5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect
Published 9 months ago by jessica bage

1.0 out of 5 stars Not robust
I rarely leave reviews, but wanted to warn people about this product. Firstly I should say that the customer services people were fine, but I'm guessing that is because they have had plenty of time to perfect their technique due to the large number of complaints they must receive.

Published on 13 Mar. 2012 by DaveL

1.0 out of 5 stars Not robust, 13 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)

I'm 13.5 stone, and used this for around 30/40 mins per day, at around 8-9km/hr. After about 2 weeks I felt something give, and checked the underneath of the treadmill to find that the brackets holding the board had sheered off. They were attached to the side tubes, which were hollow and consequently the brackets pulled away from the tube.

A replacement came on time as stated, so fair play. This one lasted around 8 days before signs of the same issue were found. I got a refund with no issues.

If you are after a treadmill for gentle walking, this is probably fine, it's light, compact and folders up well. If you want to use it for any kind of running, look elsewhere. I've now had a York T501 for an additional £200, and it is sublime, far more robust and feels bullet proof, and makes me realise how brittle the Confidence one was.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Ok., 12 Oct. 2014
Amanda Coyne "mandy coyne" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
It does what I want. I walk on this. Yes it does slip. However I wouldn't run. I am only 5 3. Shouldn't imagine a taller a heavier person on it. I would of thought. The makers of this machine would of taken on board other comments re the issue of treadmill slipping. It does stutter. However it was cheap and it is adequate for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
I bought this Treadmill simply because i want to improve my fitness & tone up. Im 20 years old & have a baby so going to the gym or on runs is pretty hard to arrange, So this is really convinient for me. I have this in my living room on the carpet and use the thin bit of plywood that came in the packaging to keep it off my carpet… so no need to buy tiles or yoga mats… it is abit noisy & gets noisier the faster you run. This doesnt bother me i just turn the tv up! :D i love this im not going to lie theres nothing bad about it. Assembly is straight forward… 4 screws to attach the plastic to the rear… and 3 screws to keep it upright… simple! It folds away by unscrewing one by hand… it is pretty flat and compact when folded & suprisingly light. The control panel had speed, time, distance & calories. It is sturdy enough to walk, run or even sprint on. Although im about 9 or 10 stone and am 5'9'' tall o still dont find the leg room a problem. i deffinately reccomend this product to anyone whos looking for a Bargain! Worth every penny…

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems good enough so far, 24 Feb. 2014
Kirk McElhearn (Near Stratford-upon-Avon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
I bought this with trepidation, since there are a fair number of negative reviews. Since I'm only using it for walking, I'm less worried about its solidity, which seems fine. The only thing that bothers me is that it shuts itself off after a half-hour of use. The first time that happened, I was a bit surprised. I assume this is to prevent the motor from overheating, but at walking speed, that shouldn't be necessary. I've had it for about a month, and, for now, given the price, it's certainly sufficient for my needs.

Update, after about ten months. This is still running fine, though there's a bit of creaking in the board below the tread when I walk. I'm not too worried that it will crack, but the noise does suggest that there's some stress on the board. I don't use it a lot - a half-hour a day, and only for walking - and it's not clear that this noise suggests anything that will break. But it's worth pointing out, given that some of the reviews say that it does break after a while.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great at first but the quality lacks!, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
This is an absolutely great item.... to begin with!

It came quickly and in perfect condition. No hard assembly required. Just pops up right out of the box. Settings are great and its uber compact!

Ive loved using it. My aim with it is to lose weight. I began at 13st 7lb and with the aid of the treadmill, over 2 months I'm down to 1 1st 12lb which is amazing!

However, this week i've noticed that when its stepped on, it makes a loud cracking noise and it continues when running. Also, even though we've adjusted the belt, it keeps slipping making it hard to run on and almost causes injury! Im trying to find contact details on how to put these issues to them and had no luck as of yet.

I think it had huge potential and while it was in its newest condition, it was amazing but is it worth paying £150 for something you can only use for 2 months before it breaks?

Such a shame!

4.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 3 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
I dont normally leave reviews however wanted to for this item as I relied on the reviews for this item while trying to make a decision to purchase or not.
I have to say for the price, this is a good quality motorised threadmill. I use it a few nights a week and fold it and put it away everytime which is a big thing for me as I dont have alot of space. I run on it more than powerwalk and so far I find it tough going as I was used to running on the flat so with the non adjustable incline makes it a tough exercise! Very pleased with my purchase and definitely well worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill, 16 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
This a really nice treadmill for home use. Very easy to assemble and for the price its very good as Manual treadmills cost around this amount. The LCD screen is basic and easy to understand.
I would recommend to my friends whom do not have time or money to go to the Gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great treadmill, 23 Nov. 2011
C. Lewis "Jerrygerl" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
I am over the moon with this treadmill, it is great value for money. It is not very noisey and can fold away nicely for easy storage. I love going on the treadmill while watching tv, as it helps me last for longer. I can't believe it is motorised and at that price. Delievery was super fast too.

If you are looking for basic treadmill and are a bit short on space you should consider this one, i'm so glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAVE FAITH, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
I previously owned a much higher spec treadmill of an expensive brand but when i had to move house from a large 5 bed house to a small 2 bed, i had no choice to sell it due to its size. The Confidence Powerplus Treadmill fits the bill perfectly and i couldn't believe how neat and tidy it was when i got it.
I was very dubious when reading through the reviews about this product as there is so much negativity about it but i honestly cannot understand why people have such big issues with it. The treadmill is no more creaky or noisy than any other treadmill i have used and you have to remember that these machines take a lot of hammer so they are bound to make some noise.

I also noted that other reviews say they used it while watching the television which suggests they used it on a carpeted or laminated floor which is NOT a solid floor which it clearly states in the manual it should be used on. Using it on an uneven or soft floor will only put it under further pressure as it will have to bend and give due to the surface it is on.

Because the treadmill is small the platform is shorter and narrower but not by much compared to the larger machines. My partner is 6'2" tall and he has no problem running on it at all.

There seems to be alot of critisism about the slipping mat but this can easily be rectified by tightening up the 2 screws to adjust the tension although personally i don't believe this to be entirely the machines fault as it only seems to happen when it is not set at the correct speed to which you naturally walk/run.

As for the instruction manual. I didn't find any problem with it. It is a basic treadmill so only basic instructions needed to be provided. It can't tell you to do what it doesn't do!! Also, it was set up within a couple of minutes with no problems at all.

All in all this treadmill if a great little product at a fantastic price. Just don't expect it to be what it isn't. It is great for anyone wanting to lose a few pounds or to build up there fitness levels but if you're a keen athlete this would not meet your expectations.

I decided to give this treadmilll a chance and i am glad i did. Just remember that the poor reviews you read on here are just a small minority out of hundreds of these things that are sold and not commented on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill :), 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill (Sports)
I bought this treadmill hoping it was simple and easy and just did the job. Luckily that is exactly what it does! I use it everyday and it takes nothing to just fold it up and put away. The treadmill is so easy to store:) I went on it every night and began to push harder and after 3 weeks my health completely improved and I ended up running for 30mins whereas before I could only run for 2 mins at a time! The treadmill came in 2 days which is amazing as it was a big package. It was super simple to build and get working. The treadmill is at a slight slant therefore it is a little bit harder which I personally love because I like that I am pushing myself. Plus you dont have to have it on a high speed, although it already does go very fast if needed. I am quite short and small so I don't find the size of the treadmill an issue. Overall I am very pleased with it and would definatly recommend it. I am still using the treadmill and still increasing in the pace. :)

Confidence Power Plus Motorised Treadmill