Trisha Yearwood, at her best, is the finest of all contemporary country singers. This compilation contains many of the songs that established her as a major star, beginning with She's in love with the boy – a song that enabled Trisha to become one of the few ladies in the history of country music to top the American country chart with their first single.
Trisha's other country number one hits featured here include Thinking about you and An American girl (X's and O's). Many of the other songs were country top ten hits for Trisha. How do I live was a huge country hit for Trisha, but it was LeAnn Rimes who had the American pop hit (she also had a big UK pop hit with the song) – but Trisha's version was also a big hit in some other countries around the world, as well as being a minor UK hit. I love both versions of the song but I slightly prefer Trisha's version to LeAnn's. Really, there's not much to choose between them.
One of my particular favorites is The song remembers when – about how you remember particular events in your life when you hear a particular song. There are many other fine songs including Wrong side of Memphis, Walkaway Joe, The woman before me and a duet with Garth Brooks (In another's eyes).
This European edition contains five tracks not available on the original American edition. These include two tracks from Trisha's album Everybody knows (Believe me baby I lied, A lover is forever) together with two tracks from her album Thinking about you (On a bus to St Cloud, You can sleep while I drive). More significantly, it includes The flame, which is not available on any of Trisha's standard albums. It was originally released on the Olympic album One voice.
on 6 October 1999
Trisha Yearwood is a country singer with a history of great albums. She was a nominee at the CMA Music Awards and this CD has been a big boost. This album incoporates all of her greatest hits with a duet with Garth Brooks "In Anothers Eyes" and the theme from Con Air "How Do I Live Without You". I think this is her best album yet - a must have!
on 8 July 2010
If you watch a lot of American sport on Sky like I do (yes, I need to get out more) then you are used to the usual talentless pond-life being rolled out to murder the Star Spangled banner begore big games. The one exception to all this dros is always Trisha Yearwood. Always a great performance be it NASCAR, NFL, Major League Baseball or even one of a number of eating competitions that seem to provail on the more obscure channels.
On the strength of this I bought her CD. I'm not a great lover of country but this is absolutely superb stuff, couldn't stop playing it. Don't ask me to get techinical and luvvy, I dig holes for a living, but this stuff will bring about every emotion you have and some you didn't know existed. Buy it, listen to it and enjoy, you won't listen to anything better.
on 20 June 2004
Absolutely fantastic. Songbook provides a great mixture of the happy, and the sad which always leaves your spirit lighter and lifted. There is nothing more I like than to sling on songbook and indulge my ears and sooth my soul whilst I bury myself in painting or cook a mountain of food or lay breakfast for my hungry monsters or stitch some worn out clothes or pull some weeds from the garden - there is an endless list of chores that may be easily made very enjoyable by simple adding a little songbook to the recipe. A great fan of Trisha Yearwood I love this cd!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 December 2011
Trisha Yearwood has a voice you will never forget once you have heard it. While she is very well known in the USA for her many country music successes and her TV appearances in various shows she is less well known here in the UK. Some UK viewers may remember her guest appearances in the military series 'JAG' where Trisha made cameo appearances as Lt Cmdr Teresa Coulter between 1998 and 2002, or maybe because she is married to Garth Brooks.

This album includes her début single from 1991 'She's in love with the boy' and other classic's up until 'How do I live' from 'Con Air' in the same year as the release of this album - 1997.

Trisha has released many albums since this album was released but I think this captures her best work.
on 30 December 2004
Just a great collection of songs. Some well known (How Can I live) and some less known. One of the most listened to of the 5 Trisha albums I own.
Get it!
on 11 November 1999
This album is a great addition to any country music collection. It is a comprehensive collection of her best hits such as "How Do I" and her #1 hit duet with Garth Brooks, "In Another's Eyes". She has such a soothing style, with only 3 out of the 11 songs being fast-paced, it is a relatively mellow album which can really hit the spot at the right time. I would highly recommend this selection if you are a country music fan, or especially a Trisha Yearwood fan!
on 11 October 2011
I had not purchased anything by Trisha Yearwood until this collection. I had two 11 hour flights and listened to this a number of times. Overall I am very pleased with the CD. There are some so-so tracks and a few outstanding ones too. Somewhere along the way you will be tapping your foot or humming along.
on 23 March 2016
Really glad I bought this CD,Trisha has such a strong voice.I only bought this after hearing her sing " American girl" on the Ladys of Country CD.
I'm really glad I did take the plunge .Get you will be happy you did.
on 12 July 2013
I first heard Trisha Yearwood when I used to have sky when they had a channel "Country Music Europe" I think it was called and I fell for her and she sounded good too..