on 11 August 2006
I bought this book after someone recommended his work to me. I run a company which means having to deal with many different clients at anyone time, most of which have no concept of how work is created and turned around. Because of this and the fact that we had recently undergone a restructure, the pressure and the number of clients had increased.

This book helps you restructure your day and more importantly your thinking towards clients and other collegues. This book didn't get the work done for me (unfortunately) but it did help me work more productively, give me great ideas on how to deal with clients and other members of staff and helped to not let the little things cause me stress and more often than not, anger!
on 14 January 2001
Unlike most lifestyle works 'Don't Sweat The Small Stuff at Work' can be read in soundbites in spare minutes. Every soundbite is a nugget; even after dipping in for only a few minutes the reader is left feeling that they will change something about their life at work.
From handling deadlines and daring to be happy (challenging many hard work doctrines) to developing our confidence to develop a human way of managing rather than continuing the accepted rat race approach this covers a wide range os issues. I particularly liked the doctrine of spending ten minutes each day doing absolutely nothing - this is now my most productive time.
Developed from his initial 'Don't sweat the small stuff' aimed at home life, Richard Carlson has become a household name to millions who now dare to achieve more but with less stress; both in their personal and work lives. I strongly recommend the series of books if you want to take back control of your life.
on 11 February 2011
When I first bought this book (a few years ago)I read it cover to cover because each tip is so interesting, and so relevant, to anyone who struggles with all the stresses of the workplace. Since then it's resided in the bathroom. Various people dip into it's short chapters and emerge talking about them. It provides you with real, common sense, pragmatic approaches to the many situations we find ourselves in. It has no doubt contributed to my vastly-reduced work stress and a much-improved work/life balance. I've bought it for others too. Buy it today, and take note of the tips, they really work. And it's a really interesting read too!
on 12 July 2009
This is a great book for getting life into perspective and dealing with the everyday annoyances that we all encounter and keeping them in check. Helps you to reduce stress and frustrations. I've recommended this book to all of my friends!
VINE VOICEon 11 July 2012
After becoming overloaded at work, and needing to take a break from it all, I looked into reading more about managing stress management and about preventing it more than anything.

This book popped up after a quick search and it sounded manageable for my then fragile brain.

It's perfect for a short (or long) commute. I managed to read about 2 to 3 chapters in two train stops which is an easily digestible amount for the day - a few ideas to keep in mind and possibly try out. The book is really set up nicely. 100 chapters, taking you through all of these little and large influencers of stress.

From saying no and breathing deeply, to improving relationships; all of these chapters cover various small things which all add up to help reduce stress. Each chapter covers the theory, and then there is an example. The examples actually make this book, they show that real people use these methods to improve their lives.

Highly recommended reading if you're feeling overloaded and stressed. And it only takes a few minutes per day to make the most of it.
on 5 September 2014
Excellent book for advise. Some of it is pretty simple but not something we think of ourselves when we are 'under it.
I read it in one sitting and refer back to it now and again.
It has really helped me avoid some major gaffs and I do think a lot more cleverer in situations at work now.
The workplace is still stressful but I now feel I can prevent myself having that nervous breakdown as I have tips on avoiding it in the first place.
on 17 October 2014
what brilliant service from this seller, an absolute pleasure to deal with would definitely buy from them again, product perfect, listen to the tape in the car on the way to work!!! love Richard Carlson's work, hits the nail right on the head
on 8 November 2015
Old book, with a obvious American slant but I've found this to be very handy for picking up great techniques of surviving work in an office. Many relevant chapters which are short and relevant.
on 2 December 2012
Bought this for my husband as he spends his life worrying about all sorts. He even worries if he has nothing to worry about. This is helping him put things onto context. Thanks.
on 4 April 2013
May be I have read too many similar books as nothing new for me in this book. Disappointed as have read other book by him which had a greater impact. How to be Happy ....