5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it better than the Chronicles

Published on 7 Jun 1996

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it better than the Chronicles, 16 Jun 1998
By A Customer
I am not a Dragonlance fan. I've never enjoyed reading enough, but I did read the Chronicles and the twins trilogy. The Chronicles trilogy was great. The struggle and character interaction was great, but I really felt there wasn't enough development on my two favorite characters (Tas and Raist) until the third book. I have never been one for a character development, but because of the nature of the characters I just had to know more about them.
The Time of the Twins give you the first real glimpse at Raistlin's destiny, soul and power. It gives Caramon something to do other than bash heads and act as his brother's lap dog. It gives us more time to enjoy Tas's antics (I LOVE the whoosh thing). Perhaps most importantly it gives you the chance to see just how manipulative and deceitful Raistlin can be. He truly roped Crysania in.
In short, the book is absolutely marvelous for those who enjoy the kender-kind and dark mages with good hearted twin brothers. Of course, if you don't like any of those, don't even pick it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars RAISTLIN IS THE BEST EVER, 9 Mar 2000
By A Customer
The legends trilogy is next in the Dragonlance series of books. This time the focus is on Raistlin,Caramon,Tas,and a new character Chrysania,plus a cameo by Tanis,Riverwind and Tika. The story is of Raistlin's Quest to be a GOD, and Caramon and Tas try to stop him. In the begining Caramon is a pitifull sight and his depression and drinking are so bad that even Tas the fun-loving kender is sick of him. Thru the story you learn more about Rasitlin and Caramon and why Caramon can't seem to live his life without Raistlin. All in all a well written book and even some time-traveling (my personnal favorite) I highly recommend this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Raistlin lovers, 1 Aug 1997
By A Customer
If you loved Raistlin in the Chronicles and wanted more of him (like I did), here's the book for you. 'Time of the Twins' lets the reader in on a little plot crafted by the Mage of mages himself, and knowing the power hungry Raistlin, you can be assured it's cool. The only thing I didn't like about this novel was the drunken Caramon. Weis and Hickman either don't know how to effectively write about a drunk, or they feel they should hold back because of younger audiences. Regardless, it's a must read. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best trilogy of the series, 30 Jun 2004
Raistlin, the evil mage is the master creation, W & H obviously knew this, they've written a whole trilogy about him.
Alot of the dragonlance series storylines and history of krynn are stolen from tolkien, and to me, to coin a Stephen King phrase - Wiess and Hickman are the Big Mac n' Fries of fantasy writers.
I first read the dragonlance series when i was 14. I am now 31 and decided to read the twins trilogy again, as I had remembered prefering them to the first trilogy. The first time round I was enthralled and couldn't put the books down. Now, it is more lesuirely reading but still great fun. I don't know about anyone else, but personally, anything W & H wrote after the first six books were poor in comparison, e.g the heroes trilogy was absolute Trash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 6 Nov 2005
Mr. David James "davepbgrg2" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
Raistlin is back in a trilogy where he is the main protagonist. If you found yourself facinated by him in the dragonlance chronicles book then prepared to be drawn into this series. I love his character, he's like an onion, peel one layer off and theres another beneath him. I highly reccomend this book to anyone who loves fantasy, it is not essentail to have read the chronicles trilogy first but it is reccomended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather Dissapointing, 7 Jun 1996
By A Customer
I thought Time of the Twins was a big dissapointment after reading the Chronicles trilogy. Weis & Hickman totally changed their style of writing (for the worse I'd say). It was very depressing and lacked the action, adventure, and magic of the first trilogy. I do think it is necessary as a loyal DragonLance fan to read it, though. The Legends trilogy does get better, but it takes a while (a real long while)!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dreamers of the world unite!, 18 July 2000
By A Customer
This book can be viewed in many different ways - the first and most preferable method is to ignore all the bad grammar, contradicting situations and so forth that have previously been whinged about - and just lose yourself in the technicolour of your stimulated imagination. The second methond is to completely miss the point of the DL series and look at it critically and start complaining about elven beards! The whole series is devoted to escapism, and it is like never-never land in that respect and looking at it with too much proper-literature shoved up your bum won't do any favours to your enjoyment. In my opinion this is a beautiful book, and when all facts are taken into consideration, wouldn't *you* cry a bit if you'd been through what Caramon went through?

4.0 out of 5 stars Finest trash fiction novel i've ever read, 18 Feb 1998
By A Customer
What can I say? I'm an obsessive reader and can only check out so many books at once. After reading a 1,000 page epic by Kim Stanley Robinson or Tom Clancy, it's always seemed like a good idea to read a good trash fiction novel. And as far as trash fiction & juvenile literature produced for the masses, this is some of the best I've ever read. As a matter of fact, I thought it was better than Chronicles because there was much more consideration for thought, like the actual reason that all of these momentus events were taking place. I think I'll just have to go out and read the sequel. Very nice indeed

5.0 out of 5 stars Wiess and Hickman do it again!, 28 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I have been reading fantasy for years, and reading is my favorite pastime. Needless to say, I've read a ton of books; but I've never read a book like this one.The character development is excellent! A lot of books have "cardboard" characters, but this book had well developed characters that I could actually relate to. The plot is also great; Raistlin kept me guessing throughout the trilogy. In this book you really get to see what kind of a person Raistlin is. It has a very powerful message as well. I liked the Legends trilogy even better than the Chronicals

4.0 out of 5 stars This novel is a must read!, 25 April 1999
By A Customer
Raistlin "destroys" Caramon through his mind so that he may be free of him and then turns his attention towards an impossible goal- to take Takhisis's place as the supreme evil. Crysania, a cleric, believes that Paladine has called her to stop Raistlin and his insane quest. Raistlin kills her but the mages send her back in time to an age where clerics and/or magees were powerful enough to bring her back to life- pre catyclysm. there, Caramon, Tasselhof Burfoot, and Crysania do all that they can to stop Raistlin in his crazy quest.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›