5.0 out of 5 stars I Think Therefore I Download, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Philosophy Now (Kindle Edition)
I used to be a regular reader of the paper based edition of Philosophy Now, but unfortunately my local WH Smith stopped stocking it. Luckily for me, there is now this Kindle edition which conveniently appears wirelessly on my device (without me having to trek to the shops) meaning I never need miss an issue again. Back when I was a student studying philosophy for my degree, this was a great way for me to keep on the ball with modern writers. Years later, the content is as contemporary, challenging and well written as ever. Whether you're an old student or just want to stretch your grey matter, this is an essential (and existential) magazine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant But..., 7 Nov 2011
Ga Taylor "obscurity addict" (South Woodham Ferrers, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Philosophy Now (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful magazine for anyone the least bit interested in modern Philosophical thinking, always a fresh take on issues of the day (well maybe not the DAY but YEAR anyway) and not that hard to digest if you give it a chance. Its also in many ways an ideal Kindle ebook - there are no wonderful photos to miss and its the perfect thing to dip into on your way to somewhere else by bus train or plane. But it also reminds us that cuddly old Amazon sometimes gives the UK public a right metaphorical kicking, a SINGLE ISSUE is £7.99. £7.99 for a slim black and white magazine - the kind of money that in regular magazine land would get you something fat, in colour and with a free cover disc. Not only that but in the US it's $7.99 - still expensive but more like the dead tree version price. Probably the official claim will be "distibution costs in the UK" and some reference to some terms and conditions somewhere where its all explained and justified. But such pricing for a few seconds of 3G connection to download can only be greeted with hollow laughter and should make us alarmed at the fact that Kindle, good as it is, is effectively the only game in town. Still if this review gets past the Amazon vetting process give 'em credit...there may be hope...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stretch, 1 Dec 2012
Warwick Mason (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philosophy Now (Kindle Edition)
I'm a bit lazy and tend to avoid things that are a lot of effort. Philosophy Now is a good stretch of the mental muscles without being overly academic and the contributors are a good mix. The articles are consistent across the piece and whilst I have to re-read some passages until the "ahhhhh" moment hits, its worth the effort. The Kindle version is ideal for grazing so I'm very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 July 2012
This review is from: Philosophy Now (Kindle Edition)
I am firstly a musician, secondly a teacher, thirdly a classical studies student and fourthly a philosopher. I am not to proud to admit that during my second degree I feel out of the philosophy classes, in fact I ended up not taking philosophy at all. Why ? Well, to be honest I found the whole thing to dry and so utterly academic that it bored me. This magazine however has rekindled my interest. Not only is it written in a way that engages the modern mind, it also contains enough ancient philosophical ideas to keep my interest. An excellent magazine!

5.0 out of 5 stars great magazine, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Philosophy Now (Kindle Edition)
I am a philosophy student and I think this magazine is interesting and engaging as it applies philosophical thinking to modern day issues such as sustainability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly worth 5 stars, 17 Dec 2014
This review is from: Philosophy Now (Kindle Edition)
This is an excellent Kindle edition of what is probably (in my view) the best and most enjoyable intellectual magazine available today.

Philosophy Now