Format: DVD|Change

on 12 November 2011
Went to Jack Whitehall-'Let us not speek of this again' in Nov 11 at Hammersmith. I did not have high hopes as i assumed he was more panel show than stand up but i am happy to say i was completely wrong. Jack is a immature manchild moving into manhood so he gets material from the best of both worlds. His material is better than any of Michael McIntyre or Jimmy Carr's shows yet Jack improvised spectacuarly making gut wrenchingly funny references back to certain characters in the audience. Yet above this he just has a presence and a way of saying things that can make anything funny. I have watched a lot of comedy shows/dvds and by a country mile this was the best one, it is a year early but it is a definate pre order! I hope you found this helpful :)
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2013
I bought this DVD, without having any experience at all of Jack's live shows. I had seen him in Fresh Meat, which I loved and Bad Education, which I hated, so I decided to take a chance with this DVD. I thought that the first part, with his dad, was a bit boring and it seemed to go on and on, without any obvious purpose or relevance to the actual show. I nearly turned it off there and then, but I decided to stick with it. However, once that ended and Jack came on stage, I was hooked and I couldn't stop laughing for the whole of the show. He has a very manic and fast-talking style and he reminded me of a combination of Michael McIntyre's manic energy and Rhod Gilbert's ranting and shouting, though his material was much more diverse than that. I thought it was the best stand-up DVD that I have seen for a long time and, if you loved him in either of the two TV shows I have mentioned above, then you will certainly enjoy this. I am now awaiting his next live DVD with much excitement and anticipation. Four stars from me, for this superb and hilarious DVD. I would have given it the full five, but I have deducted a star for the rather dull monologue from his father. I still recommend it, though and it is well worth buying. Great stuff.
on 10 May 2013
It's pretty damn funny. I'd seen some of the content already, but I guess that's just because I'm a follower of Jack Whitehall and watch a lot of shows he's involved with. I personally think he's funnier on chat/game shows and dramas however, I still love this DVD and recommend it to others. Great buy!
on 29 January 2014
DVD arrived in good time in excellent condition. Never seen a DVD with Jack Whitehall in standup and was not disappointed, love the introduction by his Dad who is a comedy legend and should have had a career in stand up.
on 16 November 2011
Well I was at the same stand-up as the reviewer above (11/11/11!) at the Hammersmith Apollo and what can I say? Jack Whitehall is a natural. Spontaneous, clever, a great storyteller. The punch lines were brilliant! He's a generous performer who is so captivating that the interval took my friend and I by complete surprise because he doesn't wind down the comedy for a break. It's the same high standard the whole way through.

If you do buy the DVD, I assure you, you won't be disappointed.
on 4 March 2013
I initially bought this dvd for my 24-year-old son but ended up loving Jack's fresh humour and laughing out loud at his zany wit. This young comedian will be with us on stage and screen for a long time
on 1 March 2013
Brought this as a present for my friend, we watched it together and both really enjoyed. Language can be a bit strong in places which is expected but good mixture of old and new material.
on 5 January 2013
I bought this product after watching the hilariously funny Bad Education on BBC three. I wasn't sure what to expect from Jacks stand up but I was pleasantly surprised! My whole family ended up watching it on a Friday night and only £7 for a night of pure hysterics was well worth it. Watching the DVD with my family whose ages range from 15-65 really proved that Jacks humour can appeal to a large variety of people. Well done Jack and I am looking forward to buying tickets to your next tour!
on 25 November 2013
A great DVD by Jack Whitehall. Filmed live, it has the benefit of an audience response to gags etc. Language and content has an adult theme so would recommend to an older audience.
on 6 October 2014
Jack Whitehall is one of the funniest comedians I have ever seen!! His parents are awesome sports for allowing jack to talk about them in his act quite often!! A must see!!