on 20 June 2012
I've only had this thing a week and a half and already one of the fans has startled rattling intermittently. The dials are made of plastic (not metal as it would seem from the picture) and the joints are looser than I would like. It is heavy even without the laptop, and it is impossible to adjust without having to take the computer off. (That in itself wouldn't bother me so much, but you have to take it off, adjust the tray, put the computer back to test; and redo it all repeatedly until you find the perfect spot. This is not the kind of device you can move between, say, using in bed and using in a chair on a regular basis.)

As a bedbound person who struggles to lift things, this is not the best solution. Even my carer struggled with it when she tried to help, so I think able-bodied people will find it difficult to adjust as well. It's more like something you set up and leave alone, which is fine if you only need to use it in one place, but that makes it anything but "portable".

However, the fans do a wonderful job of cooling and (except for the intermittent rattling on mine) give out only a faint hum. My computer was having a lot of issues with overheating, but with this even the summer heat isn't a problem. (I haven't played any games since I started using it, though, so I can't say what's it's like with something taxing the graphics card.) It's wide enough for my 17" HP Pavilion with a couple of inches to spare either side, and the USB cable is plenty long enough to reach a front-side port in my current configuration (which is very similar to the one pictured). The "rim" at the front is large enough to stop the computer from sliding, though if you have a laptop with a button on the front to open the lid (like mine), you will have trouble closing it while the computer is on the tray since the weight of the laptop pushes the button into the rim and keeps the catches in the 'open' position. This is a really minor inconvenience, though.

I would have given this product four stars, but £50 is a lot to pay for something that creaks and wobbles when you move it. I would expect something at this price to feel much sturdier.
on 6 September 2012
I got this desk because of all the positive reviews and i thought that it would be higher quality than others considering the price. I was wrong.
After a 9 months the fan stopped working and a week later a leg broke. I contacted ingameszone and they told me the the item has past its warranty 90 days, and when I asked them where or when did they specify a 3 month warranty they linked this page http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3149431&qid=1268229638&sr=2-1

They then told me I had 2 choices either buy a new one or get it fixed. Save your money and get a cheaper model.

On to the actual product itself, it was useful when it worked but, its quite a nuisance to keep unfolding and folding when you want to use this as you have to memorise/label the angles, unless your going to keep it in one layout forever.
on 28 December 2011
Although very well, made the folding table, which was intended for a laptop PC, was unstable when used sitting on a settee with the laptop on it. It kept tipping forward. Unfortunately this was the reason for it's purchase, so I can only say that I found it unsuitable for this use. I am sure that it would prove more suitable for the other uses it recommends,such as sitting up in bed .
11 comment16 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 September 2012
I purchased this on the 20th June this year and am writing this on the 24th September. The stand is very useful and seems very secure, but this morning one the legs suddenly broke off, for no apparent reason. I would say I have used it in a completely normal and careful manner for the last three months. Massively disappointed then that it breaks so easily and looks quite difficult to fix, given this is quite an expensive purchase. I would not recommend this item.
on 29 May 2011
This is just fantastic, I've not even had it a week and already I've found a use for four of the many positions you are able to use this in and that's just while using my laptop in bed. It does take a bit of playing with to work out comfortable positions that suit your needs, but there is a clear guide on the box if unlike me you keep hold of it. I'm writing this while lying down in bed as hutching over the laptop while in bed had been giving me back problems up until now. The frame is made of a very solid and sturdy metal that is very easy to move and lock in position. It is a great touch to put a fan under the base that runs off USB helping to keep your laptop cool. I hope this helps if you are unsure if to buy or not!
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2011
This laptop stand is excellent. It easily holds the weight of a large laptop, mine is a HP-DV8 very large and heavy but this stand handles it perfectly. The laptop is used for long hours and tends to overheat but the built in fan in the stand does an excellent job of cooling it down. It is also ultra quite, much quiter than the fan in the laptop which doesn't come on half as much due to the stand fan successfully keeping the laptop cool. The number of different stand positions is amazing. Although i generally use the same position, the ability to change positions in an instant with the easy to use mechanisms is a really good feature. The build quality is excellent and so far it seems very robust and stable. All in all it is definately worth every penny, having had the stand for a few weeks now I would even pay more for it !! I honestly don't know how I could cope without this stand as my leg is currently in cast and I need to sit in bed to work. I thoroughly did my research when looking for stands and I recommend you look no further than this, it's the best around.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2012
I bought this table because the reviews were generally good.Bad mistake.
After a few months one of the legs broke off at the top joint. I repaired it as best I could.A few months later the other leg broke off at the same joint.Considering this is a reasonably expensive table I would have thought it would have been a bit more robust.
I contacted the seller, only to be told that it only comes with a 3 month warranty (this isn't mentioned anywhere before you buy it).They also said I should just take it to a shop for repair, or buy a new one. I thought the Sale of Goods Act took precedence over the manufacturers warranty but they seem to have forgotten that.
on 23 August 2011
A very good design. It's so much more versatile than other laptop trays I've looked at. There are many ways in which this can be set up so that it can be used in bed, at a desk and on a sofa with the table at any angle you like to make keyboard use comfortable. Really well thought out. Very light and well finished with two USB connected cooling fans which run silently to stop any laptop overheating problems. It folds flat very quickly for storage. It took me a while to decide which product to buy for sitting in bed with the laptop and I think I've made an excellent choice. Delivery was lightning fast too, less than 48hrs from ordering on Sunday to delivery on Tuesday. It comes well packaged and ready to use.
on 17 January 2012
I'm impressed. I'm lying under the table to type this. It's sturdy, strong, fairly easy to setup (although it takes a small amount of thought remembering to set the same degrees for each 'joint' for each leg - maybe that's just me?). I had it set up and using it very quicky. The fan is a nice addition, it's effectively a light breeze and fairly quiet too. But it has a power switch so you can switch it on and off without having to fiddle with the USB that powers it. Honestly I'll hardly ever use that aspect of the table. The only downside to the table is a lack of grippy legs on shiny surfaces but this is something I've managed to work around relatively easily. All-in-all, no regrets getting this.
on 7 February 2012
Ordered Sunday, arrived Tue a.m. - very speedy. My one includes cable for fans, which work fine. It has taken me about half an hour to work out the angles for the legs to use on the sofa, needed to adjust for slope of sofa seat cushions. I'm an average size, and the front bar touches my abdomen, so if you have a big tummy and need to push it back, it may not balance on the edge of the sofa. However, it's fantastic to be relieved from the weight on my legs and the tilted keyboard makes a good wrist rest. I can now move my legs about, sit cross-legged etc. The box picutre shows lots of positions; but it would be better to have this information on a leaflet to keep.

I've taken to reading e-books on my lap-top, and this support makes it much more comfortable.