4.0 out of 5 stars Good item but...........
Published on 3 April 2012 by J20

Published on 17 Jan. 2013 by S BRENNAN

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item but..........., 3 April 2012
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
I received the chips very soon after ordering but was very disappointed in the size of the product! The chips came in a small(cute) bucket and i was surprised by how small the quantity was. I have weighed the chips,without bucket,and the total weight came to 352 grams,not a great weight. I think that the price is quite a lot for the amount of chips that you get and i am not convinced that i would buy this product again because of the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small amount but great flavour, 20 Oct. 2011
ChrisC (Henley on Thames) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
The small amount of wood (it seems expensive compared to what you get in the the USA for 1/3rd of the price) still gives lots of good pungent flavour to the meat. I managed to keep 6 Pork Butt's smoking over 18 hours with this one tub

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
I never BBQ with out them now and this reminds me I need to order some more perfect for adding a really nice smokey taste to your BBQ food can highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars hickory wood chips, 31 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
suitably heated in anaerobic conditions, produces longlasting amounts of hickory smoke for cold smoking fish, meat, and for giving homegrown tobacco a smokey flavour. Recommended for all the above endeavours and , I am sure, many others.

4.0 out of 5 stars smoking chips, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
I initially considered the chips as poor value for money but the seller quickly contacted me after my initial review and explained the processes they have to go though. I am very impressed with this Company and will be ordering more once I have learnt the knack, particularly with this Company's professional attitude towards its customers. Also offered advice to me as a 'newbee', which was much appreciated.

3.0 out of 5 stars wood is only wood, 28 Oct. 2013
Mervyn H (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
IT'S OK BUT NOT MUCH QUANTITY FOR THE PRICE, I can't think of anything else to say about wood chips

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product to try out different smoking chips and the container makes a good ice-cream pot for home use but they are rela, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
I have discovered after much internet searching that suppliers of smoking chips do not all sell them in the same quantity types. Some sell by the pint, some by litres and others by weight. This can make comparing prices somewhat of a maths exercise (not my strongest discipline) but if you spend the time you can get good quality smoking chips much cheaper on the internet and from UK suppliers provided you want a greater quantity. Same principle applies for most things really so I do not feel I did not get value for money given I was only wanting to test them out but now I know what I want, I will be buying smoking chips in greater quantities from another supplier. Great if you are just starting to play with smoking until you get to know what you are doing…well a little better at it in any event!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
The receipient was very pleased with his gift and thought the flavour a good choice, I also bought a Smoke box

3.0 out of 5 stars Small quantity, 4 Mar. 2014
Bearman (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
These hickory chip should be given a good long soak in water before use. These produce a good smoke and excellent flavour to meat. The quantity however is pretty small and I used a whole container just to smoke one joint of beef. For the money, this does not seem like good value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not buy again or recommend., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
Very weak Hickory flavour. Would not buy again or recommend.

Hickory BBQ Smoking Wood Chips