5.0 out of 5 stars My third time on Cura Romana

1.0 out of 5 stars have to say
Published on 23 Aug 2011 by mipa

5.0 out of 5 stars My third time on Cura Romana, 22 April 2014
RosP (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leslie Kenton's Cura Romana Essential Spray for Natural, Safe, No-Hunger Weight Loss, Internal Cleansing, and Radiant Health. This Product is the Celebrated Companion For Use With Leslie Kenton's New Cura Romana Weightloss Plan Book. (Personal Care)
The first two times I bought Cura Romana sprays to do the diet, I got them from Helios homeopathic pharmacy as I was put off by a couple of negative reviews here on Amazon about the quality amd taste of the spray. But this time, following a lot more recent postive reviews, I thought I'd give it a try from here and I am not disappointed - in fact I am sure it's the same product. The only disadvantage is that you have to buy two at a time here, whereas if you only need one, Helios will sell you just that, though will charge P&P on top. Note: Leslie Kenton tells you that you need two sprays per go, four times a day, but last time I did Cura Romana I discovered that I got exactly the same effects with just one spray - one pump instead of two I mean - under the tongue, in a clean mouth, and held for a few seconds before swallowing. After all, it's homeopathic, so less is more! As long as you get a good spray and contact under the tongue, one will achieve exactly the same results. I did my second Cura Romana protocol with only one bottle, which saved me £25. You will of course need more if you continue beyond the 3 1/2 weeks. If you are going to do this diet please note that you need to follow the protocol exactly and to the letter. I suspect that the few negative reviews for this product come from people who did not do so - it's easy to overlook something. Buy Leslie's book, follow the rules, it works like a dream. No hunger, rapid and safe weightloss, reshaping of your body and loss of those hard-to-shift wobbly bits. OK it's not well written nor laid out that well but it does contain all the information you need. Also read Dr Simeon's papers (the inventor of Cura Romana) online so that you understand the core principles. The only reason I am doing Cura Romana a third time is that after the second time I was unable to do the consolidation phase properly and after that I got cravings for the wrong things, then kind of gave up over winter, ate everything I shouldn't, and started putting the weight back on again. But I have never regained the weight lost from the first time around, and this time it's dropping again with ease - so far a steady 1lb a day (As a vegetarian and not very overweight in the first place, I never managed that quick a loss before). I expect to be at or close to my target weight after this go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Works, 4 July 2012
Em B (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am currently on day 19, and nearing the end of taking the spray, and am absoloutely delighted with the results so far:

I am 41, 5ft 5 and weighed 9.12 - which I know is not overweight at all, and would have been fine if not for the emergence of a big, flabby mid-section in the last couple of years, particularly my belly. It was very hard to shift, and I didn't want to do traditional dieting as I didn't want to lose fat from other areas, such as my bust - hence my interest in this diet, claiming to get rid of the "bad" unsightly fat instead.

Well 19 days later, I have lost 14 pounds - and most of it from that horrible belly. Each day, I couldn't believe my eyes as I noticed fat almost (sorry for the cliche) melting away. My face is slimmer and more youthful - the puffy, middle aged look that made my eyes disappear has gone. My collarbones have come back. My arms are slimmer and my bust is the same. I do not want to lose anymore, and am noticing that the weight loss is beginning to slow down and stall - which may have something to do with me reaching my personal "ideal weight?"

Yes it sounds almost too good to be true HOWEVER, this is not for everyone. It needs a lot of careful preparation, and the right equipment - digital scales for weighing your protein raw at each meal, physillium husks, vitamin C, lotions with no oils or fats in them other than mineral oil - you mustn't let your skin come into contact with products containing natural oils - which seems to be in everything. So beauty maintenance is kind of thrown out of the window.

After two or three days, it's quite easy to follow, as I got used to the routine, and I was also happy to see the cost of the sprays etc offset by how much I saved from grocery shopping

Basically you have to do your research before even thinking about beginning. You can read the Dr Simeon's original protocol Pounds and Inches which is free on the net, I found Leslie Kenton's book excellent, and followed hers which closely follows Dr Simeon's but is geared towards today's lifestyle and very informative.

I don't know if I would recommend this diet to anyone who has a demanding job and a long commute. There were days when I was very tired and drained - and I work from home, however I never felt hungry. Having said that, my sister followed the diet at the same time as me, and she experienced very strong cravings and hunger (she lost a total of 18 pounds).

I would definitely recommended to anyone who needs to shift stubborn fat, and is totally sick of it and sick of eating unhealthfully for any length of time and just wants to stop, but you need to follow the protocol to the letter.

Update 1: I have kept the weight off. Since finishing, I have had the odd day or two of eating a whole pizza or big plate of curry, but by and large I have changed the way I eat - I no longer crave sugar and keep processed foods to a minimum, and I only feel like eating when I am genuinely hungry. This programme has helped me change the way I eat and has also changed my life. Thank you Ms Kenton!

Update 2: Three months since the diet ended and my weight for the past two months has stabilised at 8.8 stones - a total weight loss of 18 pounds overall. I am very happy with this, and my husband jokes that I have the body of a 20 year old now (yeah right!) but I'm back to pre-baby weight although somewhat ironically I'd like to weigh a bit more, ideally 8.12 stones, which I am finding difficult without going on a huge junk food binge which I'm not prepared to do. I still eat healthily, but do have days of pasta with creamy sauces, or huge portions of chips, and curries (though I have cut right down on snacks desserts and biscuits, enjoying them once a week or so).

