on 21 May 2011
I came across the Wrapooh liner whilst searching for a cheaper source for refills and decided to give it a try, as Angelcare cassettes were now costing 45 pound!

First thing to mention is that you are not getting refill cassettes here, you simply get a roll of plastic liner which you have to cut and fill your old Angelcare cassettes with. So you MUST keep at least one empty Angelcare cassette otherwise you'll be in trouble. The more empty cassettes you keep, the better, as you can have a couple of refills on standby to save having to refill an empty one when you run out.

The refill process goes like this. First you have to carefully snap off the plastic retainer on the cassette. Then cut the amount of Wrapooh you need (3 metres is best) and follow the instructions to pack it into the cassette. Once done, you then have to snap the retainer back on to hold the liner in place, then feed a bit over the edge and you're done.

The whole process takes about 3-4 minutes once you get the hang of it. Claims of 30 seconds on the Wrapooh instructions are nonsense as you have to measure out the right amount of liner first, then cut, then pack it in slowly, before fiddling with the plastic retainer to get it to snap on.

Key points:
- It definitely saves money but it's questionable whether you get the equivalent of 10 Angelcare cassettes. It's difficult to measure this exactly though.
- The liner is thicker than the Angelcare liner, which seems like a good point but it actually means you can't feed as much into the cassette so you have to refill more often, and therefore change the cassette more often than if you were using an Angelcare liner. The comfortable maximum length I've found is 3 metres - any more and you will struggle to get the liner in and snap the retainer back on.
- The plastic retainer on the cassette is difficult to snap off the first time, and it doesn't retain it's grip very well when snapped back on, which can lead to the liner popping out and going everywhere. To stop it from popping off, I suggest that you store the cassette retainer side down once loaded. Once it's in the Angelcare bin, the lid stops it from popping off.
- The loading process is faffy at first but you quickly get the hang of it and it only takes about 3-4 minutes maximum

Overall I'd say this is a good product. I definitely don't believe it will last as long as 10 Angelcare cassettes, but I can't measure this for sure, and you will still doubtless save a lot of money in the long run. If you want to save money and can put up with a few minutes lost here and there, give it a try.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 21 April 2011
This is a great product - does exactly as it says. You can't really go too far wrong with this it takes about 40 seconds to fill it up an old cassette and there is ALOT of refill. If you can change a lightbulb or Hoover bag then this shouldn't be a problem!
on 22 April 2012
The simple fact here is that they do not contain the smell of the nappies. My angelcare unit never smelled before, I have been using 2 nappy bags for each nappy BEFORE putting it in the nappy bin and the smell still escapes. After one of my little boys cousins entered his room and said 'it smells in here' I thought, thats it! I'd changed the bin that day but the smell lingers in the bin.

I have detolled my angelcare bin a few times and it still smells....I am going back to the genuine cassettes and just hoping the stink in the bin goes as I dont want my little boys room to smell!!

It can be a job getting the wrapooh liner in the cassettes but you get the hang of it. You cant get as much in as the genuine cassettes so you are changing the cassettes more often. If you are prepared for a smell and need to empty the bin every 1-3 days, depending on usage, then use these and save a bit of money.

I'm thinking after using double the nappy bags, bin liners to put the nappies outside waiting for the bin men and loads of dettol then in the long run I'm probably not saving much!

Its a shame, after reading the reviews I thought I'd give this a chance but kind of wish I hadnt now :-(
on 2 December 2015
Product Details:
Owing to the extortionate prices of the original bin cassettes and liners from Angelcare, I decided to give this a try. It comes with a cassette along with a pretty big supply of bin liners on a roller, which on paper is significantly cheaper than the Angelcare product.

Cassette Refilling:
Refilling the cassette is a bit cumbersome and requires some patience but I had no issues at all in doing so. One simply needs to follow the instructions provided.

Inability to keep Foul Smells Away:
As soon as we started using these, we noticed the product struggled to keep the foul smells at bay. I did refill the cassette several times afterwards (and a couple of times doubling the liners) in the hope that I was doing something wrong, but to my utter disappointment it was just not designed to contain the bad smell.

Conclusion:
In summary, this product is a complete waste of time and money as it does not serve its purpose at all. If you are simply looking for a bin liner, and you can cope with the foul smells that come from nappies then this product is for you. Else if you are looking for a product that can keep foul smells at bay then you are probably better off going for the Angelcare ones.

