on 26 January 2012
Wanted to play Xbox 360 with my picopix and ordered this one. Now I'm playing Call of Duty in my bedroom walls!
Quick and simple! Very good
on 31 March 2012
I bought the component video adapter to enhance the video quality of the Picopix 1430 projector, as I noticed that my DVD player had a component video output.

If you decide to do a similar connection, do make sure to switch the DVD player's (or any other device's) output to component, otherwise it might not work (the projector will get "NO SIGNAL"). What you need to do is to enter the DVD player's settings while you still have the Composite cable on, switch the output to component, and then disconnect the Composite cable and replace it with the component.

I am afraid, that for a standard DVD player, I have found the quality of the video with the component output to be exactly the same as with the original composite cable - so I can't really justify the 20 extra pounds (+10 more for a decent component cable) you need to pay for the premium. So I can't really say I am impressed by the quality of component video output, as seen in so many reviews of component connections throughout the web.

The 2 stars here reflect my disappointment from the fact that the component cable is no different than the composite in performance. Overall, the picture quality is of course way more than acceptable, and using the Picopix is still a joy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse