on 28 March 2011
Bought this from GAME when I got my 3DS on launch day.

The case is made from good, high quality material and doesn't seem like it will damage easily. It's also fairly thick BUT there is a gap at the top (due to the design) so be careful if you have a drink in your bag aswell as this.

Another negative is there is only space for two games (three if you keep one in the console) so you're just gonna have to choose wisely I guess.

But yeah, nice, smart and solid case that I would reccommend!
on 29 March 2011
Bottom line... this is a well built piece of kit.

The 3Ds fits very snug into the entire thing, and while it may leave a gapish at the top, I wouldnt expect that to do any real damage to the device unless you are throwing your bag around like a football, or carrying something which could clank against it inside your bag.

But if you want all round cover... there are alternative bags.

Yes there is only space for 2 game, but you can clearly see that from the photo!!

The velcro holds the entire thing down fine, and it has a nice, expensive feel to it.

My only issue, which isnt worth knocking a score off for, is that the supplier for this (Indigo) sent it first class and it was dispatched the same time as my 3DS. Yet my 3DS arrived the day of release, and it took a further FOUR days for this to arrive. Not impressed!!
on 5 May 2011
Having finally caved in to buying a 3DS, after an in-store demo from a Nintendo rep, I returned to order the Aqua Blue bundle from Amazon. Of the cases on offer with the deal, this one looked ideal but I did have a look around for other options.

From all the options out there, this one from Power A (who I had never heard of before) looked like just the kind of case I wanted and easily worth the extra £5 with the bundle.

It's always hard to tell from pictures online what an item like this will actually feel/be like but it seemed to be a leathery type material with a flap-type opening which sounded ideal.

Having received my case, I was not disapointed in any way.

The outer material has a soft-ish leathery feel with what feels like plastic sections within the material on the front, rear and flap which reinforces the otherwise soft elements. These reinforced parts are completely covered in material (be it the leathery material or the 'fuzzy felt' type), inside and out.

The main flap is held down with velcro. On opening the case you will see two elasticated games storage slots and one for an extra stylus which are on the main case frame, not the flap.

The interior of the case is a soft velvety fuzzy felt type material and I can't imagine this putting a single mark on the 3DS which fits absolutely perfectly without being overly tight.

I have found that pushing the base of the case upwards when removing the 3DS helps to avoid having to grab one of the shoulder buttons quite so hard.
I prefer this design to my PSP Hemp Exspect case which has a tab to help remove the console but I suspect this COULD leave a mark over time - not the case here.

At this time I can't really think of anything that I'd desperately want to change as long as the velcro stands up to repeated use over time.

In summary:

I'd have gladly paid more than the RRP for this case now that I've got it in my hands and been able to properly examine it.

If this were a pouch for an iPhone or iPod it would probably be £20 but to be honest I'd really consider paying that as I like it so much.

Great quality, great construction and feels as classy as it looks.
review image review image review image
on 30 March 2016
I believe this case fits both the old 3DS and the “new” 3DS, but personally I’m using it for my recently bought N3DS. The leather feels high quality and durable - no marks or creases have shown up yet. Personally I think it’s a too big to fit comfortably into a jeans or shirt pocket, but it should fit fine inside an inner coat or jacket pocket. The flap is connected to the rest of the case by velcro, making it really easy to open and close. In addition, the case also contains space for two game cartridges which fit securely in the elastic bands (if you need more space to store games, this case isn’t for you). There is also a place to store a spare stylus. It offers protection for most of the DS except the top part (see photos). I would say that it provides sufficient protection for a very short drop/against keys and whatnot that can be found in your backpack.

Pros:
- Smart design
- Can hold a stylus + 2 game cartridges
- Offers sufficient protection
- Doesn’t bulk up the 3DS as much as some other cases

Cons:
- Doesn’t cover the whole DS
review image review image review image
on 31 March 2011
It is a good well made sturdy inflexible case, but the negatives outweigh the positives for me - that gap at the top is fairly large and it is a very tight fit for the 3DS - I'm a little afraid for the 2 outside cameras if I happen to get dust/small foreign object in the case without me realising it.
I would have said it was too big and too inflexible to fit comfortably in a pocket/jacket.
It will suit some people very well, but not for me, as I will be putting it in a bag with other things.

