4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you haven't played Rayman 2 before.
To be clear, this is a port of Rayman 2, a game which is roughly 10 years old. I never played it back when it was first released. I had a Ps1 I could have played it on, but I guess I was put off by how incredibly hard I found Rayman 1, and expected the same of this.

Published on 5 Nov. 2011 by Mr. Sj Cousins

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old game
Published 14 months ago by Lewis Kemp

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you haven't played Rayman 2 before., 5 Nov. 2011
Mr. Sj Cousins "cousins93" (Walsall) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)

Since then, I learned it was a critically well acclaimed game in its time, and wasn't as hard as the original. I decided it would be worth getting with my 3DS. It wasn't the ideal choice of game to get with the 3DS, but it was the best game that the Gamestation in my town was offering in a bundle.

The game isn't not outstanding, but is worthwhile if you've never played it before. A disappointment is that the game is a little too easy. It took me a week and a half to beat the game and almost 15 hours of gameplay from it.

There were a couple of points where I was completely stumped for what to do. I was told to go to a particular stage in a cutscene, but didn't properly pay attention, so I didn't know what had been said. It doesn't help that in this version of the game, the name of the stage doesn't appear when you choose it on the map screen, so you don't know what stage it is until you enter. The same is the case if you want to collect every last "lum" in the game (which leads to full completion). You don't know if you've got all the lums in a stage until you enter it. This was incredibly annoying. I don't know if this was a problem in older versions, but it would have been an improvement if it could be displayed on the map screen.

Like I pointed out already, this is a port of a game which is roughly 10 years old. The graphics don't show what the 3DS is capable of. It would have been nice to see some improvement over the original, but it is just a straight port with the addition of 3D. The 3D can sometimes be great, but suffers a lot of the time from slight ghosting. I haven't noticed this in any other games. On occasion, the camera can cause you to be unable to see properly, but it isn't often enough to be a huge problem.

In short, this is just another port of Rayman 2. If you've played Rayman 2 before, this isn't worth it, unless you really must see the game in 3D. For new players, it is worthwhile, especially at the £15 that Amazon are currently charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, great game., 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I bought Rayman DS and Rayman 3D (both which are Rayman 2 ports)
I compared them, and not only are the graphics in Rayman 3D so much better, the mechanics and gameplay run so much smoother and it makes the game a more enjoyable experience.

I miss these old Rayman games. We need Classic Rayman, Rayman M and Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc to be ported onto the 3DS.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great reworking os a great game., 24 April 2011
Mr. DJ Rendell "Live to Play" (Mansfield Uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
As I owned Rayman 2 on the Sega Dreamcast , when i found out about this i just had to get it. I am pleased to say this is a very good reworking of the game and the 3D really adds to the feel of the game !! When played with the 3d slider about half way i can play this for long periods without getting a headache. It is when you try to play the game on full 3d for too long that it can cause problems but that is the same for all games . It is still a great game with good graphics with the 3d turned off. The conrols are very responsive ( i love the thump stick on the 3ds as it is so easy to use and so responsive) . The game runs at a very good frame rate so far but am only a bit into it so can't say if theres any issues later . The sound in the game is very clear and i love hearing the caracters talk in their language . Overall this is an enjoyable game that will give many hours of fun !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A platformer that stands the test of time, 24 April 2015
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
It's still one of the best platformers out there. Yes, I know that it has been rereleased and ported in countless occasions, but I honestly think that this is one of the best, if not the best port.

It's a big adventure that will take you a while to finish, especially if you are trying to collect all the lums. The worlds are challenging and fairytale-like so much, that you will find yourself playing Rayman 3D for hours.

Of course, this game has its flaws as well, like the camera that may occasionally make it difficult for you which way you are going. Also, some of the sound effects are pretty weak, so you will have to lower the music (which, by the way, is fantastic) in order to hear them.

The 3D effect makes the game even more beautiful and charming and if platform games are your thing, there is no reason not to give this one a try!

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old game, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I really enjoyed playing Rayman 2, so decided to buy this game for a little nostalgia. For some fans of the original rayman 2, this might be perfect, but I feel slightly cheated by Ubisoft - this is exactly the same as the original. It feels like Ubisoft have spent minimum effort on putting this game onto the 3DS; the 3D effects are very disappointing (its very blurry), the camera is just as annoying and the music isn't of great quality. I hoped that Ubisoft would add in extra features, like new bonus levels, cutscenes, or utilising the streetpass feature - but nothing like that has been added.
The game itself has always been good; its easy to play, has a simple story and is good fun. However, I feel like Ubisoft are just milking the game dry until they can no longer make any money. Its a shame, because they missed a good opportunity to remaster it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Quick and cheap port, 25 July 2014
Matthew Petch (Huddersfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
A poor port. It's like they didn't try at all. I noticed frame rate issues, things being low resolution, the second screen not begin made use of, etc. It's sad that other N64 titles such as Ocarina of Time and Lylat Wars not only run nicely, but have also had their graphics revamped, whereas this just seems like a quick and cheap money generator for Ubisoft. Even the title screen that appears on the 3DS menu before loading the game is really, really unprofessional looking. By far the worst I've seen.

The game itself is good, but honestly, if you've played it you're only going to be disappointed by this quick port. If you're yet to play it, pick up an old console at a car boot sale or use an emulator...

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy version of a classic!, 8 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
Not much to say really. If you have played the original, this is just the same and you know what you're getting into.

If you haven't, then basically, you're this awesome but weird hero, storming through fantastical worlds with psychadelic artwork and death at every turn. It's thrilling. It combines good action, a pliable hero, and that save-the-world theme that makes all Rayman games inspiring. Run, jump, shoot, fly, water-ski and swim. Don't expect boredom!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult, 27 May 2013
Jo-Bo (Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I bought this game when I purchased my 3DS as part of a package deal. I found this game rather boring, frustrating and difficult. I struggled with the controls. I would not recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rayman 2 Port, once again., 14 July 2011
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
This is a decent game. But it has been ported to so many different consoles over the time.. its just ridiculous.
They could have ported Rayman 3 Hoodlom Havoc instead, but chose this one.
The game is fun to play, but 3D ghosting effects are there.

The only eye-popping 3D effect I noticed was the butterflies and that was about it.. Nothing impressive apart from those butterflies flying towards your face.

Ghosting and 3D effect in this game generally hurt my eyes badly.
I own 8 3DS games and this one and Zelda are the only ones that had terrible ghosting(FOR ME PERSONALLY)

Note: the 3D effects may vary from person to person. it highly depends on individuals eyesight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic game, not the best conversion, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I played Rayman 2 on the PC when it was first released and thoroughly enjoyed it back then. The game is just as fun as it ever was and still looks surprisingly good. However, whilst I have had no problems with the 3D effect on the 3DS with any other title so far, this game seems to suffer some ghosting issues so I have largely played it with the 3D effect disable. This does nothing to ruin the fun but it does make the platform redundant. Still worth playing and others may not have the same issue with the 3D effect as I have experienced.

Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS) by Ubisoft (Nintendo 3DS)
Used & New from: £0.98