Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

VINE VOICEon 31 August 2011
I tried this wth my NEX 5 with 18-200 zoom, it's a tight fit, but usable.
Comparing side by side with a Lowepro 110 case it's more compact and would make less of a bulge on your hip, but is less well padded than the Lowepro, which has thicker pockets (each end, front and in the top cover) and padding all round.

Neither has the weather bag cover which I liked on the Lowepro top loading SLR pouches.
Having dropped the camera case once already, I had gone for the better padded option - but this one is certainly better than leaving it unprotected all the time and less bulky than a lot of alternatives.
This Sony branded bag is the perfect size to take the NEX:5 as well as a spare lens, memory cards and batteries, all without unduly compromising the weight of the camera and the space it needs in luggage.

It is well made and constructed of black textured fabric, which is well padded around all sides and the bottom although strangely not the top. The bag incorporates a strap that is adjustable to cover most requirements for neck/slung around shoulder carrying, or there are two belt loops should that be your preferred choice.

There are two small, external side pockets that can hold a battery each or several memory cards, as well as a larger zipped compartment at the front that would allow a few other bits and pieces to be carried.

The main compartment accommodated the camera body with the 18-55 lens attached and enough space to fit a second lens alongside. Alternatively the camera with 18-200 lens fits comfortably but you won't then have room for a second lens. A padded divider is included in this section to help separate and thus protect the contents; it fixes with Velcro so can be moved to suit your choice of contents..

If you are looking for a bag in which to carry the NEX-5 then this is worth consideration. I have awarded four stars only because of the lack of padding at the top of the bag, it is otherwise perfect.
on 3 October 2011
Genuine Sony product that fitted my camera and a small amount of accessories absolutely perfectly. Very well made and although pricier than some of the unbranded cases, I think it represents better value because it is such good quality. Will also adapt to fit Sony stills cameras. Recommended
on 9 September 2011
This item was exactly what it said on the box, a good hard wearing travel case for a Sony Camcorder. It has a detachable divider inside to store other bits apart from your camera and is handy and compact. Excellent value for money.
This Sony branded bag is a great size and accomodates my Handycam PJ260VE, spare battery, remote control and usb extension with a pocket to spare.

Well made from black nylon it is subtley branded Sony and has belt loops and an adjustable carrying strap. The main compartment has an adjustable padded divider and there are pockets on both ends for memory cards/batteries etc and a long pocket across the fron whcih I usb for a usb extension cable.

This is a great little bag for travelling with a few bits and bobs. I think if I wanted a bag just for the unit, for going out and about then the ultra compact one would be a better choice. If you want a bag to also accomodate a few extra's then this is great.

It is not as big as the picture makes it appear and as it stands I have room for a spare battery etc so very happy. Price at time of purchase was very reasonable to.
on 7 March 2012
Its a good quality bag, and you can fit in to it the NEX camera with 16 mm lens, plus the 18-50 zoom (that bag is fine whichever lens you tend to leave on the body) and I also get in the fisheye in its own small hard case. Inside there is one velcro adjustor In the long zipper I put in the Sony remote control and a spare battery. In the end pockets go my flash and polariser filter case and spare memory. The tabs on the zips are a bit short meaning sometimes they fiddly to get hold of to quickly open up the bag, but thats a minor gripe. So you have your full Sony picture taking kit, sorted in one lightweight package.For the money, its great value which is surprising considering its Sony.
on 1 February 2013
I bought this carry case to put my camera in and because it has a handle and a belt loop. It fits my camera just right and the pockets are great for my batteries and memory sticks, the only down side to this case for me is the fact that you cannot take the shoulder strap off like my last case because it's fixed and does not clip off. I would of liked it better if i could clip it off for when im carrying it using the handle or when it's on my belt.
on 11 August 2012
The material quality is good, the shape as showed in the pictures. Delivery time is only few days after ordered.

In terms of usefulness, the main space is only fit for 1 camera with 18-55mm lens and the black plastic which is normally connected to the front of lens (I don't know what is it called in English) and the neck strap. The side pocket can store 1 flash with case. Note the side pocket is big enough for spare battery but it's not zipped so water might get in e.g. in raining condition. Btw, the front pocket can store cleaning clothes with about 2 spare batteries and SD cards.
The drawback is no space for the charger... or if you have a pancake lens, there might be no space for the black plastic I mentioned.
on 29 August 2012
A perfect size to fit both the pan cake lens and the standard 18-55 mm lens kit mounted on the cam. It has pouch with a zip for the remote and the usb cable and two velcro pouches on the side to store your extra battery and flash. Build quality is quite good as well.

It should have one pocket in the inside to hold the extra memory card (minor) and the 18 - 55mm lens has to mounted on the cam to store it. If the pan cake lens is mounted, then you will have to change it or else the lenses and the cam don't fit. This is the only reason for giving it a star less than 5.
on 27 December 2012
As others have stated the case is a great fit for the Nex series. Enough storage space for me to hold my Nex 7 with 16mm and 18-55 lenses, A couple of filters, memory card and cleaning cloth without being too bulky for carrying around. My issue with this case however is the zip quality, I maybe received a weak case but both of the zips were very weak and have now broken after just 6 months of use. Even with my issue however i still find that price wise the case is still good value for money and i would purchase another because of the style and portability is that good!