on 10 August 2011
Like many I started with TOM TOM when buying my first Sat Nav but I changed to Garmin and have now purchased my third Garmin Sat Nav. I wanted this particular one so that I could feed in the dimensions of my motor-home and so obtain most suitable routes. I have not been dissapointed, it is excellent. The larger screen is good as is the definition, the information shown, such as junctions and the louder speaker means that I can drive more confidently and comfortably. A brilliant instrument I gladly recommend.
on 21 May 2011
Purchased to replace broken Sat Nav and as I do a lot of Towing I wanted a system that would keep me out of Country Lanes. This system is perfect. Fully recomended
on 24 April 2011
I have been using the Garmin 465, and now got the Dezl 560 as a present from my wife.
The 465 is very good but the Dezl 560 is even better, it has a bigger screen and a very load speaker.
In general it will take you a safe route for your size and weight of your truck, but if you do have to go to a road with a weight limit on it, it keeps warning you which can be a bit of a pain. That said it does its job very well and in the main it is a bit of kit that can be trusted to get you where you need to be without to many problems.
I would highly recommend it.
on 2 May 2012
I have a 23ft coach-built motorhome - over 8 feet wide at the mirrors, so my primary requirement was not to be led down little single-track country lanes.

I read all of the feedback. Some very good, some very bad and decided that as I could return this to Amazon if I wasn't happy with it, I'd try it out - and boy, what a disappointment it is.

The bottom line is that this is no different in its driving experience to a standard Garmin Nav (I also have a 1490T) and there's the problem.

Not only does it try to divert me off of what I already know is the shortest and quickest route, but it persistently tries to send me down little narrow lanes. I've read many reviews of the DESL here and elsewhere and there are comments reminding one that a Nav is no replacement for common sense or a map. OK wise-guys, so why should I spend £150 more and still have to look at a map to make sure Ms Garmin might or might not send me down a little lane that might or might not be on the route she chooses?

It may work for truckers following the country's arterial routes and through cities, but for me in Somerset, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall its a potential disaster.

It was an easy easy choice to send this back.
1212 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2011
Recently purchased this SayNav to replace an earlier Garmin model Nuvi765T. The Dezl is a far more superior unit. The screen size at 5" is excellent, as is the information displayed on screen. It has a wide range of 'Points of Interest' that are easily accessible. Configuring the SatNav for 'Car & Caravan' (RV) was so easy, and switching from 'Car' to Car & Caravan' is easier still! It is mainly geared towards 'Truckers & RVs/Caravans' and I'm sure will serve its purpose well.

We tried it out yesterday in 'Car' mode and the degree of detail and information it provided en route was superb!

Do not hesitate buying this unit. It's a Garmin 'through and through' - the best SatNav technology around! Ardderchog! Excellent!
on 21 October 2011
In September I bought the Garmin Dezl for my son who is an HGV1 (CE) articulated lorry driver. I did all the updates etc. and the two of us went by car from Stranraer to Liverpool for a weekend break.

Whilst driving along the A75 from Stranraer to Dumfries it wanted to take us off the A75 onto the A712. My son protested, having driven that route many times, saying the way to go is the A75 the standard "truckers route", so we stuck to the A75. On our return we were early for the boat, the Dezl again said take the A712 so I took the car along that route just to see if the Dezl was right, what a dreadful mistake. The A712 is a terrible route for a car never mind a 50ft truck. It's a lovely scenic route through a forest park with tight bends and narrow bridges, lovely if you are in no hurry and are able to appreciate the beautiful scenery. If you are driving an artic and meet another one good luck!!

On the startup screen of the satnav there is the usual legal "Don't blame us you're driving the vehicle" get out clause, but on their website it is marketed by Garmin as "our advanced navigator for the trucking industry. Designed with truckers in mind", not when it takes you up the A712.

It has a very very long way to go especially considering the last house on the road where we live, is the one next door, our house does not exist, even though I'm writing this review in it.

An inaccurate satnav is more dangerous than no satnav.
If you cannot have any faith in it, why buy it, stick to the "Truckers Atlas"
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2013
I've used loads of different sat navs over the years but the Garmin Dezl 560LT is the best, one of the best features is the services icon on the screen, need fuel, just press the icon and it gives you a list of petrol stations in the area, I use BP for my agency card, I just press the nearest BP station and it gives me a route to get to it and when finished goes back to its original route. The other day I was in Reading on a Friday (as you know Reading is a traffic nightmare) it told me there was a Que. ahead and re routed me via Henley and up to the M40, I was back in Watford within the hour. Brilliant.
on 29 July 2011
After becoming disillusioned with the latest Tom Tom and also wanting a device which had trucking software,I went for the Dezi.Initial impressions are that although the map and graphics still look as though theyvare from a kids cartoon,as a navigation device it does an excellent job.Routing is fast and in the 3 weeks I have had it has not let me down.Trucking software is excellent and keeps my motorhome away from narrow roads and low bridges.I think the Dezi and I will get on fine!
on 13 October 2011
I have used this Sat.Nav. both in the UK & Europe. It is customised to suit my motorhome. My experience of using this device is very bad. It is inconsistent, unreliable, performs very poorly and is a complete waste of money. It destroys one's confidence in using it. The system deviates alarmingly from routes planned. It insructs to turm off main roads for no good reason and takes me onto unsuitable single track roads, even on dead ends into the Pyrenees. It is so bad as to route in the totally opposite direction for many miles should you be foolish enough to allow it. It's audio instruction differs from the visual instruction at roundabouts, even making the allowance for no entry slip roads. On a recent European holiday it's performance was so bad that we had to continually check it's route Garmin Dezl 560LT Widescreen Truck/Caravan Satellite Navigation System with European Mapping and a Lifetime Traffic subscription - 5 inchinstruction against road maps both in Spain and France. You can imagine what a nightmare this was on the road. The holiday, far from being a relaxing well guided experience, was in fact extremely distressing due to the problems with this unit. The Dezi 560LT was purchased to alleviate the map reading problems associated with travel in unfamiliar countries, it did the exact opposite and I have no confidence in ever using it again.
on 22 July 2012
Quite honestly say the item shown is the best sat Nav I have ever purchased excellent value for money despite the negative reviews I read ian more than happy with my purchase