5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, worth every penny
As there was no reviews for this bag, i was slightly nervous when choosing to purchase it. I can hand on heart say it is perfect. Great build quality, very comfortable when fully packed and the compartment on the top is big enough to store a good sized packed lunch in too!

Love it, and it has since encouraged me to get out snapping even more :-)
Published on 28 Mar. 2012 by K.B

2.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed
Published on 1 Aug. 2012 by MontyT

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, worth every penny, 28 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Mantona Rhodolit Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories - Black (Accessory)

Love it, and it has since encouraged me to get out snapping even more :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 12 Nov. 2012
Excellent product. The package arrived three days early. The DHL tracking provided was way off tho'. I received it in Ireland when DHL was telling me the bag was still in Germany! Fitted one camera, an 18/55mm lense, a zoom lense 70/300 and a 50mm prime lense. I also put 5 filters inside and there is more room left. Definitely enough for at least one more lense and an external flash maybe. The tripod holder is very secure also. All black, very good looking design and feels light on the shoulders. Extremely happy with the purchase. Highly recommend it. Update in March 2013, I know have a 70/200mm L len with it and a speedlite flash, There's room for one more lens(ACtually two cause my spare telezoom will go soon), and plenty of space in the top pocket, just a great bag and comfortable to walk around, trekking is not a problem, I did a 5h walk and couldn't really feel it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Holds everything, 11 April 2012
A very comfortable backpack to wear - it has got very nice breathable padding for the back and padded shoulder straps. Ideal if you are going on long treks. It also comes with its own waterproof cover which is a good idea. However, if you put the waterproof cover on you are no longer able to access an of the compartments (doesn't really bother me since I rarely go out in the rain for long periods of time). It's just nice to know that you have something in case you are caught out in the rain.

The bag feels very well made (found out it was German designed and made)! The access compartments have been thought about carefully and works really well. There is plenty of storage for you camera, lens, flashes etc. and the flexibility with adjusting the partitions within the bag is very easy. It also feels well padded and items fit snugly in place so I know my gear is safe.

There is a compartment in the top of the bag for storing whatever you choose, may it be food, drink, memory cards etc. It's a reasonable size but could only fit a 500ml water bottle and sandwiches (which I suppose is enough). The is only one of a few bags that can hold a tripod. I was looking at Lowepro and the cheapest bag which held a tripod was too expensive and the overall design of it didn't look too good. The tripod feels secure on the Mantona when it is strapped onto the back of the bag.

I used to love Lowepro (and I still do) but I prefer this bag to any Lowepro that I've had - it looks so much better, is comfortable, easy to use and differnt! A very happy Photographer :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed, 1 Aug. 2012
I recently purchased the Mantona Rhodolit Backpack based on reviews made which I now think may have been written by the manufacturer as not that impressed. As much as the capacity of the bag is good the top pocket is not sealed so any smaller items can fall through to the main area below. The side zips are single way only which means they can open up easily in transit and these smaller items can fall out. I found this out when I lost the remote for my wireless shutter release. Will keep the bag as been away with it for a few weeks so not able to return now. A bit more thought would have made this an exceptional bit of kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to review, 15 May 2012
Hey,

This is my first product review, so apologies if I'm not following some kind of code or guidelines, although I expect if there were guidelines, the first would be not to ramble on..

I've found this product really difficult to review. I spent a lot of time looking for a camera backpack, which would hold the right amount of stuff but not be too large and bulky. It also needed to have a tripod carrying facility and waterproof cover. This is the one I decided on as it seemed to tick all the boxes. It was delivered quickly and initially I was delighted. I have to say the bag is excellent. the side entrance pockets to get quick access to the camera whilst wearing the bag in great. It's extremely comfortable and the top compartment is fantastic for putting your non-camera equipment. It's practical, with pockets for memory cars, batteries etc etc. The Tripod holder works well and the cover acts as both rain and sun deflector I believe... However... Upon its very first trip into the field (which was a long weekend around Exmoor) both zips on the side entrance pockets broke. I only took my 550D Canon and a couple of lenses (70-300 and the old 18-55) and some other bits, so it wasn't heavily loaded.. I wasn't even carrying the tripod on it. But after only a few times of getting the camera out, the zip split and the only way to get it to join was to extremely gently nurse it back together.. no terribly practical. Being a common sense type of chap, I quite quickly reversed all the padding inside so I could use the side entrance pocket on the other side of the bag. But again, within a few uses, this also broke. Now, whether I was unlucky and got a bad one in the bunch, I don't know. I wanted to return it for a direct exchange, however as it's not sold direct by Amazon, I wasn't allowed to do this. I've got a full refund and as always, Amazon are just fantastic with their service. I will be buying another one exactly the same though (presently waiting for it to hopefully come back to the price it was when I bought mine a few weeks back, gone up by £5) and I do hope the new one works, genuinely as I loved the bag.

