on 19 October 2014
Our daughter got this at a birthday party. A fun toy that teaches how circuits work. We were able to complete a circuit with 4 people and our dog by holding her paws. In this day and age I was very disappointed that the battery was not replaceable. This makes this toy disposable which is bad for the environment. I will have to see how long it lasts. I had to deduct 2 stars due to the non replaceable battery as manufacturers have to start considering these things.
on 13 October 2013
I was quite disappointed by this product. I teach science and was hoping to use this to teach my pupils about circuits and conduction. Previously I have used a cosmic ball to do this but found it a little fiddly due to its small size. I thought that with the big metal contacts at either end the energy stick would be perfect however upon opening I found that the contacts were just metal tape and very poor at conducting. I've found it very hard to make circuits with more than just one person in and therefore it isn't going to be much use in the classroom. It is also quite cheaply made and the battery is non replaceable. I would recommend sticking with the cosmic ball.
on 2 November 2013
My KS2 children love this and have carried out a variety of experiments to see what conducts electricity and circuits. They have both taken into school, much to pleasure of their teachers, to use as a classroom resource. Lights up and makes a spooky sound when a circuit is made. Check out the Steve Spangler site to see how it works.
on 12 January 2014
Bought this product for christmas for my son, after 2 days sound stopped working though lights continued to work, thus still showing the science. After leaviing +ve feedback but mentioned lack of sound, the company/shop selling them contacted me, asked for details of the problem, and sent a replacement. Excellent customer service, the best I have seen for a number of years. Thank you.
on 21 January 2015
One of my daughter's favourite toys. Great and fun way to teach children about energy and circuits. We had a chain of 10 of us in a circle, all holding hands and with the energy stick. The kids had so much fun letting go, and then joining up again, and watching the lights on the energy stick flash and make its alarmy sound! Lots of fun!
on 22 April 2015
Kids loved this, and managed to get 35 in a circle to make it work.
on 16 September 2013
Stick arrived ahead of date given and did exactly what I hoped it would!.I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to demonstrate electrical conductivity to children (and adults come to that!!)
on 27 October 2014
Went down well with the children, helps get across the idea of conductivity and what things conduct electricity. Could be a bit fragile to give children to explore with. But basically, great.
on 13 February 2016
Great item that constantly gets played with. This is great for introducing the concept of electricity & circuits to children. My boys have had fun playing with this.
on 14 May 2016
Fantastic product and a great teaching aid for science. If you only buy one product to use in the classroom to help teach Physics, make it this one!

See one answered question