on 19 February 2012
bought this for my gf's Ford Fiesta Y-Reg/2001 plate. It fit perfectly into that big hole, all the additonal parts where perfect and the new stereo was easy to fit and slots in like it was always there!

If you are looking for a reducer and reading this then buy it. Can not rate this roduct highly enough, do not be put off by the low price (feel like i've robbed them actually), if i could attach a picture I would show you how snug it all fit. 100% worth it. All there's left to say is Thank You Very Much :)
review image review image
66 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2012
I read all of the reviews on this product before buying and many of them mentioned the tabs that hold the surround in place ("too brittle, break easily.") However, I needed the part for my wife's Mk4 Fiesta so I decided to go with it...

I hadn't even tried to mount the surround!! I was only slotting the stereo casing through the surround and BOOM, - 1 clip gone. Grrrr. I was deliberately not heavy handed as I had been warned.

So down to 3 clips, even more delicate now... the stereo case was now through the surround so time to slot it - ever... so... gently... into... the... BOOM! clip 2 gone, nooooooo!

I am not overexaggerating. These things would break if breathed on...

Anyhow it's in - The 2 bottom/top clips are not bad, it's the side ones that are brittle, so with a bit of cunning and the use of the unused tabs in the stereo mounting case, I got the thing home and somewhat secure. I guess that a reasonable car thief would laugh at the last comment!

The removal tools, loom adapter and aerial connector are all top notch so my only gripe is the surround and it's stupid little tabs.

I've given it 3 because it is only 1 item out of the bag...
on 14 January 2013
After the reading bad experiences of other people using 'simular' kits as this, for this process. Removing an old player from an old car (in my case a 1995 Ford Fiesta) it has to be said I had qualms, but it couldn't be helped I needed to do it, if I wanted a new Radio/CD Player, instead of an old 'Cassette Player'. So I looked around at two or three different kits to do this job and in the end, for no particular reason, I plumped for this one.

I knew from the start that it had to go right, as once I'd removed the old player there was no going back. Because it was protected by a serial number, (which I didn't have) as I wasn't aware of this until after I'd bought the car and driven it home. But it means that once removed, the old player couldn't be reinstalled withought resetting the serial number!? Such is life, anyway I decided to go for it.

Because I was going to be refitting the new player, straight after removing the old one, (although it doesn't tell you to do this) I disconected the 'EARTH' from the battery. Then I just removed the old Player and fitted the 'Wiring Harness', then the 'Stereo Surround', this is actually just a plastic surround, for the new player to slot into. It all went really smooth and without hiccup.

I had no problems using this kit, everything went swimmingly and I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 5 May 2012
As mentioned in another review, the clips are flimsy. Both of mine broke - seems as if the measurements are a little more than the actual hole it's supposed to clip into.

Never the less, for the price, you can't go wrong. I figrued I'd check Halfords for the same sort of things and it was £16 odd just for the surround, another £5 for the removal keys, £5 for the connecting wires needed plus another £3 for the aerial adaptor. Would have been around £30 for the same things in Halfords - I was quite shocked.

Even though the clips broke, the surround still sat in place quite snug. A little super glue to hold it in place and bobs-your-uncle.
on 16 November 2012
Fitted this to my old Ford Courier Van. Popped in a cheap Pioneer CD/Radio which I picked up for a song.Only problem I had was the steady bracket had to be fitted to the radio unit complete with the new facia as one item and slipped into the hole until it locked in. Apart from that everything was decent quality and take no notice of posts that say the facia is cheap and breaks easily. If you take care and do not RUSH to fit the kit then you will be as pleased as I am.If you bust the facia fitting it then its your own fault for being careless and rushing the job.
on 11 December 2013
Upon reading the reviews of this product I seen a few people mention that the 'clips' are 'brittle' which I did find any problem with. The clips seemed fine to me the only clip which I managed to break due to no fault of my own, was the clip which attaches to the back of the Stereo to hold it into place. Everything fitted perfectly and easily. I never actually got to use this properly as the Stereo I was using decided to pack in.
on 2 August 2014
Fits really well to my Son's 2001 Fiesta. Kit contains all the necessary connectors to convert a Ford stereo to an after-market DIN model. Beware of the fascia tabs snapping as you slide it into the dashboard. Maybe worth fixing small tabs of plastic or metal to the lugs to reinforce them. Other than that, kit is well worth the money as Halfords want around £25 for the same kit !!!
on 14 March 2013
Suitable for Ford Focus 2001, but you must make some modifications, because clips are not on the right places. I remove them and make some modification to fit it in the place.

Also the cables are not suitable for my stereo (Panasonic), but this is my problem... I do not see it before I order it.

The package was good and everything come as described
on 28 May 2012
bought this to swap out stero and its perfect all the bits you need to swap out the original stereo - always bought them individually before but this way works out cheaper - only negative is the fascia is a good fit but not perfect but only a minor problem, if i were a perfectionist i would have left the orginal stereo in situ !
on 26 December 2012
This item was ordered to go with a Christmas present of a car stereo for my son, I ordered the week before Christmas and it arrived in time to install Christmas morning, value was brilliant compared to high street car shop prices, I would highly recommend this item and this seller, thanks for making my sons Christmas!!