5.0 out of 5 stars A much needed renovation
As a fan of Professor Layton I know I wasn't alone in worrying about where the series could go once I'd completed "Spectre's Call." Though the game was still entertaining to a point, it was obvious that the games' formulaic approach was wearing thin. The series needed a little change in direction and thankfully that is provided in the Professor's first outing on the...
Published 22 months ago by M. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars While I really enjoy the puzzles in this game the conversations and speed ...
While I really enjoy the puzzles in this game the conversations and speed of the story is just frustratingly slow. I've been playing half an hour now and so far have been allowed to solve one puzzle. The rest of the time I am watching the screen while the main characters are discussing things, talking, explaining things, rehashing memories etc etc. You have to keep...
Published 23 days ago by I. Badheka

3.0 out of 5 stars puzzling...this time!, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
i have all the professor layton games. i am an avid puzzler...but this one has got me 'puzzled'. i usually use a normal ds...but i also have a 3ds, so iwas excited to get the latest adventure...but alas...it seems too different for me...the layout on the 3ds, nothing like on my other one. and for some reason i cannot get past the second puzzle! it gives you the options, you choose your answer, touch select...and nothing happens. maybe it's me. but i cannot get on with this game on the 3ds console..so want to play it....love the challenge of the puzzles...but will have to sell it on and admit defeat if i cannot find a solution...very annoyed indeed....

1.0 out of 5 stars What the?, 9 Jan 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
So I skipped home today to open my mail in the hope that Amazon had shipped my copy of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Lo and behold, they had! I eagerly tore apart the brown envelope and removed the cartridge with absolute glee.

Then I found out it wouldn't fit into my Gameboy. Uhm. What the heck?

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusted and disappointed, 4 Nov 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Having bought both the DS and DSi I have two very disappointed teens, who were hoping to acquire the latest Professor Layton. Unfortunately this will not be possible as I refuse to purchase a third style of console. another example of blatant disregard for customers and their children. Given the economic climate it is outrageous that Nintendo have made this decision. I refuse to be coerced into additional expense and I hope that for once Nintendo will break the mould and listen to the concerns of their customers.

1.0 out of 5 stars DS3, 8 Jan 2014
it was also returned with the other DS3 because it was not compatable with my DS .
So i am now the two missing from the whole set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Professor Layton, 4 Feb 2013
This item was returned as it did not run on the machine that my daughter had so I can not give it a review

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off 3d nintendo, 20 Mar 2014
Had to sell this game i am quite annoyed that they only do this game in 3d. Another rip off by this company forcing you do throw away your console to upgrade to a 3d model. I have now stopped buying all games for my Nintendo and bought an ipad instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why?????, 17 Nov 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
So,so disappointed! Having all the other games awaited the new game with great anticipation, hoping to put it on my present list.
Then I find it is 3D!!!!! Why just 3D? What about all the previous loyal customers who cannot or will not but a different console.
Gutted.
Unbelievable Nintendo, how could you? Normal version needed asap.

2.0 out of 5 stars no good nintendo dsi, 5 Dec 2012
I bought this for my daughter in law as a christmas gift and hed to return it as i had not realised it was only suitable for the new nintendo 3DS,and she has only got the DSI XL.She has had all the other layton games so it very disappointing not to be able to have this unless she buys a new nintendo 3DS.I have not rated the game which i am sure is very good,and it also came very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Professor Layton, 21 Nov 2012
S. Williams - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I love the professor layton games, but was bitterly disappointed when I realised this was for 3DS only and had to send it back, it's totally unfair that i'd have to buy a new DS but typical of nintendo to try to make more money!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars miracle mask, 23 Jan 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
why do game companies insist on getting you hooked on a series ie; professor layton mystery,s only to go and change the consuls and not bring out the games on the original format ... we cant all afford to upgrade our game machines... very disappointed

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo 3DS)
9.19