on 12 September 2011
For quite a while I have been using M&S Classic briefs. The Classics are larger and therefore more comfy than these annoying hipster styles that feel to me that are sliding off all the time.

Over the last 12 months though M&S have introduced a serious quality issue in that the elastic will stretch and become totally useless after just a few months using the recommended wash temperature and program. Reviews over there seem to indicate this is due to the removal of latex from the elastic.

I have been searching online for ages for a suitable replacement as none of the other main stores stock anything large enough to cover you comfortably.

Having just received these recently and tried them for fit they easily match the M&S Classic briefs and the elastic seems wider and hopefully will last considerably longer and therefore will 'stay up'. They also have the benefit of being available in various blues instead of the M&S white only option.
on 10 November 2011
Partner has always worn M&S in this style for years but recently found the elastic was not as good after washing and wear.Probably due to being made abroad. Ordered these after reading a review saying same thing. Partner pleased with comfort and fit.He is considering ordering more. Good value for the price.
on 31 December 2011
These were bought as a present for my father and looked just what he wanted. He is 92 and obviously doesn't want tiny briefs so these were ideal.
on 4 January 2012
These are a bit conservative in style but if you are looking for high-quality pure cotton these are difficult to beat. When you take them out of the package you notice immediately the softness of the cotton. They are very well made and really comfortable to wear. They fit very nicely and are a pleasure to wear.
on 8 November 2012
These y-front brief's are fine for about one hour of wearing, then the elastic in the legs becomes very saggy, which makes them completely useless. The elastic in the waist is slightly better but still not very good.
on 3 October 2014
I bought these on a whim on the strength of all the positive reviews on Amazon but I should have read the more critical ones more closely.

They were moderately big, but perhaps that has to do with me losing so much weight by doing Pilates, but after using them for less than a day they felt even bigger. There is no elasticity to them and totally unyielding. Even after washing them.

The second time I wore the same pair they felt even bigger. They are terrible quality and starting bobbling almost immediately. I definitely would not buy them again.
on 18 June 2012
The briefs are overgenerously cut and are baggy. If the waist had not been the correct size I would have said they were at least 2 sizes larger than ordered. On the first hand wash dye came out and when dry they were even larger. Going in the bin.
on 8 January 2012
Very happy with the service I received . I have difficulty getting Y-front briefs so was very happy to find them on Amazon, the quality is very good as well.
on 16 March 2016
It is just ok, I wouldn't buy them again....them are slightly loose but the worst bit is that somehow the style is defo very old fashioned. I suppose I'd buy this for guys of an older generation. I thought they would comprise "somehow" the classic look with some modern "twist" maybe a "better" material but not....they look dated and slightly worn off.
on 28 April 2016
These were a gift for my Dad for Christmas, he says they are comfortable and he likes them, also the colours, as he needs big size underwear normally are white and boring so these were a change for him. I'm planning to get some more maybe for next Christmas again.