5.0 out of 5 stars a very readable, real and humorously challenging book.
Water walking is always diffcult as it takes faith to get out of the boat. In this book John Ortberg uses humurous anecdotes and real life stories to carry his points across. Just who was the failure; was it Peter who walked on the water and sank or the others who stayed in the boat? At least Peter had something the others did not, he had actually walked on water! As I...
Published on 15 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Some very good lifestyle points, but at the expense of some dodgy theology
I bought this on a friend's recommendation, although they didn't give me much detail about the book, so I came it relatively blind, and had also not read anything else by Ortberg. My first impression, flicking through the chapter titles, sub-headings and notes at the back, was that this was a self-help book dressed up as pop-theology. Going through the early chapters,...
Published on 14 Feb 2011 by S. Meadows

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to read and re-read, 16 Dec 2008
Mrs. M. C. Dyer (Reigate, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for the first time (I keep on giving away copies and having to buy new ones) when I was a fairly new Christian. But I keep on coming back to it because there is always another boat to get out of. I've read it at least once a year and find something new in it each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to walk on Water, 3 Dec 2009
This is a great book with so much good information in, I was given a loan of it, read it and did not want to give it back, so I had to buy one to have to refer to. Great to quote from and to give you encouragement to step out and overcome your fears to realise your goals.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat: John Ortberg, 9 Aug 2009
S. L. Page (Wales,) - See all my reviews
Inspirational book for timid Christians who feel called to do more. The sort of book you find yourself recommending to other people, I keep lending my copy and having to buy more!

5.0 out of 5 stars The challenge starts here, 25 April 2011
D. English "Dee" (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
If you are up for a challenge. If you want to take your faith a step further. If you want to review your relationship with God and with others. Or if you just want to challenge your thinking then this is the book for you. We studied this in our house group and it was wonderful so many people were challenged and changed by the challenge of this book.

Well done John yet another great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent easy read, 22 Feb 2011
John Orton manages to combine readability with real challenge - a rare gift. Well worth a read and especially if followed up with the study guides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chris Bos., 28 May 2010
An excellant book, gave me a kick up the butt! many of my friends are reading it & we are all stirred to encourage each other to get out of the boat. I particaualy liked the the six month challenge. Our church is moving forward & we have to be ready, this book shows you how. Don't hesitate any longer buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 9 Mar 2010
Mrs. E. A. Kitts (lancashire,england) - See all my reviews
this is a really good challenging book for Christians who want to go deeper with God

4.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging book on Faith building, 20 Dec 2009
If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat is very easy to read, as it is written in a story-telling way. It is full of insights and truths about Faith, trusting God, moving forward in God, reaching your full potential and pursuing your dreams. I would definitely recommend this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›