on 21 September 2011
Great follow up to first series. You cant help but love Gene Hunt. Great story lines, especially episode 4 involving wife-swapping! The banter between Gene, Sam, Ray & Chris is amusing. Well acted, good scripts, comical moments and throughly enjoyable. Set in the seventies makes for amusing watching, the colours,the music, the lack of technology that we have today. You wont be disappointed.
on 25 March 2009
If you were around in the seventies and enjoying it then you love this. The series really captures the essence of the time. Not many computers, no e.mails, no mobile phones, how on earth did we communicate. Great fashion and dodgy cars.
Each episode leaves you wanting more. The direction and actors are both great and the blu-ray quality is stunning

enjoy
on 11 July 2011
So many times I have wathced really good series which have been ruined by being dragged on for too long, or with a weak ending (Lost was the worst example ever - what a let down!) This time the writers/ producers went out on a real high. I could happily have watched Sam's adventures for longer, but the ending is so brilliant and so well filmed that I feel anything but let down by their decision to end it leaving us wanting more. The acting is grea, the music is great, the atmosphere is great, and teh ending is everything I could have hoped for and more!
An all round joy!
on 30 October 2015
I didn't catch this when it first came out for some reason but I am glad I caught it now. Watched with Amazon Prime, another great show to add to my collection, I just wish there had been another series but I guess that might have ruined it. The story lines are consistently different, the dialogue is humorous and the acting is top notch. I was hooked from the 1st episode of the 1st season to the last episode of the 2nd season. While I was watching the last episode I was treated to, not one, but two twists in the story line or was that three....THE best ending ever. I am going to watch the sequel, Ashes to Ashes and then watch Life On Mars all over again.
on 22 April 2014
The series blends in well from Series 1.. There are many cracking episodes in this one including one involving a bomber, and another involving a suburban couple. It does truly have the 1973 details down correctly. The only pity is that they did not continue on with more, but instead jumped ahead too quickly in my opinion to the 1980's with 'Ashes to Ashes'. I think that the was room for another series before ending it...
on 26 November 2015
I love this series, one of the best dramas I have seen in years as the story line is so gripping and holds your attention but also has some brilliant lines of humour. If you want something to hold your attention with a fantastic story line, brilliant acting and a good sense of humour then go for this trust me! It had me hooked! P.s there is a sequel called ashes to ashes which is worth getting too if you love with one.
on 15 November 2009
This has to be one of the best TV programmes ever made and is well worth buying purely for this reason alone, as an added bonus if you're aged over 50 you come away from watching this feeling nostalgic as hell, well worth the money spent 10/10
on 14 May 2010
I have read on various places on the Internet that the BLU-RAY versions of LIFE ON MARS were missing extras,well this is not true,as the people who said that had never checked to see in the first place!.
These editions have ALL the extras that were included on the DVD versions,and with BLU-RAY it is a TWO DISC set,unlike the DVD set of FOUR,so that means you can watch four episodes on one disc which also has extras as well.
The show is fantastic,and i hope they release the BLU-RAY editions of ASHES TO ASHES as well!!!.
on 30 April 2015
Top draw entertainment that won't be beaten.A unique experience that is not to be missed and unlikely to be equalled.A subtle blend of Sweeney meets The Detectives-plenty of chopped liver but no Carrot's in sight.
on 26 August 2009
This second series is fantastic. It challenges both how far reality can willingly be suspended and how far plot-tastic (if there is such an word) characters that are trying not to and trying to both save and kill our (rather surprising) hero from his (internally chosen) present and his (uncomfortably sudden and painful) reality (or at least his apparent present in 2006). Whilst the ending is (on the one hand) a realistic and engaging representation of Manchester in 2006, the final moments are a wonderfully ironic (and realistic?) assessment of modern life. Every episode is wonderfully created and delivered. I haven't seen Ashes to Ashes but if this was a case of Absolute Beginners then Let's Dance.....