Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 9 October 2011
This is a wonderful album, with an impressive set list of great songs from Cole Porter, Otis Redding, James Brown and Harold Arlen and George Gershwin. It's a shame that the Amazon review doesn't actually match this CD!

Etta's voice stunning, and the orchestral backing is superb.

Buy this with confidence!At Last - The Best Of
on 21 December 2011
I 'discovered'Etta James when I heard a cover version of 'At Last' on X Factor!
I then read a review in a national newspaper saying that this album was the best to get.I have not been dissapointed - although some of the tracks are really old eg Night and Day, the whole album has a contemporary blues feel. The backing music is fab. I play it all the time now.
on 24 December 2011
A brilliant collection of evergreen favourites sung wonderfully by this great lady! Initially bought for my mum but I ended up keeping a copy.
on 17 April 2012
I guess I never really knew who Etta James was until her death was reported - however, as soon as I heard her voice singing `At Last' I knew I had to buy some of the music I recognised. I was not disappointed. One of the Greats as gone, but luckily, we still have her music to remember her by.
on 11 February 2012
When i first bought this cd i wrote a review saying i thought it was a bit boring but i have since changed my mind.I have it on the background when reading and i find the more i listen to it the more i want to.There are some i hadn't heard before and a few i know well,so it's a good mix of songs from through her career.Also the quality on some of the songs is lower than others but for the price pretty is reasonable.
on 11 April 2012
This came to me after hearing her on the radio and then someone bought it for me after I mentioned it. I really loved all the tracks and it helps to pass many miles of motorway driving with a serious kick of style. Much loved.
on 28 June 2014
I was really looking forward to playing this cd and before it arrived "At Last" had been swimming around in my head for a couple of days. It was a let down because I did not know this was an "OLD" Etta James, and not the originals I was expecting. It is not the best. But it is not the worst either. These are "live" recordings and one can imagine low lights, a smoky atmosphere and a singer of a certain age sitting next to the very accomplished pianist. It is mood music and I think it will grow on me.
There are some wonderful songs, and Etta James gives her own interpretation. In all honesty, you will have to be a fan to really enjoy this album.
on 6 January 2013
This is a collection of some really outstanding performances of some standards and blues songs. The sound is really excellent considering the very cheap price. The bands are top class with some excellent sax and trumpet playing. She does a live version of AT LAST that breathes new life into her well worn song. 16 tracks in all makes this a real bargain. A must for any aspiring female jazz singer. Bought for one of my talented young singing pupils.
on 10 March 2013
The tunes are timeless, the voice is great, and the recording quality is surprisingly good.

Happy to recommend this album to fans or those exploring Etta's music
on 11 March 2014
One of the great singers who is sadly neglected these days. Her voice and interpretation of these great songs are top quality.