5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot jacket
Bought this to keep me nice and dry when walking my dog and it does this perfect last jacket used to get soaked when heavy rain but this keeps me nice and dry.
Published on 13 Mar 2012 by P. Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars If you want a coat that 'breathes' well, look elsewhere.
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by Jeff. Clark

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to go out in the rain!, 2 Jan 2013
Ordered the two tone version and received this item instead - after the initial disappointment it has proved to be very functional - lightweight and waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot jacket, 13 Mar 2012
P. Williams - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars If you want a coat that 'breathes' well, look elsewhere., 12 Jan 2012
Jeff. Clark "arfur_daily" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Marmot Men's PreCip Waterproof Jacket (Apparel)
This precip coat fits very well, sits nicely and is comfortable, it is waterproof in heavy rain and I have no qualms about its ability in this area. However, any layers beneath it get soaked with perspiration and condensation. I am not a 'sweaty' person and I have tried the same base layers under my old green Berghaus lightening jacket which is at least twenty years old and has seen better days, but it still breathes and there was no wetness in use with similar conditions to that experienced when the precip soaked the layer/s beneath. I will keep the coat because it is waterproof and I am at least aware of its shortcomings, but if you want a coat that 'breathes' well, look elsewhere.Marmot PreCip Jacket

I must complement Amazon on their after-sales. The Hem in the Precip along the zip edge came away from the body of the coat, I think it was cut a little on the mean side and there was nothing for the stitching to grip, it didn't detract fron the use of the coat as it was on the inside edge, but it was still a fault. I reported this to Amazon and within two days a replacement coat arrived. Freepost labels were emailed proir to the delivery for return of the damaged one. Wonderful Service!
JC

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 25 Jan 2013
great value, easy to pack away, been up Ben Nevis in terrible conditions but this jacket stood up to very heavy rain

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Lightwieght Waterproof, 28 April 2014
I've just bought my second Precip jacket. The first is 6 years old and some of the waterproof lining is starting to wear off at the collar and cuffs, otherwise it's very waterproof and has a good sized hood. It's not made of breathable material, but I've found that the large underarm vents help considerably with ventilation. My first Precip has been used more than any of my other waterproofs and I think it's lasted quite well. I bought these as lightweight summer jackets that can tuck into a corner of a rucksack and are easy to put on if a shower comes along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry for a decade!, 16 July 2014
Robert F. Laarman (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Excellent choice for my wife, keeps her dry for the next decade!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal waterproof and lightweight shell jacket, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Marmot Men's PreCip Waterproof Jacket (Apparel)
Bought this as a lightweight shell to sit in my rucksack and not take up much space, or weigh too much.

Used it in both heavy and light rain when out with my Search and Rescue team, and on multi-day walks. Kept me dry throughout. Very few frills, or pockets, but that's not what I wanted if for.

Ideal if you want a jacket on hand for emergencies.

1.0 out of 5 stars precip breathability, 6 Nov 2012
just returned from a five mile walk. 10 degrees and dry. when i took off my marmot precip jacket i noted the inside was quite wet.
not sure this material breathes hard enough. otherwise, a well fitting, good looking jacket which is very light and waterproof.
update. not that waterproof after all