5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative piano style...
Published on 1 Feb 2011 by C. FULLER

see above,I just coui ld not get on with his style.I much prefer Oscar peterson.Sorry I just chose the wrong artist.
Published 17 months ago by observer

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative piano style..., 1 Feb 2011
C. FULLER (Brixham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sharp Notes (Audio CD)
Includes the albums "Portrait in Jazz" (1959); "New Jazz Conceptions" (1956) & "Everybody Digs Bill Evans" (1958) which were all originally released on the Riverside Records label. The set comprises 8 Bill Evans original compositions and a wealth of songbook standards. My favourite interpretations are "Autumn Leaves"; "Speak Low" & "Night & Day". The total running time for the 3CD set is approx 118 minutes. Listen out for drummer Paul Motian a regular player with Bill Evans and a whole new and innovative style pf piano playing from Bill Evans himself. Excellent sound quality throughout and with liner notes by Peter Gamble. This compactly packaged set brings together 3 classic albums for virtually the price of one. Another excellent addition to the 3CD sets released by Not Now Music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Am still buying, 6 Dec 2011
Toots (Dorset England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharp Notes (Audio CD)
What an amazing catalogue this man has never a bum recording and if not easy listening it makes you think when he uses his wide technique with such great support

2.0 out of 5 stars I think I must have mistaken the name for stan tracy.No doubt Mr Evans is a great pianist but I just do not like his style., 19 Feb 2013

Sharp Notes
Sharp Notes by Bill Evans (Audio CD - 2011)