5.0 out of 5 stars Great usb stick
Published 15 months ago by Jimbo

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Not sure why, but it is the slowest USB pen drive I own. That is compared to a cheap and cheerful 'Staples' 4GB and every flavour upwards.

Published 1 month ago by Phil Wilkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great usb stick, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: SanDisk SDCZ45-016G-U46 CZ45 16 GB Ultra USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
Just thought I'd post to let anyone interested know that this works fine with the xbox 360 (and GTA V) , which is the reason I bought it. It passed the xbox minimum requirement test no problem and works well. Doesn't fit in the usb slots on the back of the 360 though (the same as most usb sticks don't) due to the plastic moulding around the slots. You either have to purchase a usb extension lead (Amazon sell them) or use one of the slots on the front of the console.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone in a flash!, 29 Jan 2014
I purchased two of these; a 16gb and a 32gb. The security is good as long as you remember your password! A word of caution is needed. I erased the 32GB by accident while sorting out some software issues on my partner's PC. I would have thought that this drive with all its great security would alert the user that an erase command has been issued! I had all my reports, pictures, and movies from my recent trip to India on the drive and it was all erased in a flash and not recoverable even with specialised software. So be warned!

4.0 out of 5 stars no good for recording on Samsung Smart TV, 22 Jun 2013
Great USB storage, however - unlike some other reviewers reported this will not work for recording on my Samsung Smart TV (model PS51E550) despite easily exceeding the minimum read/write times. This is due to the crappy Samsung TV software, not the flash drive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Always settle for SanDisk!, 30 Sep 2013
Have used several 'leading makes' but SanDisk drives never collapse on me, the retractability reduces the risk of damage and the bit that fixes to my keyring when I travel is stronger that most other plastic models

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 Nov 2014

When I say slow - I mean copying a 5GB virtual disk started out telling me it would be about 12 minutes - but ended up with me leaving the PC on overnight to do the job. As for trying to access that virtual disk from the stick - forget it.

Not just the one PC. Access made via an AMD-chipped PC and laptop (both USB2.0), and Intel-chipped PCs (USB2.0 andUSB3.0 ports). Never managed to get a single 10GB file to copy across from anywhere - never had the patience.

Saying that, it DOES have the capacity (I checked it because it was so dire otherwise - I feared I had bought a cheap rip-off that lied about its capacity). It is the real thing - capacity-wise. However, it 100% junk with respect to performance.

I had tried to use it as a mobile data store from which to work, allowing me to move from PC to PC - but it was too slow - and long writes (saves) sometimes ended with file corruption (ever tried to recover a Word .docx document? No, it isn't plain sailing).

Disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value key, 29 Aug 2013
Great little usb key. I've done a bit of testing on the speeds and they seem spot on, I got 11MB/s write and 14.8MB/s read, quite happy with that. Havent tried out the encryption software that comes with it, if I needed it I would use bitlocker instead anyway. The sliding out of the connector can be a bit fiddly, you just need to press on the release bit a harder. I also like that its got an activity LED on it which a lot of keys seem to be missing now, its nice to know when its safe to remove!
Overall for £10 its a good little key and backed by a five year warranty so you can be confident it will last (i'd always recommend backing up anything important though!)

5.0 out of 5 stars 64 GB flash drive, 18 Mar 2013
Bought it for its capacity, & it works very well. Good value for money. Its hard to add any furher comments on a fairly basic item.

5.0 out of 5 stars does exacty what it is meant to do, 15 Feb 2013
no problems, used to record tv programs only been used twice to date and had no issues, happy with this product

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow slow slow, 29 Nov 2012
This USB drive is super slow. I have wasted numerous hours transferring files into and out of the Vault and files within the Vault are not editable, you must remove them from the Vault to edit and then drag and drop back in, which again takes forever. It is also really not user friendly. I would strongly advised anyone NOT to buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a safe option as an encrypted pen drive, 16 Nov 2012
Bought this as an encrypted pen drive believing it would be password protected. However drive can be opened and accessed without password and files added/deleted. You have to actually go into a folder in the drive called vault to securely store files and then when you do add files there, they are read only and you cannot alter them. Too much hassle, just wanted a pen drive that when plugged in would not open without a password and if entered wrong so many times would wipe it. Should have known by the price that this was a total waste of money.