5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect leather jacket!
Published on 8 Sep 2011 by citygirl1501

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Large
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by haze

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect leather jacket!, 8 Sep 2011
I already have and love the Barney's aviator jacket so thought I'd order the biker jacket. As always Barney's leather jackets fit like a glove and I am a small 8 (bought xs). Perfect length, narrow enough on the arm, the softest leather, just the best biker jacket around and I am fussy! I highly recommend this jacket and it arrived the next working day. Great value and top quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect!, 21 Aug 2013
I brought this jacket after spending what felt like months looking for one. I kept getting close but backing out of buying one - partly due to the plunge of the cost (I'd viewed other Barney's jackets in the 200+ range) and partly due to my lack of confidence about actually being able to pull off a leather jacket. I'm a 'good girl' kinda girl, this would be a daring addition to my wardrobe.

I want to start by saying I purchased a size 12 and I felt it was rather big. I am a size 12 in the top area so I was a bit disappointed at having to send it back BUT the return was free, ridiculously easy and super fast. From ordering it to receiving it, sending it back and getting a smaller size was Monday to Friday. You can't grumble at that.
My issue with the size was that the pictures make it look nice and tailored around the waist but the 12 on me wasn't slimming in appearance. It was also rather big around the top part of the arms and shoulders and too long on the sleeves.

So the size 10? Fits really nicely, has movement, has more tailoring AND still allows for a jumper underneath come winter time. Its not too tight on the chest either (I'm a full cup size C) so I was worried the 10 would feel restrictive.
The quality in my opinion is lushhh! I wouldn't call it thin at all but perhaps in the world of jackets its it? I think its the exact thickness you would expect for a jacket - I can't imagine a jacket made of 'thicker cow' so the leather was fine in my opinion!
It isn't shiny as others have mentioned but then I never thought it would be. If it was, I think it would look cheap and fake.
If you want the jacket to have the shape on the pictures you will need to buy a smaller size I feel. Keep in mind that this means it will be smaller over including the sides. I was worried it would sit too high up and make my top ride up and expose flesh (yeah yeah I was worried about muffin top issues I admit it) but it stays nicely in place.

Over all I think this is an excellent jacket for what you pay. Unless you are an expert of leather jackets I don't think you would be disappointed with the quality at all, you might need more than one attempt at the size however. Many people said it was too small - I had the completely opposite problem. The only reason it is not a 5* to me was the sizing is a bit confusing BUT its easy to send back, and the 10, while looking better, still wasn't as tailored at the pictures despite me having a tiny waist. A size 8 would probably be too small so I'm settling on the size 10!

I've received loads of compliments on it and its bad-ass - I feel very 'Sons of Anarchy' when I'm wearing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such soft leather, 24 Jan 2012
So pleased with my Barneys leather jacket, such soft leather, you can really feel the quality of this product, plus have not seen a nicer one about!! Well happy X

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Perfect, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Barney's Originals Women's Leather Asymmetric Biker Jacket (Apparel)
This is by far the best jacket, service and speedy delivery I have ever encountered when buying something online and not being able to physically try it on/go into the shop. This jacket is 100% perfect, exactly how it looks in the picture, and worth every penny. I'd been looking for a really good quality leather jacket for a while and I'm really pleased with this one. It came so quickly even though I'd chosen the slowest delivery option, so that was an added bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Leather, 15 Nov 2011
My daughter likes her jacket and it seems to keep her warm though she can't wear a jumper under it. Bit strange how the zip doesn't do up fully but I supposed that's how the design works. Good quality. Came very quickly considering we ordered over the weekend. Had to buy a 'Large' even though my daughter is a 12/14.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, 7 Oct 2012
i had been looking for a new leather jacket for ages before deciding on this one. I have loved it since ot arrived and wear it most days. The fit is fantastic, slim in the sleeve and soft leather. Would recomend this jacket at this price

4.0 out of 5 stars barneys leather jackets, 21 Sep 2012
I was very pleased with the jacket. The sizing was correct. Good quality product. Was heavier than I thought which is good. The item arrived on time. I would recomment it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Large, 7 Jun 2012
The quality of the leather was excellent however the jacket was not fitted as in the image and the zips were more of a brass colour. I personally found the sizing very large. I am a size 14/16 so I purchased the size 16 in order to wear jumpers underneath, however the jacket was still too large on me even with a thick wool jumper underneath.Customer service was excellent and I received a full refund very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars great jacket, 1 Mar 2012
I love this jacket! Bang on trend . Exactly as it looks, I ordered a size 12 and it fits perfectly. A++++

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 5 May 2012
After seeing the reviews I bought this jacket, thinking that I finally bought a great item, after a lengthy and intensive search. Unfortunately I'm taking it back because 1/ arms are too narrow, I'm normally size 8/10 and size 10 was too tight, 2/ I thought it was faux leather, poor quality, very thin and matt. Good leather isn't like this one. All zips and details were different to the photo. I don't know it I was unlucky, but I'm sending it back. I found a much much better biker jacket with "house of leather" 40 more but it's worth the money and the quality of the product. What a real shame. However, I have to say that the delivery was fast and the customer service team was great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›