We have since reverted to the original cassettes from Angelcare and the foul smell has now gone - seems the Angelcare product is pricier for a darn good reason.
on 2 October 2011
This is not 10 cassettes as you may think at the first look. It's just a wrap of vely long bag. You have to cut yourself "about 4 meters" of it and somehow insert into a first cassette. Is it convenient? Not too much. Is it cheap - yes. So, it's up to you. I won't buy it again, original one is less complicated.
on 2 March 2011
I cannot praise this product enough!! Its an easy and high quality way to replace the wrapping in your nappy cassettes but so much cheaper! I was apprehensive to try it but after reading a couple of reviews and getting fed up of replacing cassettes i have it a shot - and was not disappointed! This plastic tubing fits easily into your old cassettes and is in fact even better quality than the orriginal lining was. The roll is huge and i can see it is going to last me ages, whereas the first 4 cassettes i used with the bin only lasted me 8 weeks. Highly recommended!!
on 24 May 2011
The picture of this item is incredibly misleading, this is just a roll of plastic liner - there is no cassette. You have to save one (they recommend two) of the genuine cassettes, force it open (which isn't easy) and manually force (and I do mean force) the film in yourself, centimetre by centimetre.

Pros:
1) Less cartidges being made, so as long as this liner is environmentally friendlier (I've no idea if it is) you're helping the planet.
2) Despite this being just a roll of plastic film, it will be cheaper than buying individual cartridges.

Cons:
1) The liner is thicker than the genuine cartridges so your nappy bin can't seal itself so well. This means you get to smell it, 247.
2) Opening the cartridge and filling it is a lesson in frustration. Even though this lasts a claimed "10x" you can only put a few days of liner in at a time so you're filling it far more than you would change the normal cartridges - not very nice if there's a baby crying and a full nappy waiting to go in it.

If you want to save some money and don't mind filling the cartidges you may like this. But I wish I'd read the negative reviews, not just the positive ones at the top before I bought this.

To put it into perspective, we've gone back to the genuine cartidges.
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2011
i ordered this after reading the reviews left and getting sick of having to re-buy cassettes on such a frequent basis at £12 a pop, so for a couple of quid more i thought i would give it a go. it wasn't what i thought it was going to be but had read that it doesn't come in cassette format so keep hold of an old one to reuse. i found the insertion of the wrapooh fiddly and i'm not sure that i have done it right but it works for me. the plastic is a lot better then the angelcare plastic and is clear not blue. the roll is huge and have no idea how long it will last, ive only just started to use it and so far no complaints. it does come with instructions on how to set it up and the postage was quick, well worth it!

update - this role is still going and its now 7months down the line and with another baby! like i said originally it is fiddly but cheaper and lasts sooooo much longer then the cassettes, so if you want to save money and don't mind filling the cassette yourself then go for it.
on 4 August 2013
I was hopeful that this product would save us money and reduce my guilt about creating so much plastic waste.
However it has been a complete waste of money as we are now going back to the genuine cartridges after a couple of weeks trying it out. The main problem is that now the nappy bin smells really bad. The smell seems to have clung to the bin itself which I have washed and am airing outside in the hope that the smell will go, otherwise we will need to buy a new bin too :(
It is also very fiddly to dismantle a blue cartridge (I went through 3 before I mastered it) and I can only get a little bit of wrap into each one so have been changing it every few days (also driven by the nasty smells).

Overall I am very disappointed and would not recommend. I now have a roll of plastic film lying around and I don't know what to do with it other than throw away - such a waste of money AND plastic!
on 18 June 2011
It's the second time I buy this product and here are my pros and cons.
Pros I've saved approx. £40 using this product compared to 5 months supply of Angelcare refills. I was using 2 a month. There is less plastic thrown away as you use the same refill and just change the plastic inside. I bought another one just to be safe as there's still plastic left. It should last as advertised.
Cons The first time you try to open the refill an replace the plastic in it makes you want to return the product and never mention it again. It took me a couple of tries (read whole day) to get the hang of it and I consider myself a fast learner. But now I must say it only takes me a couple of minutes to do it.
Hope that helps.