5.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly but fine!
Received these screen protectors free as part of the Hardware Package Amazon were doing for the 3DS, and I have to say I totally disagree with the previous two 'one star' reviews.
Published on 27 Mar. 2011 by T. Callaghan

Personally, I had a nightmare putting these one. I spent about 15 minutes cleaning my screens and couldnt see a single bit of anything on the screen. Now having put a protective cover (exactly like this one) onto my iPhone, I knew what I was doing and it worked perfectly in that instance.

Unfortunately here, it didnt!

I put the bottom screen cover...
Published on 28 April 2011 by SNS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly but fine!, 27 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Nintendo Licensed Screen Protectors (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
The protectors are a nice thickness and while there isn't an applicator card supplied, you can use the edge / corner of a credit card or something similar. Just to note a credit card is too large for the touch screen but I just tilted it a bit and it was fine

Sure, fitting screen protectors can be a bit fiddly, but you need just need to take some care.
Line up the screen protectors first, so you know how they will fit - practice the motions described below if you're unfamiliar with applying them
Prepare in a 'dust free' environment - some where like the kitchen where you won't get a load of carpet fluff stuck to it
Clean the screen with a soft cloth ensuring no dust remains
Peal off the first film (tab 1) and line up one end (I find it easiest to start on the left side but I am right handed), then using a piece of card push this along the surface of the protector (e.g. left to right) whilst gradually lowering it onto the screen with your other hand.
Use the card to push out any remaining air bubbles or using a soft cloth rub in a circular motion from the centre outwards.
Only once you are happy there are no air bubbles left and it's all stuck firmly in place then remove the second film (tab 2).

With a bit of time, preparation and patience you shouldn't have any trouble. I certainly didn't and for free I really can't complain!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3DS screen protector, 10 April 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I read a couple of reviews on this product before I ordered it with a 3DS console bundle, and having used it I still don't understand why some people are complaining. It was way easier to apply than other screen protectors I have used, and I had no problem with trapped airbubbles (which I know can be a nightmare). The protectors fit quite well onto the screen and the 3D effect and touchscreen appear to be uneffected and work normally. I would recommend these protectors as the top screen of the 3DS is quite glossy, and smudges are noticeable. In the end it does its job as you would expect it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy to protect your 3DS, 8 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First of all I think this is a great product which came with my console bundle. I managed to stick on mine and get no air bubbles by using a credit card to smooth out any bubbles. Don't listen to other bad reviews, most of them are because they can't apply the screen protectors correctly. Its a great purchase and I have just ordered a spare set to make sure my new 3DS stays safe.

3.0 out of 5 stars If done perfectly, they do the job, but they dont fit exactly., 28 April 2011
SNS - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

Unfortunately here, it didnt!

I put the bottom screen cover on, had two bubbles. I removed one bubble but found the other was infact a spec of tiny dust on the inside of the sticky side. End result... ruined! There is no way to remove that dust once its there on the sticky side.

I removed the cover and threw them away.

Now don't missunderstand me. As my title states: if you can manage to apply this correctly and not get any bubbles or dust, then it will do the job required.

The reason I have removed two stars is this:

1) You only get ONE bottom screen cover and ONE top screen cover.

This means you only get ONE chance at doing both correctly, and for the price of the item this is a rip-off. You should at least get two each in case you do make a mistake (which is sometimes unavoidably if you can't see the dust), but you could then give it a second go.

2) The bottom screen (I didnt try the top one) just didn't fit!

It is clearly too small for the screen, and it leaves a very evident gap along the top and bottom. Now I can appreciate this means you have the option to remove them if so desired (as the gap gives space to leaver it off_, but it would have looked better if maybe they had left a designed intend on one corner, instead of leaving spaces at all four sides.

3) I found the plastic/material used was very sticky to the touch when moving your finger accross it, and it smudged very easily, leaving obvious finger marks.

Now i've not had this with mu iPhone. My iPhone plastic screen cover has a very smooth feel, with no resistance. This one feels cheap, badly designed and rushed out.

