5.0 out of 5 stars useful and robust
packed as a spare in the suitcase to take on holiday,
takes up very little room when folded
once packed holds quite a lot, typically we had at least 6 * 500ml bottles of water, jumper, books, camcorder, wallet, suncream etc etc
surprisingly comfortable to wear, even when weighted down with all the water,
seems to be well constructed and will probably...
Published 22 months ago by sam t

1.0 out of 5 stars Good... But !!
Nice looking folding rucksack I purchased for use as light weight cabin baggage, folds well into the front pocket and the zips are fine.

Published 8 months ago by DP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars useful and robust, 28 April 2013
packed as a spare in the suitcase to take on holiday,
takes up very little room when folded
surprisingly comfortable to wear, even when weighted down with all the water,
seems to be well constructed and will probably last a long time
luckily it didn't rain on holiday but I would imagine that it would be at least showerproof

recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 19 Jan. 2013
I. Brown (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
Exactly as described. Looks like it will be durable. Zips look sturdy. I'm amazed as to how small it folds down to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good... But !!, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)

However... whilst in the airport on the outward journey using it with a loaded weight of 4.8 kg (cos the airline has a 5kg weight limit) the stitching came away from the top of one of the straps so I had to scrounge needle and thread to repair it, much to my disgust the stitching came away again from a different point whilst returning (again with under 5kg load) so had to sew it again.

Good points.. pretty and very light weight.

Bad points, poor stitching

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
Haven't used this item for travel yet but works great as an everyday rucksack. Folds away nicely too. Good brand, have even purchased the 50L and 90L carry-versions for future use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the task!, 22 Sept. 2014
Mr. P. A. Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
Having recently purchased this item and used for just two weeks - to carry newspapers, book, water bottle and keys to work: after less than 2 weeks use the main hook-handle is coming away where it joins that main seam. This is very poor performance - and despite calling the number on the seller-profile, there is continuously no answer. Please advise how to arrange a replacement bag. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 13 Nov. 2013
General "Jasim" (Qatar) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
i travel a lot and I have 2 foldable bags from skyflight,this on and another big one, they are very good.
I had them for a while now and I abuse them but they haven't broken down yet,so
I recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does anyone read review titles (rhetorical)?, 7 Sept. 2013
J (GOSPORT, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
Many people will purchase this bag for travel but I had a situation where I needed to take a bunch of very important documents to an embassy for a meeting but upon arrival have no bags at all with me for security reasons (they literally ban bags/backpacks/briefcases in the building).

So it was either this or I just use a supermarket style reusable carrier bag. The problem with using a supermarket style carrier bag is that stuff can spill out, it is annoying to carry, and if it rains the rain is obviously going to go straight down into the bag (which is a hassle).

So I ordered this.

I'd describe the material as almost like the stuff tents are made out of. The zippers aren't the best I've used but rarely get stuck and I suspect they'll last as long as the bag will. The overall construction quality feels good and I'd describe the design as "very good." It has two smaller pockets and the large main storage compartment.

I find it very quick/easy to convert back into a pouch, certainly much less hassle than some other "folding" stuff I've used before. The pouch seems to have almost more space than it needs so you aren't left really stuffing it in (like a lot of sleeping bags or tents for example).

The "downsides":

First off you need to be aware that this bag has no frame to it at all. So if you don't put something into it to give it "shape" it goes completely flat and not only looks unusual but is less comfortable to wear. This isn't a problem for me as I am putting rigid plastic paper folders into it, but for other uses it might be annoying.

The second thing is that while the pouch is small it won't fit in your average pocket. So if you wanted a bag you can shove in your pocket and then use as a backpack as the need arose you might be disappointed. It might fit in some larger coat pockets however, but for example it doesn't fit comfortably in my large male khaki trousers pockets which are quite expansive. I'd describe it as being similar to a 7" tablet in width but less height. So small for what it turns into, but too big to be non-coat pocketable.

Last thing is that while it is "well made" (see above) it is "well made" for something that is made of thin material and likely designed for only occasional use. If you want something good that you'll use every so often then this is great, if you want something to use every day then this won't last more than six months.

PS - I have not testing the rain-proof-ness of this bag. I suspect it will withstand light rain but that heavy rain will got through after a few minutes. I might be under-estimating it however...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as a day bag, 15 July 2014
P. Goddard - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
This is essential if travelling with cabin baggage only. It takes up very little room in the luggage and can be used as a day bag when on holiday. It is a quality rucksack, taking two 2-litre bottles of water with room to spare (for my beach towel, swim-shorts, suntan lotion and kindle). I have been looking for something like this for years but all the alternatives I tried were really flimsy. This is strong and holds a decent volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a little treasure, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
This rucksack is invaluable. It folds to almost the size of a large purse when not in use then you can just pop it out and you have a full size ruck sack. This is the 2nd of these that I have purchased. I wouldn't go away without it now. My husband very often leaves for a holiday with no hand luggage but comes back with the rucksack on his back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal foldable packing, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Folding rucksack (Sports)
Nicely made, good heavy quality fabric, just what I'd envisaged. Very useful to fold away in a suitcase for holidays.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›