on 1 October 2013
EMI has released several versions of the Klemperer/Barenboim/NPO Beethoven piano concertos, so why pay a fortune for the one here when you can get it much cheaper and with exactly the same quality (2006 digital remastering) here Piano Concertos 1-5 / Choral Fantasia and here Beethoven: Complete Piano Concertos? Same applies to other EMI releases, so search before you buy ;)
on 4 July 2012
This is a superb remastered version of a recording made in 1968. It is quite simply perfect. There is no more to be said.
on 14 October 2013
Although I could not give you a review on the technical aspects of this collection, all I know is that I have really enjoyed listening to the music. Some of my favourite Beethoven pieces, - all beautifully played. And, of course, there is the added bonus of the Choral Fantasia, - one of Beethoven's lesser known works (possibly) but one that gives me quite an uplift.
All in all, - an extraordinary buy in terms of value for money.
on 6 February 2013
The recording is quite simply breath-taking! Take time to sit back & enjoy the luscious quality & tone of this superb CD. A must for any Beethoven fan.
on 14 March 2015
A very fresh and lively collection and the tempo of the playing is just right.
on 10 July 2014
Its OK but not great. There's some serious hype about this collection which I don't find is justified!
on 26 March 2013
Only played my favourite No5 (Emperor) so far but it is superb and I am sure that the other pieces will be also. The recording is clear and of top notch quality and what a snip price.