5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming on the PC
I bought this controller solely for gaming on my PC, as i don't own an xbox360. And really mainly to play Skyrim, as i didn't like how it controlled on the PC. The interface felt like it was made for console too much.

Published on 15 Dec 2011 by R. Degen

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect controller with use on Windows, however Up button on the D-Pad arrived defective
I had to purchased a new Xbox 360 controller for my PC as during playing Dark Souls i accidentally destroyed my RB button so for Dark Souls 2 i purchased a new controller. Whilst the controller works fine and also matches my system it arrived defective with the Up button on the D-Pad been defective, this is only a small issue but chose to stick it out.

The...
Published 1 month ago by A. Trott

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming on the PC, 15 Dec 2011
R. Degen (Arnhem, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Official Xbox 360 Common Controller for Windows - Black (PC) (Accessory)

I am actually surprised how many games actually work with it out of the box! Titles like Skyrim, GTA 4, Overlord, Borderlands and Saints Row 3 work right away and some even display the proper buttons on the interface as soon as you use the controller. Also a lot of the indie games from steam work with the controller (for example Trine 2 and LIMBO).

If a game doesn't support it, there are plenty of tools available to bind the buttons and analog sticks to keyboard presses and/or mouse movement. This opens a whole world of customization. I've tried this with World of Warcraft and a game called VVVVVV and it worked great.

It has a descent long wire which i guess is mainly for the xbox's purpose. There is optional software that you can install to make it respond to pressing the Live button, but i don't see any use for it if you only plan to use 1 controller, so i suggest not installing it. Windows 7 (and probably Vista too) will pick up this controller right away so you don't need to install things from a cd-rom.

So in short, if you're into gaming but still prefer a PC over a console like me, this is your thing! I can safely say that pretty much every new game that comes out that is also on the consoles will work with this controller out of the box. I should have bought one of these ages ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars good product., 27 Jan 2013
M. Griffiths (West Midlands England) - See all my reviews
bought to use with pc to play pc games. once you plug in first time, it downloads software automatically, and so far works with every game im told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in and PLAY!, 7 Aug 2012
Drakos (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great controller for the PC. I bought this as I wanted to play a few PC games that I felt more comfortable with using a pad. Bought it and as soon as I plugged it in, connected straight away and worked perfectly. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic controller!, 10 Oct 2011
M Rahman "UnknownPsyche" (New Heaven) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Glad that I bought this original controller instead of others. I am using Windows 7 64-bit version and installed the software that came with. It's working perfectly. No complaint. Highly Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real cool for gaming, 5 Jan 2012
This control pad sets you into the whole fun of gaming with PC. Solid experience with Batman asylum, wolverine, Assasin's creed, batman arkham city and lots more

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant, 25 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This controller is so useful. It's cheaper than the normal Xbox360 controller, of sturdier quality (the cable is less flexible) and it still works on Xbox360's as well as Windows PCs. It is black, therefore matches nearly all PC set-ups and I leave it next to my mouse and I can use it for games, if I need to. A vital accessory for any PC gamer. Best PC controller I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect controller, 4 Sep 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I used to own an Xbox 360, but sold it to invest in a gaming PC. And it was the best thing i ever did.
I bought a Saitek P380 Duel Analog controller and the thing almost made me cry. Bad responce time and backwards controls, it was cheap and I was sorry I bought it, (still have it if anyone wants it?). So, I decided to get the Xbox 360 controller for windows, it was perfect. Exerything works like a charm and its deffinetly worth the small bit extra. Bottom line...if your looking for a controller for your windows PC, this is the only little fella you need. Top class

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Good, 10 Jan 2013
Keep it simple, it works as it should. No problems. Use this with Just cause on PC however maybe I have become acosustumed to using the mouse as some games I have lost my aim, for example a shooter like COD.

5.0 out of 5 stars PC games mastered., 29 Dec 2012
I love playing computer games but was often made to look like a fool...
This games controller really does work with PC games. Previous controllers would sometimes work or would not link up with the program in a worthwhile manner. My controller was well packed, speedily delivered and at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, sturdy and responsive, 18 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After years of being a keyboard and mouse elitist I've come to recognize the value of controllers for certain type of PC games - especially platformers. This controller is reasonably priced, comfortable and well laid out. The only slight let down is the D-pad.

Official Xbox 360 Common Controller for Windows - Black (PC)
Official Xbox 360 Common Controller for Windows - Black (PC) by Microsoft (Windows 2000 / 98 / Vista / XP)
19.99