3.0 out of 5 stars good once on..but be quick!, 9 Feb. 2012
Zoe "Talyn" (Leicestershire) - See all my reviews
I found these a must, especially for the touch screeen as with the normal DS, the screen ends up going through it a bit!
When these are on, they are great, easy to work out any air bubbles which is why it has three stars. However, I did find that it was important to be quick and not take the first layer off then leave it for air to get to it...i am talking seconds!! Because if this happens, dust gets on it and each speck of dust creats an air pocket which is impossible to get out. Not noticable once the screen is on, but i am a perfectionist and hated it! Only a niggle though, and I also found cheaper ones out there that did the job too! so all in all its good...but not that good :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Results, 20 July 2011
The 90's Guy (North Devon, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Here we have some screen protectors, a couple of clear stickers designed to cover both screens on the Nintendo 3DS and protect them from dust and dirt. But do they actually work? Well, as mentioned in the review title I found the end results to be mixed.

First I removed the stickers from the packaging. Being careful to only handle the stickers by the edges, I first worked on the lower touch screen. I was able to carefully fit it into place without making it look like a slanted picture frame. After smoothing out the air bubbles with a flat object (I'd suggest using an old credit card or something along those lines) the result was perfect. No dust, no dirt, no bubbles, and my stylus worked perfectly fine on the screen afterwards. Brilliant.

Then I moved onto the top display screen, hoping to get the same outcome. Sadly it wasn't to be. I had an incredibly hard time matching the sticker up with the edges of the screen exactly, although after a few attempts I got it very close. But despite wiping the screen with a microfibre cloth beforehand, I found a lot of dust still managed to get trapped underneath the sticker; and when I smoothed out the bubbles a lot of dirt built up around the edges, and some of it still remained stuck on the screen after I'd tried to wipe it off. It looked like a mess.

So a 3-Star score from me for these screen protectors. Are they worth buying for your 3DS? Yes, but only for the bottom screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the hassle., 27 Dec. 2011
Orinoco (Castilla La Mancha, Spain) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My kids received 2 Nintendo DS Lites a few Christmases back and the touch screens on both of them took a real beating. Over-exuberant use of the stylus over hundreds of hours of play takes its toll, so I vowed that with the upgrade to the 3DS I'd invest a few quid in screen protectors.
I made the mistake of letting one of them have a play about with the second console whilst fitting the first 2 screen protectors to console number one. It was fresh out of the box and the protectors went on fine, save for a few air bubbles. The plastic though is thick enough that once you have it positioned you can peel it up and iron out the bubbles with no trouble at all. (I used a credit card with some soft cloth over it.)
It looked absolutely fine.
When I came to do the second one, greasy mince pie fingers had already been all over it and the tiniest mote of dust is enough to create a fairly sizeable bubble. I bought another screen protector pack the following day, but before fitting it I wiped both screens with some special fluid designed for flat screen TV's and a micro cloth. Then I took it to the petrol station, blew it with the air gun for inflating tyres, popped it in a carrier bag and redid it at home, without problems.
A bit of a mission I realise, but having seen the damage on the previous consoles, well worth taking the time to do it properly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely dreadful, 30 April 2011
K. Smith (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The screen protectors are marked right across them from factory machine processing I assume and when I came to peel the labels off the back, half of the labels are left stuck on there and won't come off, even with scraping. I give up. Just never received such absolute rubbish from Amazon. I've just spotted they're official Nintendo screen protectors, I'd assumed they were cheap imitations. Unbelievable. I know they were 'free' with the package, but I'm still annoyed, it's part of the bundle which was part of the attraction of the package.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but expensive., 7 July 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
These official licensed screen protectors came as part of a bundle with my 3DS. They are a decent thickness and do the job well after applying to the screens. There is no polishing cloth or any plastic card to ease the protector into place so you'll need to find your own or improvise. They are a decent product and complement the 3DS nicely. However as a standalone product, they are overpriced. I've seen 3rd party screen protectors which are just as good at a fraction of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen Protector, 26 Dec. 2012
Excellent, arrived in plenty of time for Christmas, does what it say. Well worth getting one for any console Thanks

Nintendo Licensed Screen Protectors (Nintendo 3DS)