4.0 out of 5 stars Even Deeper...
For those of you who have been following the Anjuna labels for some time, it will come as no surprise that this is a good album. Jaytech and James Grant have once again been given licence to mix the latest Deep album, which certainly lives up to its name.
Published on 1 Mar 2011 by Alan

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
I'm a fan of Anjunabeat style music and have to say that this Anjunadeep CD has the usual good and an few not so good tracks. I bought as "used", so have absolutely no concerns regarding value for money!
Published 18 months ago by R. F. Hawkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Even Deeper..., 1 Mar 2011
Alan "carrd2" (Stafford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjunadeep:03 (Audio CD)
In terms of the flow of the album, I think this is the best yet; either the quality of the mixing has improved even further or the order of songs makes even more sense. The standard was already sky high of course, but both of the disks are almost best listened to from start to end, rather than picking out individual songs. I suppose that leads me onto the slight criticism which is, in comparison to volumes 1 and 2, I don't think there are as many stand-out tracks. The likes of Diophantine, Clear Senses and Lassoo in the first couple of Deeps were just incredible, piercing what was already a great album with an absolutely awesome track. That didn't happen on quite the same level this time, but to consider this as criticism just goes to show what a high standard these albums have already set, and is also only my own personal opinion. It is also worth mentioning that none of the songs are bad, and as always with Anjuna labels, you can tell that the mixers have thought for hours which tracks to include and in what order. Indeed, Jaytech and Grant can only include what has been created.
Overall, I'd say the third Deep installment is even 'deeper' than the previous two - lots of funky yet dark basslines littering most tracks. So often, the bass is the melody of the song. I also think it's even more housey than previous Deeps, although from time to time you still get that little bit of trance and progression to add variation and spice to the albums.
Basically, it's another gem, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys house, progressive, electro, techno or trance music. I think my overall favourites are Sasha/Prankster's version of Spooky's 'Belong,' Danny Loko's 'Coastal' and Dinka's 'The Sleeping Beauty.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Oozes class - the DEEPEST Anjuna release yet?, 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: Anjunadeep:03 (Audio CD)
On the sleeve notes for this CD it say this collection is the third annual compilation on the Anjunadeep imprint - well, it seems as though they're knocking them out a bit quicker than that, but it could just be that the quality of the music is so good that a "fix" of it holds my attention for a lot longer than anything else out there.

After just a few listens, there don't seem to be the obvious tracks that shout "Tune!" as on the previous two outings - no Gold Rush, Murder Weapon, Disco Belle or DNA, for example - and whether the seamlessness of the mixes is down to a more homogenous pool of available material or even slicker mixing by Jaytech and James Grant is a moot point.

This time round, I think it's the first CD - mixed by James Grant - that has the edge (by quite some distance for me), as it really builds up into a concentrated pitch of just breathtaking tracks towards its climax - Soundprank, Paul Keeley [STUNNING - my pick of the bunch], Komytea, and Spooky all serving up the goods (and James Grant's inclusion of the excellent Sasha Involver mix of Belong works even better in this context - in fact, with a new bouncy bassline courtesy of Prankster, it jumps right out at you). Interestingly, JG's done here with Underworld what he did with BT's Flaming June on Anjunadeep 02 - tweaking Two Months Off to revive it for a deeper vibe. And CD1 is so expertly mixed that I glanced at my CD player at one point to find it was already on to track 5, rather than the expected track 3.

I was a little skeptical that rebooting By All Means (by Boom Jinx and Andrew Bayer) might seem a bit premature, but not only is the mighty Solarity's reworking very different from the original (oh, how I'm praying for an artist album release by Solarity), but I've a feeling it's going to be one of those tracks that reveals more with each listen.

This might be the case with the whole of Jaytech's second disc, so I'll just keep having to plug away with it. It certainly seems to have a lot more of an 80s vibe in places - quite an "analogue" sort of a sound and, while there are a few moments to keep the house-heads happy, I'm not sure it packs enough energy for the (current) floor. Although, having said that, I daresay Jaytech knows better, and surely everyone's fond of Japanese Schoolgirls - as well as his own cut, Djembe ;o)

Whatever - on an iPod or at home it's still great.

5.0 out of 5 stars About as good as the genre gets....., 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Anjunadeep:03 (Audio CD)
Manages to maintain a consistent, deep and uplifting vibe without tiring. Track sequence is perfect, mixing seamless. I'm looking at the earlier releases for another fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another splendid compilation mix, 13 July 2011
F. M. Havicon (Brighton, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjunadeep:03 (Audio CD)
The anjuna people just can't go wrong it seems. The "Deep" offshoot series is a bit more laid back than the "beats" original but wirth all the summer shimmer and sparkle of the uplifting trance music. It's a bit of a shame that the sound pallet is so restricted, as if all the artists purposely recorded their tracks with the notion of having them included on the next Anjuna release, using exactly the same drum kits and out-of-the-box synth sounds.....but it's great stuff nonetheless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 11 Mar 2013
R. F. Hawkins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjunadeep 03 (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best thing out of the Above & Beyond Label, 6 Nov 2012
A. Page "Placemat" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjunadeep:03 (Audio CD)
I've been a long-time fan (or at least, was) of Above & Beyond and the music they made. However, I have found that over the past two years, their music has slipped further and further in to the mainstream. While the Anjunabeat annual volumes still remain pretty good, they are increasingly forgettable and are often crammed with remixes of A&B 'commercial' remixes.

This is where Anjunadeep stays true to form. The quality of the tracks on this label are superb, and remind me of better days in the trance arena. These are the kind of sounds that fill your head with emotion and joy. I recently rediscovered Volume 3 in my collection and can only describe it as pure bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 5 Mar 2011
Samuel Erhardt "Tha Trancetourist" (Basel, Switzerland, Central Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjunadeep:03 (Audio CD)
My favourite Anjunadeep so far; incerdibly beautiful yet darkish tracks, very deep and haunting... I wish for a club playing these sounds around in the town I live ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mood music with depth, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: Anjunadeep 03 (MP3 Download)
I have a huge amount of time for Above & Beyond and their Anjunabeats collections which are, for the most part, imperious. Anjunadeep 03 begins with the lush, warm and sumptuous sound of Micrsh, gradually building towards the thrumming and enchanting trance subtleties of Distractions. Interstellar, while not exactly stellar, marks a transition in feel, ushering in a change of style from soft summer sounds to warm city nights, but for me, this motion gradually weakens towards the end, which is a shame, but not a tragedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cruisin!, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Anjunadeep:03 (Audio CD)
Not a trance expert by any means, however, this compilation is well worth a purchase or at least a listen. I will certainly be in the market for another comp in this series.

Anjunadeep:03
Anjunadeep:03 by Jaytech & James Grant (Audio CD - 2011)