on 6 May 2012
I was searching for a divers watch. Something of good build quality, and something i was not afraid to loose, yet not going to compromise on the quality. I was first looking into models that was automatic, but having to make sure the watch was not gaining / loosing time was just a total no-go. That is not what a watch should require (in my opinion).
I found this watch on amazon, and was amazed how "hidden it was" bottom of page 3.

This watch is everything i wanted to have!
- It has a fantastic readyability
- Day / date
- Sturdy build (very sturdy)
- Good weight to it - not too heavy, not too light
- 120 tick crown bezel - amazing
- Solar panel build in - never having to buy another battery and pay 50 quid to get it sealed properly.
- The hinge is strong, and there is NO WAY, you drop it by chance.

Over all - the best watch Seiko i have ever ownd from Seiko!
on 3 January 2013
After endless searching for months i came across this watch. The quality is outstanding and the finish is of what you expect of a high end watch just at a low end price!
Once unboxed,it took a while to get it started by charging with natural light before the second hand ticked seconds and not every two (low charge warning).
The bezel (unidirectional) is firm and can be used with or without gloves.
Fitted with a stainless steel strap, it has a divers extension built in. Your able to swap straps without any problems due to the drilled through pin inserts.

The watch has a V158 movement and the lume is bright enough holding for some time.

This my second Seiko and i'll be buying another soon!
on 7 April 2015
Purchased this watch as I wanted a watch that I didn't have to keep putting batteries in and paying for a reseal.I have an older model Seiko with a perpetual calender and another automatic model. I like Seikos for their build quality.

The watch has a good feel to it, weighty without feeling overly heavy but, you'll never forget it's on your wrist. The finish is excellent and I like the scalloped edge to the rotating bezel and it moves smoothly with no backlash. Unlike my other automatic, this watch has a hack function where I can stop the second hand to allow me to set the time spot on and so far it has kept very very good time. The strap is solid and locks firmly into place with a 2 stage clasp. It's also got an extension to allow me to wear it over my wetsuit without having to make adjustments to the strap.

The face is clean and easy to read at a glance, having the day / date is handy and the lume is very good. Being a divers watch means it has a screw down crown and even this has a nice solid feel to it. I've worn it with everything from wetsuits to dress suits and I don't think it has ever looked out of place. I have, in the past, paid much more for watches that may have had the reputation but, I think this is going to be one of my favourites.

All in all a well build, solid, easy to read, diving rated watch what will not require the maintenance that a battery operated watch will require - what's not to like?
review image
on 12 July 2013
Bought for 66 birthday present. Excellent as never needs batteries or to be wound up. Excellent for beach and underwater diving. The only fault is its weight. Too heavy for a thin wrist. Very clear and easy to read.
on 16 January 2014
Fantastic watch, comfortable to wear, very accurate time keeper and looks great. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a sturdy dress watch.
on 23 February 2015
This is a great buy, never loses time, fully waterproof (swim in it often). I would definitely buy again.
on 20 May 2013
Amazing watch. It looks better in real life and the precision is truly astonishing. The bezel rotates smoothly and clicks twice every second. The lumes are bright and simple and show up well in the dark. It has a good weight and the whole watch including the bracelet is nicely weighted and solid.

The dark dial (30mm wide, 45mm including the crown) is great for easy viewing and the crown can be screwed down for extra water resistance. It is easy to adjust and keeps accurate time. Highly recommended.
on 8 January 2014
This is mainly a review of my particular watch, and the condition it was in when I received it. The purchase was fulfilled by Amazon.

The seller's ad said that it was new, brand new, it was not.

When I took it out of it's not-so-well-packed box, a link pin simply fell out of the bracelet.

The watch had no tags, and was covered all over in heavy greasy fingerprints. There were lumps of coarse, oily, gritty dirt around and under the rotatable bezel, and the bracelet was deeply scratched where someone had attempted to size it, but did not have the knowledge or skill or tools to do so correctly.

I surmise: that it's previous owner, a mischievous little scallywag, having messed about with this watch to the extent that it could not now be worn, decided to play his get-out-of-jail card and promptly returned it to Amazon.

Amazon, the most customer-centric business in the whole world, then played their I-really-don't-give-a-damn-today card and sent it to me, instead of placing it in their returns/to be sold as used section. Deep joy for me then.

I have kept this watch, at a discounted price, as a constant reminder of some of the unexpected, but enlightening hazards just lying in wait for any one of us when buying a popular item online.

By adjusting the bracelet, thoroughly cleaning out the grease and dirt and polishing the scratches, I can now wear this watch, and it may be worth almost what I paid for it.

It is a good looking, well made watch. Slightly oversize, and very easy to read. It keeps perfect time in the usual Seiko solar quartz manner.