on 21 June 2013
If you want a bracket that allows you to fix your projector to the ceiling and leave it there and you are not concerned about the angle of tilt this product is fine. It is sturdy and secure, looks neat and is good value at the price.
The reason for my disappointment and only three stars is that the product was a trial to assemble and install. It is awkward to attach and remove the projector -- standing on a ladder juggling an expensive projector, Allen key, nuts and bolts is not easy. It is possible but risky for one person to do it alone.
I agree with others who have commented -- the assembly instructions supplied are useless. You really have to work out how to assemble it from the picture on the box. The rest is down to trial and error. I too had some parts left over. I presume they are fittings for attaching different types of projector. Mine did have the M3 type screws I needed to attach my the projector included as well as an Allen key required for assembly and adjustment.
Initially I thought the claim that the projector can be tilted at up to 15 degrees was untrue but after puzzling over it for some time I have found that it is possible to tilt the projector on any axis however to do so requires the use of a larger Allen key (which is not supplied) and a spanner (also not supplied). So far as I can see, the angle of tilt cannot be adjusted whilst the projector is attached to the device.
Overall, a decent product let down by poor instructions for assembly. if you need to tilt your projector accurately or want to put it up and take it down easily you probably should be prepared to pay more and go for something more elaborate.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 October 2013
Three stars for not including my video in the box! This is one very difficult product to install. No matter what mounting device you choose, positioning and fixing a ceiling projector is always going to be difficult. But not providing basic instructions for the device makes life extremely frustrating. The booklet provided is very general and concentrates on safety aspects.

I like the choice of two different tube sizes. The one I chose was to allow a nearby door to open. The wood shown in video allows future repositioning of ceiling mount as well as making it easier to secure to joists. And I never liked the idea of putting a mount directly on to plaster-board ceiling. Timberboard £9.88 Wickes 200x1150x18mm.
on 26 October 2013
You have to figure out how to install it. Not too hard, though.
Adjusting and tilting is a pain... had to scree/unscrew 3 times the part closer to the projector to get it right.
Otherwise, the projector won't fall now!
on 14 December 2013
No problems with bracket and strength but seller has failed to notice the colour dot on side of box that says bracket is silver not as displayed as black on box. projector is black and bracket is silver on a white ceiling lol.
on 17 April 2013
I'll start off by saying that this ceiling mount has worked really well for me and has enabled me to have my projector in exactly the right location and orientation...

...BUT... it came with no useful instructions and lots of extra parts that I really have no clue whether I should have used or not. You have to treat it as a 3D puzzle for DIYers.

There are two mounting cylinders for different heights but nothing in between so you need to hope that one of these works for you.

Also, be aware that if you have an Optoma projector you will need to get three M3 screws to attach to the mount (not included). For some reason, these were really hard to source (Screwfix and Wickes didn't have them, eventually found them in B&Q)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2014
Got the colour I asked for and Prime delivery was spot on. However: Without the instruction video review left by other customer would have probably sent it back / given one star. So only three stars which is a shame because with the know how it is a great little bit of kit worth 5 stars. Unfortunately it doesn't come with the know how. SO if you're reading this then you can find the video as I did and have a good time at a great price and on Prime. But without the video you will probably go insane.

COMPANY: ADD SOME INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR OWN SALES. YOU'VE GOT A GREAT PRODUCT - DO IT SOME JUSTICE!!!
on 23 January 2014
Bracket seems substantial enough. I ended up having to drill it to get it to fit but I think that's more to do with the Optoma mount setup on my HD131Xe. Wrong colour received though (silver not black as stated in the title) - why go to the trouble of having 2 different product pages for the 2 different colours if you're just going to ignore it and send the wrong one!?

Instructions very poor also. It's not immediately obvious that the bolts go inside the tube and tighten-up outwards into the holes - this makes it easier to install but it doesn't feel the safest of solutions.
on 25 April 2014
needed to add a few washers to get the angle right but not sure if that's to do with my house or the bracket. Anywhoo for the money this a bargain!
on 19 October 2014
Incredibly hard to setup. Getting the projector at the right angle and position is quite tedious, I find it hard to imagine there isn't a better mount out there.

Instruction are not supplied, nor found online, apart from a minimal helpful video
on 20 April 2016
Very nice product. Only downside is I had to get different small screws to fit my projector. But overall a good product. Does the job intended