Hopefully just a one off and I hope to write another review when I get the new one saying it's the best thing, although whether the zips will hold when I've got the 7D Canon and 70-200 L series lense in there.. who knows!

I guess what I'll say is that I wouldn't stop anyone buying the bag, it looks great, is practical yet a good size, comfortable etc etc, Just hope your zips stay strong!

Cheers

Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy., 11 Mar. 2013
Lots of compartments and easy access sides. The plus with this bag is that you get an extra bit at the top for ordinary stuff, phone, purse, sandwich, which is really handy. I had read the zips are a bit temperamental, but any zip going round a corner needs a little gentler handling, treat it nice and you shouldn't have any problems. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, as good as the big brands!, 13 May 2012
Well I took a chance on this bag, and it paid off! Being slightly off put by not recognising the brand I was unsure of this item, but with two already glowing reviews I decided to go for it. It's build quality is very good and functionality even better, more than enough space for two dslr cameras with lenses and battery grips attached and space for four more lenses, plus accessories. The design is virtually identical to that of the kata 3N1 series, however at a fraction of the price, and the added bonus of an already included tripod holder, which most other designs charge extra for as an optional attachment.

The only problem I have now is that I need more kit to fill this bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 5 Nov. 2012
An excellent product for what it costs. Ideal for amateur landscape photographers with enough space for a DSLR with 2-3 additional lenses (a flash unit could also fit)and the necessary accessories (filters, memory cards, cleaning set, etc.) The built quality (fabric, straps and plastics) is amazing for that price and the included rain cover together with the tripod mounting strap and socket, are definitely a huge plus on the whole deal. The only negative thing that i can point out, is the lack of outside pockets that one could use for a cell phone or even a small bottle of water to take along during these long walks in nature that this bag is meant for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, 5 Sept. 2013
This bag has so many good features, the big handle on the top is so much better than most handles on bags, and is a good addition, as are the 3 access points. The straps and clips and little bits all over it give you so many options for adding things to it for ease of use. It's a compact feeling backpack but with so much more room in than I had in my Slingshot. The only reason I have given it a 4 star rating and not a 5 is that the tripod holder isn't a strong as I hoped, I have quite a heavy tripod which just made the bag too heavy and the adjustable strap for it kept sliding out so I didn't trust it to keep my tripod on the bag. Also although you can make the bag a sling type bag as well with it's adjustable straps I wouldn't use them constantly as the connections appear small for the weight - although they've stood up to the task so far, so I can't actually fault them....

Finally the whole concept of the bag is awesome, someone has really thought about what photographers want in a bag as far as im concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 31 Mar. 2014
This bag is absolutely perfect for my needs. I have managed to comfortably fit in a Nikon D3200 with battery grip and a 55-300mm lens attached, a 70-300mm lens, an 18-55mm lens, a video light, a small shotgun mic and all my GoPro equipment... and still with enough room for a decent sized packed lunch in the top compartment.
The build quality of this bag is excellent; it feels like it is going to last a very long time. I have found no problems with the zips, and they actually feel very strong and sturdy, unlike other reviewers have stated.
I have taken this bag out for long walks and bike rides a few times now, and I can honestly say that it is more comfortable than most hiking bags I have worn in the past!!
The only criticism I have is the lack of a bottle holder on the sides; I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to carry a bottle inside the bag as it may leak and ruin my expensive gear. On that note, the rain cover is also of excellent quality, although I haven't yet required it so I don't know if it actually works.
Overall, this is a great product at an amazing price... I highly recommend it.