5.0 out of 5 stars Great science experiment fun
My KS2 children love this and have carried out a variety of experiments to see what conducts electricity and circuits. They have both taken into school, much to pleasure of their teachers, to use as a classroom resource. Lights up and makes a spooky sound when a circuit is made. Check out the Steve Spangler site to see how it works.
Published 13 months ago by PAB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very sensitive
Published 14 months ago by MR T M Sexton/AK Sexton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very sensitive, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Energy Stick- (Toy)
I was quite disappointed by this product. I teach science and was hoping to use this to teach my pupils about circuits and conduction. Previously I have used a cosmic ball to do this but found it a little fiddly due to its small size. I thought that with the big metal contacts at either end the energy stick would be perfect however upon opening I found that the contacts were just metal tape and very poor at conducting. I've found it very hard to make circuits with more than just one person in and therefore it isn't going to be much use in the classroom. It is also quite cheaply made and the battery is non replaceable. I would recommend sticking with the cosmic ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great science experiment fun, 2 Nov 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars fun and educational, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: Energy Stick- (Toy)
Our daughter got this at a birthday party. A fun toy that teaches how circuits work. We were able to complete a circuit with 4 people and our dog by holding her paws. In this day and age I was very disappointed that the battery was not replaceable. This makes this toy disposable which is bad for the environment. I will have to see how long it lasts. I had to deduct 2 stars due to the non replaceable battery as manufacturers have to start considering these things.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent customer service, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Energy Stick- (Toy)
Bought this product for christmas for my son, after 2 days sound stopped working though lights continued to work, thus still showing the science. After leaviing +ve feedback but mentioned lack of sound, the company/shop selling them contacted me, asked for details of the problem, and sent a replacement. Excellent customer service, the best I have seen for a number of years. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy stick, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Energy Stick- (Toy)
This was bought for my almost 7 yrs old grandson, who was delighted with it! It is educational & teaches the child about circuits.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic energy stick, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Energy Stick- (Toy)
Stick arrived ahead of date given and did exactly what I hoped it would!.I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to demonstrate electrical conductivity to children (and adults come to that!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars great., 27 Oct 2014
P. M. Rider - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energy Stick- (Toy)
Went down well with the children, helps get across the idea of conductivity and what things conduct electricity. Could be a bit fragile to give children to explore with. But basically, great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for teaching the concept of circuits, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Energy Stick- (Toy)
This is a brilliant tool similar to 'energy balls' which are also on the market.
It is packaged attractively and when used the children were so so enthusiastic and it really helped demonstrate how circuits work.

The only thing I would change is the fact that the battery cannot be replaced... Especially for the price. This is a constant cause for concern when using it, as I can't use it for a lesson and just change the battery if it runs out! So for this reason I have deducted one star.

Brilliant product for the most part and would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct 2014