Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.63

on 16 February 2011
I downloaded this book after reading the first noval Branded which i found to been a welcomed changed to the books i have been reading.i.e vampires and werewolfs.

Forsaken picks up four months after events have happened in Branded, alex and jessica lifes have changed and they are both now living with the consequences of alex's actions. I will not divulge to much as the story line is quite a simple one and i would not like to spoil it for other reads.

What i will say is that i prefered Jessica's charactor in the first noval. She has become a little bit to whiney for me and her mood swings started to irritate me.

What was a welcomed addition to this book however was the introduction of Alex's point of view, which i found to be more interesting than Jessica's.

I am sure there will be another book as the story line doesn't seem quite finished to me and if it is priced as cheaply as the previous two books then i will definitely download the next one.

All in all it wasn't a bad read.
on 1 May 2011
This is the second installment in this story and like the first very enjoyable. I liked this as again it was easy reading and enjoyed it better than the first as it was much more fast paced and more things happened. My criticism of it is though that I feel the ending was very abrupt and would like to see one more book to tie up lose ends with the characters. With the way it ends this is possible and feel it really would complete the first two parts of a good story.
on 10 August 2014
3.5 STARS

I have never been a fan of dual narratives and when I saw that this was the premise for Forsaken I was apprehensive to say the least; and it was exactly as I thought because every time it said Alex’s name I was desperate to skip and go to Jessica’s POV (even though at times her moaning got on my nerves, she complained loads! And while it was understandable I think she went overboard). Anyway, the good thing was that it was easy to distinguish between the 2 voices, even though it could easily have all been written in Jessica’s POV from start-to-finish.

This is my only complaint because the rest of the book was thrilling with lots of twists, particularly focusing around Cole who I loved in the first book but needed more coverage, especially on his back story. But guess what… It’s all in Forsaken! You see deeper into his past and how it affects all the character’s futures resulting in a perfectly nerve-wrecking struggle.

As the sequel for Branded, character development was a huge focus to prepare for the conclusion in the next book and while this was interesting it resulted in Forsaken not being anywhere close to a standalone book. The plot was all there and with its unique take on angels who are dark and badass, but you had to know the characters beforehand. One character though should not be in this book. Emily. She is essential to the plot but I have a very prominent dislike of her now. She made terrible choices and deserved worse than she got (you need to read the book to find out what happened, but keep this in mind.

I loved it as a sequel, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good angel story provided they’ve read Branded.

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk
on 10 July 2014
Get a life!
That's what I wanted to yell at Jessica, the female `lead` in the Fall of Angels books, before I was even halfway through this second tale! She spends 90% of the book behaving like an annoying, whingeing brat and the other 10% being a whingeing, annoying brat. The girl's moods swings are mercurial!

Seriously though, I loved the premise of this series which is why I downloaded book two but it just reinforced that the writing style really isn't for me. I had hoped it might grow on me as I`d initially struggled with it in Branded as well but, if anything, it actually got more difficult to tolerate as time went on. I found it to be very stilted, almost how you might expect a child to write a story. Nothing about it pulled me in. I didn't sympathise nor did I empathise with the characters. In truth I couldn't have cared less what happened to them in the end! Whilst I hesitate to say Forsaken is badly written because that seems overly harsh I do think it's honest.
There were little things that niggled at me too, for example, the author's attempt at writing a Scottish accent. Horrible. Really horrible. And as a UK reader, I personally found it a little insulting that the author failed to do the basic research for when her characters came to England. So for future reference, we don't have High Schools and we don't pay for the NHS!

Perhaps this story might be improved by some decent editing - sort out the spelling mistakes and generally tighten up the whole thing but I doubt it. My advice would be to download a sample before buying just so you don't waste your money as sadly, I feel I did.
on 28 November 2013
I really enjoyed the first book and the concept is something different, I haven't come across this scenario before. Unfortunately, it feels like in this book she is just constantly moaning about how he won't propose! It really gets a bit annoying. Getting married is not the be all and end all. Surely they could just sleep together without being married? This is 2013 after all! It doesn't seem to be a religious reason and it is not explicitly stated that they won't have sex before marriage, but it is implied and I don't understand why, i'm afraid. As a result, she basically moans on and pressurises Alex for the whole book and her character lost a lot of the likeability. I have downloaded the third one but haven't read it yet. Hopefully she will be a bit less whiney!
on 27 September 2013
I am absolutely addicted to this trilogy I am unable to put the kindle down. Hooked from the start, I hope that vindicated is just as good as the previous two. The most amazing story of love and heartbreak I have ever read.
on 15 January 2013
I bought the first in this 3 part series and was happy just to read that one - it seemed to finish quite nicely for me. My daughter (17) then read it and persuaded me to buy the following two, which we both enjoyed, her a bit more than I. The storyline and characters were interesting and well developed. This middle book was possibly the best in the series, the last one did tend to go around in circles a bit and the whole 'sharing a bed without actually getting up to anything more than sleeping' did seem bit contrived by the end.

Overall, well worth the reasonable price.
on 12 April 2014
This is by far the best book I have ever read! The story line is doesn't have major events yet it was written so well that u couldn't put it down! Usually in books the description and story tend to start to lack the enthusiasm that they once held in the beginning, although this is not the case in this book! This book grows more gripping with every page; I could not put it down. I would highly advise this for anyone with a vast imagination, for it can be perplexing at times.
Thumbs up to the author because she has done a brilliant job! This book would be great for 12-30 years.
on 25 January 2012
This book was decent, the typos were insane, but the general story and the way it's written was enough to keep my attention. The only issue I had- and it was quite a big one- was with when they were in England. Authors all over the world, DO YOUR RESEARCH. There were many things in it that were way, way off base. English hospitals do not give you medical because because of the NHS. We do not have 'High school.' And that was just two of the things, there was a long list of Americanisation in a Scottish character and in England itself. But other than that, worth the read!
on 4 June 2011
ok, so this book (or series) is not going to scale the heights of literature BUT it has a more original concept than many of the vampire fictions out there and it's a bit of a different take on the whole angel theme. Be warned the kindle version at least is FULL of typos and really terrible grammer, the writer uses the word "drug" quite often as in, he drug me to the ground..... but the story kept me occupied for an afternoon.

Worth the the price in my opinion.