I was a little apprehensive about buying this because rice paper (also called sumi paper) comes in a few different varieties, and the description on the Amazon website is very poor, so I was taking a bit of a punt. The two main things to think about when buying rice paper are weight and absorbency.

Just to explain, the last sumi paper I bought turned out be quite thick; it if you imagine photocopy paper is 80 grams per sq metre, the sumi paper I bought was about 120 grams per sq metre. Also it was highly absorbent - just below blotting paper. Absorbency is often referred to as "sizing" - absorbent papers are said to be "unsized", and less absorbent papers are "sized" or "semi-sized" - think of it a bit like "sealed" and "unsealed" with anti-absorption coating. For comparison, photocopy paper is sealed with an anti-absorption coating. Heavy, absorbent (unsized) sumi paper has its uses, but it requires a lot more skill than I have, so I started looking for something else.

So, this sumi paper...

Weight - probably about 10-20 grams per square metre - i.e, less than a quarter of the thickness of photocopy paper. It's what people often think of when they think of thin rice paper.

Absorbency - there's two sides. One is smooth, the other has a texture. The textured side is more absorbent and it is the side you should use in order to get the best artistry and texture out of confident, skilled brush strokes. The textured side is what I'd call "semi-sized" - not as absorbent as blotting paper type rice paper, just the right absorbency for good brush strokes. The smooth side produces entirely different results as it is much less absorbent. It is very interesting to work with and would be appropriate for more intricate work, or for less confident brush strokes. You might also like to bear in mind that because of the difference in absorbency you'll probably be using half as much ink if you work on the smooth side.
on 10 June 2012
I found this a good absorbant paper for ink. I used it for drawing and liquid ink. You have to be careful about the amount of ink you use, so you don't saturate it too much.
on 8 December 2011
Very pleased with the quality of this rice paper and great for practice. Good value for money. I do have the rolled rice paper as well which is nice to use but obviously you have to cut it and weight it down to use.
on 28 May 2013
Very nice paper. It soaks ink like a sponge though so be careful on what you use with it but overall I like doing some origami with it and writing with pencil or ball pen.
on 17 July 2014
wonderful for printing on and collage.
on 6 August 2013
What can one say about rice paper. Value for money art material, nice to use, arrived well packaged and flat.
Would recommend to artists taking up this medium.
on 24 March 2015
Lovely paper, great to use for Chinese brush work. Very good value for money.
on 10 May 2011
This supplier not only supplied my rice paper very quickly, but also sent me a poem that I enjoyed. I have now ordered another item direct frm their own website. Thanks, Zen.
on 7 July 2015
An excellent paper for gelli plate printing and collage. The paper is very lightweight but strong and takes a beautiful print. There is a smooth side and a slightly textured side, which gives interesting results. Very good value for money.
on 14 January 2016
I've never used rice paper before, so I am not an expert on whether this is good or bad - but I like it,. It holds ink or paint well and doesn't disintegrate as I was afraid it might do.