally suited for commuting. Need a completely waterproof backpack to fit laptop and a few other essentials? Then this is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 26 Sep 2011
I haven't had a chance to really put this bag to the test as the weather hasn't been too bad.

I bought it mainly for my commute to work on a motorbike. Need a bag that really is waterproof for when it eventually chucks it down with rain. That said, it's equally as good when just out an about. Only down side I can find is, on a hot day, my back will get a bit sweaty as it's not very well ventilated. Not a major issue for me personally, but some may find it uncomfortable.

It's actually surprisingly big inside as it only has one compartment. Chuck your stuff in, roll the top down, clip it up and forget about it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Side panels are made from cheap fabric., 17 Jan 2014

The problem is that while the front and back are made from some thick rubbery stuff that is never going to leak, the side panels are made from cheap nylon fabric with a plastic coating on the rear. These will start off waterproof, but with use and time, the backing material will detach and the fabric will leak.

For protection against rain, I think it will be fine. It is probably not the right thing if you want to go swimming with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Waterproof Laptop Bag., 26 Jun 2012
I needed a waterproof Laptop bag for my motorbike journey to work without paying silly money. This fitted the bill perfectly it's not specifically designed to take laptops. But if you place your laptop in a neoprene skin it'll be adequately protected. And after riding to work a few times in Fairly Heavy Rain Storms it's always reached the other end bone dry on the inside.

It's not particularly spacious but enough for the Laptop a bit f Lunch and a couple of other small things.

5.0 out of 5 stars 20lt Overboard backpack, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Overboard Prosport Dry Backpack, 20 Litres (Sports)
I cycle 5 miles to work everyday so I needed a waterproof pack, the 20lt size is as big as you want for a commuter, they come in yellow or blue wetsuit type material. The pack has click chest and waist straps and the top of the pack rolls down sealing out the rain with click down straps, all easily adjustable. Just a brilliant backpack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: Overboard Prosport Dry Backpack, 20 Litres (Sports)
Bought this for fishing. Well put together and has a quality feel about it. Has plenty of space inside with an internal zipped part for smaller items.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality backpack and waterproof to boot!, 5 May 2013
A dry bag and backpack combined. Far better than showerproof, class 3 waterproof means you can submerge this briefly and the contents won't get wet, ideal for keeping your camera, phone and wallet etc dry while kayaking, windsurfing or paddle-boarding. Also good for those times when no other rain protection is up to the job, like motorcycling in torrential rain.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›