Size: 16GB|Colour Name: Black, Red|Change
Price:£46.95 - £62.11

on 23 September 2013
Just thought I'd post to let anyone interested know that this works fine with the xbox 360 (and GTA V) , which is the reason I bought it. It passed the xbox minimum requirement test no problem and works well. Doesn't fit in the usb slots on the back of the 360 though (the same as most usb sticks don't) due to the plastic moulding around the slots. You either have to purchase a usb extension lead (Amazon sell them) or use one of the slots on the front of the console.
on 29 January 2014
I purchased two of these; a 16gb and a 32gb. The security is good as long as you remember your password! A word of caution is needed. I erased the 32GB by accident while sorting out some software issues on my partner's PC. I would have thought that this drive with all its great security would alert the user that an erase command has been issued! I had all my reports, pictures, and movies from my recent trip to India on the drive and it was all erased in a flash and not recoverable even with specialised software. So be warned!
on 22 June 2013
Great USB storage, however - unlike some other reviewers reported this will not work for recording on my Samsung Smart TV (model PS51E550) despite easily exceeding the minimum read/write times. This is due to the crappy Samsung TV software, not the flash drive!
on 14 November 2012
Recently, I purchased the Sandisk Ultra 16gb. I was intrigued by the secure access software and the high speeds it offers. However, over the past few months, I have found some flaws...

I did a quick test to evaluate the secure access software. Although it is advertised as protective, it is not as it really seems. I found that although the software uses 128-bit AES, it does not provide any form of decryption code for the cipher. So really, it's just password protecting your folder. Also, if you have lost your password, you can easily get your data back as if you go to the 'My Vaults' folder on the flash drive and go to 'FILES', and you can see all your files, that can be edited, read and saved without the use of any password!

Furthermore, to say that the drive runs at 15m/s, it runs incredibly slow when transferring small chunks of data. 15m/s isn't any extraordinary speed for USB 2.0!

However, the drive did a great job for the basic purpose of transferring files. Not so good encryption software, so I invested in Bitlocker to Go, which provides good service. I also bought the new Sandisk Extreme 16gb for my USB 3.0 ports, which serves well with Bitlocker and proves to be must faster. To anyone buying this, you would probably be best ignoring the encryption software and ignoring the 15m/s. For ten pounds more, you could probably get the Sandisk Extreme 16gb, which is much better for speed and is build for more modern compatibly with Windows 8...
on 29 August 2013
Great little usb key. I've done a bit of testing on the speeds and they seem spot on, I got 11MB/s write and 14.8MB/s read, quite happy with that. Havent tried out the encryption software that comes with it, if I needed it I would use bitlocker instead anyway. The sliding out of the connector can be a bit fiddly, you just need to press on the release bit a harder. I also like that its got an activity LED on it which a lot of keys seem to be missing now, its nice to know when its safe to remove!
Overall for £10 its a good little key and backed by a five year warranty so you can be confident it will last (i'd always recommend backing up anything important though!)
on 30 September 2013
Have used several 'leading makes' but SanDisk drives never collapse on me, the retractability reduces the risk of damage and the bit that fixes to my keyring when I travel is stronger that most other plastic models
on 16 November 2012
Bought this as an encrypted pen drive believing it would be password protected. However drive can be opened and accessed without password and files added/deleted. You have to actually go into a folder in the drive called vault to securely store files and then when you do add files there, they are read only and you cannot alter them. Too much hassle, just wanted a pen drive that when plugged in would not open without a password and if entered wrong so many times would wipe it. Should have known by the price that this was a total waste of money.
on 6 November 2014
Not sure why, but it is the slowest USB pen drive I own. That is compared to a cheap and cheerful 'Staples' 4GB and every flavour upwards.

When I say slow - I mean copying a 5GB virtual disk started out telling me it would be about 12 minutes - but ended up with me leaving the PC on overnight to do the job. As for trying to access that virtual disk from the stick - forget it.

Not just the one PC. Access made via an AMD-chipped PC and laptop (both USB2.0), and Intel-chipped PCs (USB2.0 andUSB3.0 ports). Never managed to get a single 10GB file to copy across from anywhere - never had the patience.

Saying that, it DOES have the capacity (I checked it because it was so dire otherwise - I feared I had bought a cheap rip-off that lied about its capacity). It is the real thing - capacity-wise. However, it 100% junk with respect to performance.

I had tried to use it as a mobile data store from which to work, allowing me to move from PC to PC - but it was too slow - and long writes (saves) sometimes ended with file corruption (ever tried to recover a Word .docx document? No, it isn't plain sailing).

Disappointed.
on 4 May 2012
There isn't really much to say when it comes to USB drives, they hold stuff or they don't and this holds a lot about 59.5GB to be precise. As with any disc you loose some space to formatting and other bits and pieces. Yet that is still a lot of space for something this size.

Speed wise in my very unscientific tests of moving about 1.5GB of files, the write speed was just under 7MB/s, read came in at 18MB/s. It is normal for write to be slower than read so this is okay. Filling the drive will take a lot of time though.

Sandisk have bundled some encryption software on the disc though I have yet to try it as I normally use Trucrypt for this purpose which will work with any drive.

Casing, the drive is rerasonably appealing aesthetically though nothing to shout home about. The red bit you push forwards to reveal the USB connector and backwards to hide it, this also glows whilst the drive is in use, I do find the colour of the light to look like a dirty orange colour. The only real major point though is that the drive feels a bit to thin and plasticy especiall around the loop for a lanyard or keyring. Not sure if I want to trust 64GB of data to it.

Other than build quality, this is a nice drive with a whopping capacity.
on 29 November 2012
This USB drive is super slow. I have wasted numerous hours transferring files into and out of the Vault and files within the Vault are not editable, you must remove them from the Vault to edit and then drag and drop back in, which again takes forever. It is also really not user friendly. I would strongly advised anyone NOT to buy it.

See one answered question