5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read
Published on 27 Sep 2011 by Amanda

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like this... but I didn't.
I can see there is a good concept here, but it is let down by the execution. It is very slow to start, and there is way too much padding and extraneous information. I kept waiting for it to kick in. Unfortunately, I can't agree with the other reviewers, I did not find the characters compelling, likeable, or engaging.
Published 19 months ago by tiggrie AKA Sarah

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like this... but I didn't., 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: I Called Him Dancer (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: I Called Him Dancer: 1 (Paperback)
Follow Michael Camp, a brilliantly talented dancer as he fights his way through a country dance studio, the World Youth Grand Prix, and finally, makes it to Broadway. Watch, stunned, as he plummets out of control and succumbs to the temptation that befalls so many people--drugs--and it ruins his life. I Called Him Dancer is a thought-provoking book that shouldn't be taken lightly. Read, listen, and learn. You may have all the success the world has to offer, but at what cost? --B

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gripping, Moving Story, 24 Aug 2011
J. Steve Miller (Acworth, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Called Him Dancer (Kindle Edition)
Several elements pulled me into this story. First, the characters were believable. From the responsible to the carefree, from the compassionate to the chilling, I've met these personalities in real life. Second, I cared about the main characters. I desperately wanted Dancer to overcome the impact of his early neglect and impoverishment. I felt emotionally invested in him and the surrounding cast. Simply put, I cared.

While the first half pulled me in, the second half tightened its grip and refused to let me go. The pace quickened as the story pulled me inexorably to the dramatic conclusion. A very satisfying and personally impacting read. Well written; highly recommended.

I Called Him Dancer