Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 February 2011
managed to listen to this streamed last week and now this morning. Absolutely fabulous, wasn't a great fan of the White Chalk cd (no idea why i had to mention that!!), however this is certainly more accessible but as usual far from commercial. Track 5 an early stand-out but it is a fairly seamless album.
on 14 March 2016
excellent
on 12 August 2014
very good
on 28 April 2011
As always Polly Jane Harvey is off the charts cool.
Totally different to any of her other recent albums but in a wonderful way.
Very political but not depressing or arrogant.
I love it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2011
I heard PJ Harvey a few months ago for the first time and thinks shes brilliant, I can't stop listening to this album, she is definitly my favourite british singer-songwriter, she has a great voice, since buying this I have bought a couple of her older albums, however this one is my favourite. I can highly recommend this to anyone. The music and singing are great!!!
on 17 March 2016
great!!
on 17 February 2011
I find it hard to cut through the hype that seems to surround so much of the masses of mediocre music that is around. But being aware of PJ Harveys building reputation, I capitulated and bought my first PJ album - Let England Shake. And wow, what have I been missing? This is astonishingly good. I'm not going to give a detailed critique of it. All you need to know is that if you are genuinely interested in quality contemporary music, this is a must. I will be buying up her back catalogue on the basis of this. Brilliant.