I really do believe that this diet has reset my metabolism - I rarely fluctuate beyond one or two pounds now. Highly recommended if you're prepared to experience the three weeks or so of very strict eating and yes, deprivation for all the wonderful benefits after.

5.0 out of 5 stars The end of a ten year struggle to lose weight, 23 Mar 2012
As a person who has never been a big eater I was baffled by a huge increase in my weight without any change to my normal lifelong diet. I put on four stone (56lbs) in a very short time. I was eventually diagnosed as suffering from hypothyroidism and prescribed Levothyroxine tablets. Despite over a period of time my doctor increasing the dosage I could not lose any of my weight gain. After ten years of trying every sort of dieting without any success I came across the Cura Romana diet via the book purchased on Amazon. I started the programme together with the Cura Romana spray and to my delight and almost disbelief I immediately started losing weight. On the first three weeks of the programme I lost 21lbs and following it up with the consolidation period I lost in total 35lbs and now almost five months later I have not put on any weight. The results I achieved are brilliant and if I could have gave a ten star review I would have done so. Apart from the physical weight loss I now feel so much better psychologically after ten years of despair.

5.0 out of 5 stars The plan - with the spray - really works., 23 Oct 2013
Second time of using Cura Romana Weight Loss Plan. I initially lost several stone whilst - and after - using the Essential Spray and over the year my weight rose slightly then naturally maintained - three stone lighter than when I commenced the protocol. Exactly as was predicted. I am using the spray again and rather haphazardly following the plan this time (it isn't easy) - but again I'm changing shape and loosing unwanted weight. I am confident my weight will drop and then as I return to 'normal eating' I will naturally maintain at a new lower weight. I personally cannot cope with the strictness of the recommended dietry restriction without the encouragement of the Essential Spray. Of course you could loose weight by eating too little - and I have tried this - but with the spray combined with the controlled amount of food intake (which is only initially for three weeks) it shows more obviouse good results and it is easier to follow the maintaince programme for the next few weeks and discover that your body really has changed - and continues to change - to its new chosen weight. I say that a restricted diet OR the spray on their own will not give as good or as permanant a result as when the whole protocol and the spray are combined - so you need the book to follow the plan too. The spray doesn't taste or smell unpleasant either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leslie Kenton's Romana Essential Spray., 14 Feb 2012
This is my second purchase and it's great, I am following the programme and taking the spray it really works will be ordering again soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars have to say, 23 Aug 2011
Well, I must tell this. I was on Cura Romana diet last summer and bought 2 bottles of spray from Amazon. Worked well. I had half of the bottle left from the first time when I decided to go on the diet again, so started the diet with an old bottle but bought another 2 from Amazon again, one for me, one for my friend. When finished my old one and started on a new one since the first time I noticed significant difference in taste, as it was diluted with water. Smelled old one and the new one and there was no smell from new one compare with the old bottle which was even empty but had much stronger odour. Started using the new bottle anyway, but it felt like I was spraying water and no good results either. Half way through the bottle I decided to buy another one from Helios Homeopathic shop in Tunbridge Wells which is just few miles away from were I live, bought another two, for me and my friend and we started on the new ones straight away. We both could feel the difference in taste and smell!!! I thought maybe it was me being fussy but my friend confirmed the difference as well as she was using the watery one from beginning of the diet she said I can taste the difference now definitely. So, I would suggest everyone order your spray from Helios, they do internet orders as well. Then you know you have a real deal.PLEASE NOTE: ONE STAR IS NOT FOR THE PRODUCT ITSELF, CURA ROMANA SPRAY IS AN AMAZING COMPONENT TO THE PROTOCOL. ONE STAR IS TO MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF MY EXPERIENCE AND SUGGEST OTHER OPTION.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cura Romana Leslie Kenton, 3 Mar 2012
I started this 2-weeks ago and have lost 5kg, with another 5 to go. I also bought the book, which I think you need as I have referred back to it alot. You need to have space for this diet in your schedule as it is the most strict diet I have ever been on, but it works and if you stick to it the weight flies off. Its working wonders, I have felt tired, but the results are worth it. It has stopped my 'few' glasses of wine habit in the evening as well, so feeling good about the detox. Thoroughly recommend but you have to have space for the regime, I waited 4-weeks before starting as we had visitors/holidays and I could not have fitted in. Plus you have to change some beauty products/soaps and buy certain stuff in. So not a cheap fix, but I am really pleased with the results in just 2-weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, but packaging issue, 3 April 2011
I found the product to be effective and would use it again. My problem was that one of the bottles was not packaged securely, so when I took the plastic wrapper away from the bottle the top fell off - as it was not tightened on the bottle. This meant that I lost valuable liquid and was 2 days short of the necessary homeopathic for the diet period. Despite this I was still pleased with the result.

I intend to buy some more, but hope the same problem does not recur.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 24 May 2014
The only diet I have tried that really works. It is hard work, but I was never hungry. Two disadvantages: it does get a bit boring eating the same things for 26 days and it is a rather long time. I never go for 26 days without having work dinners or birthday parties. But you just have to be strong and say no. If you stick to it, it really works and it is really worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do it Together!!, 5 Feb 2013
I'm just into week one; weighed 9st and now I'm 8st 8lbs.. Was a bit hungry but I guess that will serve me right for not 'feasting' properly the two days before:-( After a few days your energy will pick up and the recipes are great in the book; I improvised using different meats/fish or slightly changed flavourings. It's also a great help if you can do it with a friend or two as this encourages you more. You need to read the book first and ask yourself if you really can follow the plan which is rather regimented..as one of the girls in our group of four is struggling and on the verge of throwing in the towel!