1,163 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming on the PC
I bought this controller solely for gaming on my PC, as i don't own an xbox360. And really mainly to play Skyrim, as i didn't like how it controlled on the PC. The interface felt like it was made for console too much.

Published on 15 Dec. 2011 by R. Degen

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine if you only want one controller. Don't buy more than one.
I bought 3 of these and two wouldn't work. It wasn't that they don't work, individually they work fine, but XBOX have a problem that some of their controllers don't work with each other. This is a common fault (if you search the Xbox forum or Youtube). Basically, all 3 of my wired controllers want to be player one (sounds like my children) and nothing I can do will alter...
Published 3 months ago by Tony Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming on the PC, 15 Dec. 2011
R. Degen (Arnhem, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Official Xbox 360 Common Controller for Windows - Black (PC) (Accessory)

I am actually surprised how many games actually work with it out of the box! Titles like Skyrim, GTA 4, Overlord, Borderlands and Saints Row 3 work right away and some even display the proper buttons on the interface as soon as you use the controller. Also a lot of the indie games from steam work with the controller (for example Trine 2 and LIMBO).

If a game doesn't support it, there are plenty of tools available to bind the buttons and analog sticks to keyboard presses and/or mouse movement. This opens a whole world of customization. I've tried this with World of Warcraft and a game called VVVVVV and it worked great.

It has a descent long wire which i guess is mainly for the xbox's purpose. There is optional software that you can install to make it respond to pressing the Live button, but i don't see any use for it if you only plan to use 1 controller, so i suggest not installing it. Windows 7 (and probably Vista too) will pick up this controller right away so you don't need to install things from a cd-rom.

So in short, if you're into gaming but still prefer a PC over a console like me, this is your thing! I can safely say that pretty much every new game that comes out that is also on the consoles will work with this controller out of the box. I should have bought one of these ages ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, could not have been easier to get going!, 23 Oct. 2014
I bought this to go with LOTR: Shadow of Mordor. I like using the keyboard for FPS titles but for rpg and other genres I ususally prefer a controller.
Maybes it just what i'm used to after years of gaming on the Playstation but it just feels right.

I was contemplating going for a wireless ps3 controller as I know there is a method to get that working on a PC, but the workaround seemed long winded and I wanted something that would simply plug and play.
I didn't waste more money on going wireless as I felt it simply wasn't needed; no extra money for charge packs / batteries etc, and no worrying about wireless connectivity.

I really could not have expected this to go any simpler. Literally plug it to any usb port and it self installs in the same manner as some usb drives do when you plu them in for the first time, (you know what I mean, the little pop up box that shows above the task bar to tell you that its all good to go). A driver disc cd comes with the controller but I cant think why anyone would need it.

So after this initial install I loaded up Shadow in the North. I was expecting to have to navigate to the options menu to manually assign the corresponding buttons on the controller. Surprisingly I could use the controller immediatley; better yet, the game knows that your using the Xbox controller and in the tutorial and throughout it explains what you need to press in reference to the Xbox button layout, i.e. It tells you to press X, Y, etc..not W,A,S,D.

I've read other reviews which indicate it may not work so seemlessly with other games but I think most modern games should work fine.

In Summary.
Like I said I wanted just a simple plug and play device and this delivered; I will likely purchase a 2nd to play fifa etc.. with friends.
I've always been a big fan of both PC and console gaming, and consoles will always have a special place in my gamers heart; but after discovering how easy it is to play with controllers like this I think I may be moving more towards just PC gaming in the future.

Good price, great functionality, great quality = Top buy

5.0 out of 5 stars good product., 27 Jan. 2013
M. Griffiths (West Midlands England) - See all my reviews
bought to use with pc to play pc games. once you plug in first time, it downloads software automatically, and so far works with every game im told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, sturdy and responsive, 18 Dec. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After years of being a keyboard and mouse elitist I've come to recognize the value of controllers for certain type of PC games - especially platformers. This controller is reasonably priced, comfortable and well laid out. The only slight let down is the D-pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant, 25 Nov. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This controller is so useful. It's cheaper than the normal Xbox360 controller, of sturdier quality (the cable is less flexible) and it still works on Xbox360's as well as Windows PCs. It is black, therefore matches nearly all PC set-ups and I leave it next to my mouse and I can use it for games, if I need to. A vital accessory for any PC gamer. Best PC controller I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real cool for gaming, 5 Jan. 2012
This control pad sets you into the whole fun of gaming with PC. Solid experience with Batman asylum, wolverine, Assasin's creed, batman arkham city and lots more

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect controller, 4 Sept. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I used to own an Xbox 360, but sold it to invest in a gaming PC. And it was the best thing i ever did.
I bought a Saitek P380 Duel Analog controller and the thing almost made me cry. Bad responce time and backwards controls, it was cheap and I was sorry I bought it, (still have it if anyone wants it?). So, I decided to get the Xbox 360 controller for windows, it was perfect. Exerything works like a charm and its deffinetly worth the small bit extra. Bottom line...if your looking for a controller for your windows PC, this is the only little fella you need. Top class

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in and PLAY!, 7 Aug. 2012
Drakos (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great controller for the PC. I bought this as I wanted to play a few PC games that I felt more comfortable with using a pad. Bought it and as soon as I plugged it in, connected straight away and worked perfectly. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in every way!, 10 Nov. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well what can I say?? This is just a Xbox controller, yes its the wired version but thats what I asked for. Im away at the moment so getting replens of Batteries can be a little dificult.

First off I must say how playable this is. I bough this for the PC. Its so well setup, not just with the games but also the way an Xbox controller is already set up and ready to role with most games. No changing buttons, no callibrations, just plug the beast in and be quilted into a banquet of pleasure upon its highly responsive buttons.

The build of the pad is second to none. I have both an Xbox and a PS3 at home but Ive always liked the way the sticks work on the Xbox. They are not just as repeonsive as the PS3 but theya re also much better for the more precitional movovements. A PS3 controller has a habbit of swinging you from one side of the screen to the other with just the lightest of touches, were as a Xbox pad will move you like fluid around the pixilated world you are in. The model I seem to have been sent is the Mk2 looking version too, with a much sturdy build to my previous set.

All in all does the job well, if it be for Xbox or PC... GET IT!!!

Oh, and the postage was super fast too.. thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars PC games mastered., 29 Dec. 2012
I love playing computer games but was often made to look like a fool...
This games controller really does work with PC games. Previous controllers would sometimes work or would not link up with the program in a worthwhile manner. My controller was well packed, speedily delivered and at a good price.

Official Xbox 360 Common Controller for Windows - Black (PC)
Official Xbox 360 Common Controller for Windows - Black (PC) by Microsoft (Windows 2000 / 98 / Vista / XP)