5.0 out of 5 stars SquareTrade Warranty - Absolutely fantastic, cannot fault!
I would HIGHLY recommend SquareTrade Warranty to anyone.

Published on 1 Aug 2011 by Robyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!! ............read the small print.
The advertising for this item and the policy document state that you can make multiple claims over three years the policy document then goes on to say:

Published on 16 Mar 2011 by chris

5.0 out of 5 stars SquareTrade Warranty - Absolutely fantastic, cannot fault!, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: 3-Year SquareTrade Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle Keyboard (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) (Accessory)
I would HIGHLY recommend SquareTrade Warranty to anyone.

I bought a Kindle as a surprise for my husband and was debating at the time of purchase, whether or not to opt for the 3-Year Warranty offered by SquareTrade. I decided to go ahead and buy it as it was a small price to pay for peace of mind if anything went wrong. All I can say is that I am so pleased that I did!

After completing the transaction, SquareTrade sent me a Certificate of Insurance the same day. However, the cover did not start until a few days later to allow time for delivery, which I thought was great. This means that your 3-Years do not start until you physically have the item in your hand.

My husband had only had his Kindle a week when disaster struck... after a week away on an arduous course, he got off the coach and his Kindle managed to fall out of his bag and onto the floor. He was absolutely gutted when he realised that the top half of the screen wasn't working anymore! The next working day I called SquareTrade and explained what had happened.

SquareTrade were very friendly and extremely helpful. They told me not to worry and informed that a replacement would be sent out immediately. They answered all my concerns and were only too happy to help. They even changed over the details of the old / new Kindle so that my warranty would continue to run on the new device. All I had to do was return the damaged item to them as soon as possible.

A few days later the new Kindle arrived with absolutely no problems! My husband is very happy he has his new toy back and I have peace & quiet once again! It was a very smooth transaction and I can only recommend SquareTrade to others - five stars simply aren't enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Accidently trod on my new kindle..., 10 Mar 2011
Phoned squaretrade (a conversation that lasted around 6 minutes including the time I spent on hold) Squaretrade sent a replacement and it arrived two days later (I was sent a free DHL return label from amazon so my old kindle was sent back at no cost to me),and the insurance now covers my new kindle, which is great because I'm incredibly accident prone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!! ............read the small print., 16 Mar 2011

"When you have received repairs or replacements up to the value of the original purchase price of the insured item or a cash settlement for the replacement cost of a new item of equal features and functionality, your policy will immediately end."

I phoned the company and they say that they attribute a value of £47 for a kindle (didn't say 3g or cheaper version)and they went on to say that as such you will only get from two to four replacements. This information was over the phone, the policy is contradictory and as such leaves the purchaser unclear as to what exactly they are buying, this is supposed to give peace of mind to Kindle owners but now just leaves me confused.

THE INSURER NEEDS TO BE CLEAR ABOUT EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING. I wonder if Amazon are aware of the potential problems for their customers.

If this product gave peace of mind for three years and the service was good I would give it 5* at the moment I am not sure what to give it as my head is still buzzing with all the legalees and confusing wording ...................

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and great price, 11 May 2011
M. Talpade (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very good product, very well delivered and fingers crossed I won't have to call upon it but it gives you massive piece of mind. My kindle is always on the go with me and the thought of not being able to read on the train home is not good! Great product and the perfect back-up for your kindle!! Definitely Recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars SquareTrade Kindle Warranty, 2 April 2011
I purchased my Kindle through a high street retailer. The Amazon website said that the Kindle was not eligible for this warranty. I had a few other queries prior to purchase which were quickly answered by the helpful and friendly customer services team at Squaretrade (Freefone 0800 433 4789). I found this easy to purchase and the warranty was promptly sent by email. The login process via the Squaretrade website was simple. I'm very happy with the warranty cover and the customer service provided. Fingers crossed I don't need to use the warranty, but at least its there just in case! 3-Year Warranty Plus Accident Protection for Kindle (6" Display, 3G + Wi-Fi, Latest Generation), UK customers only

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite good service, 21 May 2011
I called the customer service quite a few time recently for both my camera and Kindle. I find they do quite professionl services and are very kind as well. They are always ready to explain everything i want unless my English is still not that good.

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 year Warranty?, 10 April 2011
Ok first of all you can't review a warranty until it's actually used, so all I can say is it arrived on time. But one thing that is noticeable is the date's on the warranty, as the Amazon Kindle already has twelve months warranty then this is infact not a three year warranty but only two years. which if I had known at purchase, well there would have been no purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the small print, 18 July 2011
I purchased this cover along with a reconditioned kindle direct from Amazon, unfortunately the information at the point of sale is very limited. So it was only once that all of the paperwork was issued that I realised reconditioned models are not covered by this policy.

It would be better to let buyers know these limitation before purchasing, rather than after.

4.0 out of 5 stars When does cover start?, 12 May 2011
Not over-enthusiastic about your unilateral action in deferring the start of cover by 5 days. I already have the Kindle, and assumedKindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology that cover would be immediate.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE, 29 Jun 2012
Beware of this clause hidden in the Warranty Document - It means that you do not get three years repair cover , you ONLY GET cover for three years up to a the value of the product. IE if the product is valued at Two Hundred, and your first repair cost eighty pounds, you have only one hundred and twenty pounds worth of repairs left....

Maximum Coverage - Subject to approval, this insurance allows for multiple replacements of
your insured item.

The maximum liability under this policy shall be the original purchase
price of the insured item, excluding delivery charges.
When you have received repairs or replacements up to the value of
the original purchase price of the insured item or a cash settlement for
the replacement cost of a new item of equal features and functionality,
your policy will immediately end.