Yes, I know, I should have considered how I was going to use it more carefully, but it is worth reviewing as I have, so others consider more first & don't make the same mistake.
There are other PowerA cases that do give all over protection (I've reviewed one).

Edit: The case may look as if it is made of soft leather - it is fact hard and totally inflexible and would not sit easily in a pocket.

I have another issue with this case now: mine provides an exceptionally tight fit for the 3DS, and hence there is at least the possibility that the console is put under (albeit probably slight) pressure - this won't harm the 3DS as such.
But some users are saying that the top screen of their console is getting marked by the raised edge of the bottom screen when closed - for some it is wipable away marks but others have had their top screen permanently marked.
To prevent this happening it is advised to keep the styroform sheet that the console came packed with, (or a glass cloth) inbetween, when the console is closed and not to put the console under any pressure.

Given this I'm personally not willing to use this case for my 3DS.
I am sure this will attract negative comments by players who think otherwise, but the screen marking problem has been reported across all of the main game forums.
on 20 June 2011
I bought this case for my 3DS so that I could carry it around to get street pass hits when I'm going to work.

It's a sensible size and made of nice quality fo-leather. It has elasticated storage for two DS or 3DS cards, and of course one in the console, and it has storage for one 3DS stylus.

It's well made with strong velcro and a nice badge on it and fits well into a jacket inner pocket.

I think it's good value for the money, especially if you use the amazon bundle deal.

There's room when it closes above the console to tuck a strap in if you don't want it dangling and the shape makes checking the wifi and street pass alert indicator lights easy.

It's robust and doesn't add too much width to the console whilst still feeling as though it will protect it well.

You could do much worse than this if you prefer a case that you can completely remove from the console while you are playing.
on 27 January 2016
I bought this just recently, I needed a case for my New 3DS since I can't rely on putting it back in the box every time I put it away. The case features a somewhat hard leather feel with easy-rip off Velcro with a reasonable size. Yes, this does fit the New 3DS quite well, it is a slightly tight fit, but fits very well. If you're looking for a cheap case for your new 3DS, this is absolutely fine and it's more mobile than the box!

My only 'complaint' is that it doesn't cover the shoulder button and adjacent side as it's larger than the older 3DS. You can see where the flap covers over the device and the tiny gaps that don't cover all of the 3DS, however I'm overall happy with what I paid for, and my 3DS is a lot safer than just holding it!
on 5 May 2011
There are several different styles of case already available for the 3DS. For me, this one is just right. A light weight case holds the 3DS snugly and offers good protection from knocks and bumps. Inside there is also space for two 3DS or DS carts as well as an extra stylus (although those aren't included!) The case is held firmly closed by a velcro strip.

Where the cover folds over, there is a gap at either side. Although this is not really an issue if you are carrying or keeping it in a pocket, it may not be suitable if it is to be carried in a bag with other items. But, if you don't mind the gaps, it is a great case for a good price.
on 20 July 2011
Looking for something safe to keep your 3DS in? Well this Nintendo Licensed Executive Case just might be to your liking.

The case is nicely designed with a nice leather-like exterior, tidy stitching around the edges, a smooth interior for the handheld, and the official 3DS logo at the botton of the case to make it look more professional. It even has little pockets that allow you to carry two game cards and a stylus.

The case is a little on the chunky side, so you will have trouble fitting it into tight pockets of tight trousers. But other than that it's a very smart case that 3DS owners should consider buying.
on 6 June 2014
I got this instead of an old zipped case I had for my 3DS. I love that fact it is smaller and not as fussy. I don't need a million pockets or pouches in a case and I don't carry more than 3 games at a time so the two extra game cartridge pockets are great plus the slot for an extra stylus. Yes there are tiny gaps where liquids would get through but as long as it covers the main body of the console and protects from scratches and bumping around in my bag I'm happy :) Unfortunately the velcro that keeps it closed did come off the case rather quickly but it's easily fixed with some superglue!