5.0 out of 5 stars Great content, well balanced recording, polished performance
Published on 19 April 2001 by steve@futureclass-it-consultan...

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Not the best interpretation of this piece, but does the job, I suppose. I'd love to have a version that does away with the organ, which IMHO, makes it dergy and I don't want to be reminded of some freezing cold church!
Published 20 months ago by A.Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Great content, well balanced recording, polished performance, 19 April 2001
I originally purchased this CD to get Pachelbels Canon, and really didn't care too much about what else was on the CD. What a pleasant surprise when it arrived, not a single "dud" track. The recording is well balanced and the tracks are nicely matched for both volume and bass/treble, meaning that you aren't constantly having to twiddle you volume and tone controls to be able to enjoy the music. The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra gives a lovely well rounded performance with some real gems, both in the Albinoni Adagio, and in the Vivaldi Concerto for Four Violins. If you are into Baroque music, don't miss this one, it is well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic classical music album!, 10 July 2013
Mr. Pr Merrett "paulos_1" (Madrid) - See all my reviews
I bought this album to help me focus more at work and drown out the sounds around me and I realized that classical music, especially high quality classical music had a very calming effect on the body and mind. I truly recommend it to those who have never given classical music a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Feb 2014
Paul Norton (Boothby Graffoe, Lincs.) - See all my reviews
Bought for wife. She loves this recording. Thinks it is absolutely great. Only bought it for Canon in D but she says that all the other tracks are superb. Quality of recording superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars HEAVENLY, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Orpheus Chamber Orchestra - Baroque Highlights (MP3 Download)
I heard a rendition of this very recording at an art exhibition in Saltaire, and had to have it. To my ears, it epitomises the very essence of Baroque music. I'm no expert, but I know what I like. Hope this is helpful--!

5.0 out of 5 stars CD`S, 15 May 2013
Totally SatisfactoryTHOROUGHLY ENJOYED BY ALL WHO HAVE LISTENED TO THE MUSIC ON THE RECORDINGS.Would reccomend to music lovers for relaxation

4.0 out of 5 stars Well presented recording, 2 Jan 2013
Kay E. Davies - See all my reviews
Very good recording of theses popular pieces. Well arranged and one of the better ones I liked it very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant music. I Love this music, 5 Aug 2014
Superb CD. Brilliant music. I Love this music.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 25 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A Full DDD Recording, 7 Mar 2012
Ida Henman (Spain) - See all my reviews
I hesitated before buying this CD,simply because no indication of a Spars code was given.I was delighted to find that not only is it a full digital recording,it sounds great!The whole production is extremely polished,but then what did I expect?!

Orpheus Chamber Orchestra - Baroque Highlights