5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment
This is great entertainment. It reminds me of the cop shows I loved from the seventies and eighties like Starsky and Hutch, and action shows like the A-Team. It doesn't take itself seriously and as long as you don't take IT seriously then I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this show.

It is also stunning. Absolutely gorgeous scenery (makes me really want to...
Published on 25 Aug 2011 by Raggielass

3.0 out of 5 stars Glossy but shallow
Published 2 months ago by shpadoinkle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)

It is also stunning. Absolutely gorgeous scenery (makes me really want to visit Hawaii) and the hottest cast I've seen on tv in years.

Alex O'Loughlin is especially great as McGarrett. I love his portrayal of him, funny, outrageous and touching in turn.

Daniel Day Kim is also excellent, as per usual. Scott Caan is funny as an angry Danno. And Grace Park is great as Kono.

I'd seen Grace Park and Daniel Day Kim before this show but never seen Scott Caan or Alex O'Loughlin before and was pleasantly surprised by them both.

The chemistry between the four is fantastic too.

Oh and did I mention the action? Top notch.

I can't imagine not liking this as pure escapist brilliance - unless you're a bit of a serious stick in the mud.

3.0 out of 5 stars Glossy but shallow, 18 July 2014
shpadoinkle - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Very watchable series - slick and entertaining. The characters are all beautiful, and of course the setting of Hawaii is consistently stunning. However it's a little too formulaic - pretty much every episode is the same kind of thing. Plus there's something missing, and I think it might be soul - it doesn't really have much of one. It lacks the charm and character development of say NCIS - sacrificing this for action and danger. But I think that doing this is a bit of a mistake, as there is only going to be a sense of danger if you actually care about the characters. And although they all serve a purpose - Steve is Action Man, Daniel is there for (cliched) sidekick banter etc. - I dont care that much about them, as there's no real depth.
I think if you want something pretty and predictable to look at while you're doing something else (ironing, sudoku, base jumping) then this might be a good choice. Otherwise you might find this a tad on the tedious side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 19 May 2012
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved watching this on the TV but the DVD is fantastic. The special features are great and the commentary with the cast is really funny. I cant wait for season 2 to come out on DVD, I hope its just as good as season 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawaii Five-0 is Hawaii Five Out of Five, 16 April 2011
P. Downing (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Hawaii Five-0 is slick, fast-paced, dramatic, beautifully shot and very good fun. It balances the dramatic with the not taking itself too seriously very well and has built up a very good character interaction between the main stars, particularly the 'love-hate' relationship between 'Danno' and McGarrett. The episodes keep you hooked week in and week out. Plus, the photography on the show is first class. This is a Five-0 for the twenty-first century that does remember its roots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawaii Five-O 2010/2011 Television Series, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Even though I haven't seen the original series at all, also I watched only watched three episodes of the remake it was excellent. Alex O'Loughlin is excellent as Steve McGarrett, Scott Caan who is son of the famous actor James Caan is also good as Danny `Danno' Williams. The rest cast are also brilliant. I have seen Alex O'Loughlin, Daniel Dae Kim and William Sandler in other television series. Alex O'Loughlin was in `The Shield' and `Moonlight'. Daniel Dae Kim was in `Angel' and `Lost'. William Sandler was in `Roswell High' and `CSI'. I think Hawaii Five-O is a wonderful, brilliant and excellent series that should grow in popularity with a wide audience both young and old. To being honest I believe that it will a worldwide phenomenon just like Lost was. I would give this television series 10 out of 10 and would this as a must see series to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawaii Five O - what a great new series!, 17 Jun 2012
Suzanne E. Clark (St Albans, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been rivetted to my laptop every evening for the past two weeks, watching an episode of Series 1 of the new Hawaii Five O American TV Series. Great plots, sharp action and above all a winning combo of inter-character relationships between the new McGarrett (the deliciously brooding Alex O'Loughlin), the new Danno (move over James Caan, your son Scott is uber cool), Chin Ho Kelly played by the enigmatic and charming Daniel Dae Kim and the female team member, Kono Kalakaua - like a breath of fresh Waikiki air on the screen. Even subsidiary support characters are developed with flair and gentle humour. A very sophisticated and classy revival of an old favourite - can't wait for Series 2 - meanwhile I'm ordering Series 1 for a couple of friends and family as I dare not lend out my own. Congratulations ... move over Starsky and Hutch, Cagney and Lacey - McGarret and Danno are back in town!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!, 8 May 2011
Brilliant New series!
I haven't seen any of the original series but cant recommend this highly enough!!! Great actors, good stories, jam packed with action and entertaining from start to finish - they need to practice a little on their shooting skills though for when they need to question suspects.....
Will definately be buying season one on dvd when its released, and hopefully it will be around for a few more seasons to come too!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love hawaii five 0 although, I have never seen the original series I can't compare it, but I like how all the characters have their own unique way of doing things is great, like Steve and Danno's constant banter with each other is just hilarious very normal and realistic you don't really see that very often in other tv series, also It's on location on beautiful Oahu you get to experiance what the island is like and that it's not all about the beaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars can not wait to buy season 2, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this programme, I enjoy the different cases they solve and the situations they get themselves in, while you see how the relationships between the five-0 team grows.
I can not wait for the second series to go to dvd.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 15 July 2014
What a lot of rubbish.

Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD]
Hawaii Five-O - Season 1 [DVD] by Scott Caan (DVD - 2011)