5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPad accessory
I wasn't expecting too much from such a cheap keyboard, but I've been very pleasantly surprised. It's easy to set up, works perfectly as an iPad keyboard and even has keys for controlling brightness, volume, and so on. If you're a touch typist who finds the onscreen keyboard frustrating, this is for you.

I took my iPad and this keyboard on a recent work trip...
Published on 13 Oct. 2011 by John Falla

3.0 out of 5 stars A cheap knock-off, but quite a good one!
Published on 13 Sept. 2011 by Jake

3.0 out of 5 stars A cheap knock-off, but quite a good one!, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Ultra thin Slim Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Keyboard Keypad for iPad 16GB 32GB WiFi, iPhone 4 4G 3G 3Gs Sony PS3 Smart Phones PC & Mac Laptop Desktop Netbook HTC Nokia Sony Ericsson Motorola Samsung LG Blackberry Mobile Phones (Electronics)
Ok, so this is a cheap knock-off of an apple keyboard. From the pictures, it may look pretty swish, but in fact it's nothing like the real thing. It's made of cheap plastic (no aluminium as it may seem) and everything is a bit creaky and badly put-together. The power switch is just a simple flick on-off on the back, the battery cover(2xAAA, by the way) is thin plastic and may snap off eventually, while the 'connect' button is (for no reason I can see) depressed so that it needs to be pushed with a pencil or paperclip, which is not very helpful.

However, none of that really matters, because the main thing is that this does the job. It connects easily enough via bluetooth, works brilliantly with my iPad2 (which does not need to be jailbroken, contrary to other reviews) and is really nice and responsive when typing. There's no difference I can see in response speed between typing on this and typing on my MacBook pro, and it's nicely laid out and comfortable to use, with decent keys.

The keyboard also has a couple of nice features for ipad use such as a 'home' button at the top left, which does the job of the home button on an ipad or iphone, and a 'lock' button at the top right, which locks the screen. Other than that... what can I say? It's cheap, it does the job, and it does it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPad accessory, 13 Oct. 2011

I took my iPad and this keyboard on a recent work trip instead of a laptop - and the laptop is going to be left behind from now on

(contrary to a couple of other reviews, your iPad doesn't need to be jailbroken and I've had no problem at all with the bluetooth connection)

1.0 out of 5 stars Recent Customer Purchase, 27 Aug. 2013
This wireless keyboard product worked fine for a few weeks, then connection between it and the PC became sporadic, then the keyboard became unresponsive via bluetooth completely.

Definitely throwing this out of my shopping basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars BLUETOOTH WIRELESS KEYBOARD...Rubbish!, 1 Jun. 2013
S. Howard - See all my reviews
I bought this itm to replace my last cheap wireless keyboard ike this, that lasted me 12 months...this one wont even make it t 12 months as it DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY...so I work out that by now I could have bought the real thng!! This keyboard looks nd feels nice and connects easily, I was using it in seconds...however every time I start typing it does not connect for the first 2 or 3 letters...and then after a pause of a few seconds it does the same. This means that it sometimes take 2 or 3 times to get the CAPS lock to come on at the start of a sentence...and I have to go back and check EVERYTHING I write and go back to fill in all the missing letters...even words!!! I can just think that it keeps disconnecting. Nothing I type is correct, and it mpossible to do live chats with it. I tried to contact the seller but the "contact the seller" option just sent Amazon the email, who replied telling me that I should contact the seller...so I am stuck now. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME...the money you spend buying one of these every 12 months could get you the real thing in 2 years...WASTE OF TIME!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I've given up with it!, 5 Nov. 2013
I bought this to use with my macbook pro as I was drawn in by its bluetooth capability.
Firstly, it is completely plastic and not very nice to type with.
Secondly, it continuously disconnects forcing me to switch bluetooth on and off to search for it.
Finally, the shift button is completely unresponsive meaning that I have to use caps lock and the final straw was the fact that the space bar simply stopped working. They are pretty essential keys to have to be honest!
So on that note, it's now in the bin as it's basically unusable.
Sort it out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little keyboard, 27 May 2013
I have spent many years earning a living using a large computer keyboard thus could never get used to the virtual keyboard on my Galaxy S2 Smartphone, I found myself correcting errors frequently, very frustrating and I wanted to carry with me in my travels a mini keyboard that I could put on my cabin case. Though this product is developed for the iPads and iPods, it connected well via Bluetooth with my Galaxy and was instantly recognised, I never looked back. The keys are small but positive and a world away from the microscopic virtual keyboard. There are two or three function keys that work only with the Apple products but this should not deter anyone with another non-Apple smartphone with Bluetooth. I was so impressed with this keyboard that I looked for a Bluetooth mouse to manage the screens in my Galaxy, and I now have a pocket computing solution at little cost. I am sure both keyboard and mouse can also be used with Bluetooth-enabled tablets and pads. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. Speedlink Snappy Wireless Mouse - Black (Bluetooth)[[ASIN:B004J4B0MA Ultra thin Slim Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Keyboard Keypad for iPad 16GB 32GB WiFi, iPhone 4 4G 3G 3Gs Sony PS3 Smart Phones PC & Mac Laptop

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product and customer service to match!, 25 Oct. 2014
The product is half in German half in English!
Then problem 2 is that it's not a qwerty keyboard it's spelt QWERTZ.... SENT PHOTO AND REPORT explaining in full to Excites only for them to email back saying " please tell us the problem "

What sort of customer services is that? Replied to it now got no response.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk steer clear, 14 Feb. 2014
Kevin Anderson (England) - See all my reviews
Cheap but not cheerful keyboard. Yup it connects via BT fine and would work fine too. If the keys were not made of used
sweetie wrappers lol

The quality is horrid and the keys just fell off as I typed LOL

If you really want a BT keyboard, look elsewhere :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not pair to PS3, 7 May 2014
I don't know if it was a flaw in the one I got or if the bluetooth is picky on the Ps3 but it just would not pair at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, 1 Oct. 2013
I guess I was one of the unlucky ones, if you look through the reviews you can find a few others.

The Keyboard is recognised by my devices, but when asked to pair and input the codes provided nothing happens. Pretty frustrating. Will be returning it.