on 24 September 2014
works great for me i'm 6 foot 2 my wife is 5 foot 2 with short arms. if she uses it properly it makes an annoying noise. if she stands straight and doesn't use the arm pieces the noise goes away.
on 10 August 2013
Arrived promptly, no parts missing, easy and simple instructions even includes tools. Solid and robust, quiet whilst in use. Many preprogrammed routines to chose from. Highly reccomended.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2015
Superb machine, had it built up within 1hr 30 mins, nice and quiet, being used on a daily basis, the best machine we have bought, many thanks.
on 23 January 2014
Where to start really,first this is not aimed at the company that sold it to me,at this moment there helping with the return of this infernal machine,1,wrong left handle put into box ,won't fit,takes two hrs to assemble(fair enough)but to get to the end and finally the handles the wrong one was disappointing,then the creaking and squeaking started,and i mean CREAK,my o my i have never heard such a noise from anything like it,honestly it was deafening,i could not hear my nano turned up to full,BUYER BEWARE,the five star reviews must be from people who work for Kettler,or there friends,its awful,cheap screws that shear so easily its hard to take apart once done up,the legs had scratches on them before id even used it,so the 3 yr parts and labour didn't last 3 hrs,terrible machine,now have to find another one,plus i forgot to mention you won't get a calypso 800,cos there aren't any more available,your receive the pictured one,so maybe the calypso trainer was ok but the AXIOS is dreadful,sorry guys this is a let down.
on 20 July 2012
The machine arrived and took me around 2 hours to put together - nothing out of the ordinary.
Then I went to switch it on but nothing happened. After doing several checks to make sure that I had put it together properly, I called Kettler who told me that it was probably the wrong transformer (power cable) that I had.
Fair play to Kettler - the new transformer arrived the very next day!
Unfortunately, the machine still failed to take off - no signs of life on the monitor.
I am now in the process of sending the machine back as I have lost faith in the product. The fact that a defective product could be sent out makes me nervous.
It could even be the case that the Calypso IS a very good cross trainer (when it works) but it's hard to believe in a product that does not work from day 1.
Despite the monitor (and hence controls) not working, I did have a brief shot on the machine and was happy with the motion and also the sturdiness of it. It's a heavy machine and doesn't seem to wobble about even with a big guy like me on it.
Overall, I am very disappointed in what has happened but hopefully I belong to a minority of people that this has happened to.
0Comment14 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2014
Excellent service! A very happy customer!
on 4 September 2013
I bought this machine based on the positive reviews. I'm not disappointed! This is a good, solid elliptical trainer that won't break the bank. I feel like I get a good work out on the machine and it is smooth and gentle on my joints. I agree with others that the console and programs are not intuitive and I would like to have to the option to input my weight for a better assessment of how many calories I'm burning. Until I can figure out the progams, I continue to get on and go under the Quickstart option. Easy enough for my husband to assemble although took a bit longer than the 45 minutes stated in the manual. But not too difficult or fiddly.

If you Google Kettler Calypso 800, the product appears to be different than what is shown here on the Amazon site and what was delivered which is a Kettler Axos Viteo P. I don't know why the difference?

As for shipping, I couldn't have asked for more. I placed my order on a Saturday and it was delivered via UPS three days later on the Tuesday. And the seller answered my queries promptly which I appreciated.

Overall this is a good solid machine and I'm pleased with my purchase!
on 30 January 2013
This is a strudy substantial piece of machinery, however, the pedals are placed wider than any human beings hips and therefore if you do not shift your weight completely to the leg you are standing on with every single step, (which is virtually impossible for anyone to do more than a couple of times) you will find yourself in a degree of pain- this is very bad for your knees. Pedals should be directly below your hips for centering your body weight. The shipper denies this problem and says that I shouldn't worry about it, but it is clearly an issue. I am slim at 5'1" and have always worked out on this machine at my gym and I notice the problem, my husband is 6 feet tall and had the exact same issue with the machine. We are stuck with it. It is very expensive and the manufacturer won't help us and it took over 3 hours to assemble and is extremely heavy. We are trying to fix the issue by purchasing separate pedals and trying to find a way to move them closer to the body of the machine. IT IS SOOOO NOT WORTH IT. Really, just buy a machine that already has the pedals in the proper place so that you don't injure your back and knees over time.
11 comment5 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2014
I purchased this equipment for my wife as a Christmas present and was impressed on how quickly the delivery was made. On assembling it in January, I discovered a manufacturing fault in the casing and notified Kettler of the defect. They promptly replied and stated I would be contacted in 48/72 hours,TWO WEEKS past with nothing happening. I emailed them again in late January to which they replied with an apology and informed me that a representative would be in touch and that the parts had been ordered, That was at the end of January. It has now been TWO MONTHS and still I've not heard from them. I'm guessing that this machine is either 1) Discontinued, 2) Not a great seller or 3) My complaint has fallen by the wayside, as in the case of the first email I sent to them.

It maybe good German engineering but the service is appalling.
on 9 April 2015