5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle smoky chip
Published on 12 Mar 2012 by Amazon Addict

Published 18 months ago by S BRENNAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product to try out different smoking chips and the container makes a good ice-cream pot for home use but they are rela, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
I have discovered after much internet searching that suppliers of smoking chips do not all sell them in the same quantity types. Some sell by the pint, some by litres and others by weight. This can make comparing prices somewhat of a maths exercise (not my strongest discipline) but if you spend the time you can get good quality smoking chips much cheaper on the internet and from UK suppliers provided you want a greater quantity. Same principle applies for most things really so I do not feel I did not get value for money given I was only wanting to test them out but now I know what I want, I will be buying smoking chips in greater quantities from another supplier. Great if you are just starting to play with smoking until you get to know what you are doing…well a little better at it in any event!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle smoky chip, 12 Mar 2012
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
These chips have a lovely gentle flavour when smoked. I use them in a Weber 57cm One-Touch Original BBQ inside a Barbecue Wood Chip BBQ Smoker Box with great results. I soak the chips for at least an hour in warm water, and the smoker box (placed on a grille over the hot coals) keeps the wood smouldering for an hour or more, imbuing the food (I usually do chicken or salmon) with a sweet, not over-pungent flavour.

Secret Garden supply them in a handy re-usable sealable plastic tub. They have stayed bone dry over winter in my shed.

Highly recommended

AA

5.0 out of 5 stars Wood chips for fish smoking, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
The apple wood chips produce a mild and tasty flavour for smoked trout.
Soaking the chips first improves the process, producing more smoke.
Very pleased with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor value for money, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
having bought this and paid the postage, the amount you receive in a very small tub and is nothing but a rip off. The total weight of the chips was 346 grams at a cost of 4.95. Won't be buying this again

5.0 out of 5 stars wondeful aroma, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
Never done smoking before. It was amazing; the smell and the taste of a few simple chicken pieces and sausages was lovely.

4.0 out of 5 stars smokin, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
great for pork smoked a roast and our friends loved it would recommend this for chops on the bbq .

5.0 out of 5 stars Pipped at the post, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
Lovely, lovely, lovely! Fabulous product which, used properly, produces a lovely smoke. Perhaps it is me, being comparatively new to all this, but it seems to me that the guidance for usage recommends that you use so much more than is necessary. No? Whatever. I use the quantity that I feel is right and I have been very pleased with the results - a lovely, delicate tasting smoke that works well with most meats and fish. Sadly, although excellent, I prefer the whisky oak chips from the same supplier. Recommended though, just the same. Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Slowest delivery, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
I will never order again. Too slow, too small. I did not know for 1.2 liter tub is just 150 grams of chips.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMOKED FISH, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Apple Wood Barbecue Smoking Wood Chips
Got this for my son for Christmas and he really enjoyed smoking fish in our B B Q. We have enjoyed eating it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 July 2014