4.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Honey's hat, 14 Oct 2009
I bought this book as I couldn't get hold of Mr Taddle's Hats.It was a great story for children new to reception class. I thought it might be a bit old fashioned but they loved the repeating line & remembering what was on the hat. I'm a teacher and we got two weeks of work out of the story: a game of the hat, language work, counting, & they loved designing and making their own hats after dressing up in different kinds of hats. I'd definitely use it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Honey's Hat, 20 Feb 2011
This book was a favourite when I was working in early years education. It could be read by competant readers, listened to when read by others and used in role play. The story line is interesting and has a beginning, middle and end. It has repetitive scenarios which engages the audience and can encourage children to anticipate the event and to support language development...
My reasons for purchasing this book was to link to out side education and nature as slowly Mrs Honey's hat becomes more environmental friendly. I will use it as a support for woodland adventures and for my trainee student early year's practitioners .
Worth buying to keep in your library for links to spring, nature, language/vocabulary development and creativity.10/10 Mrs Honey's Hat (Early Reading)

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful story for young children, 28 Sep 2000
By A Customer
A simple delightful story for young children, of how the decorations of lace, flowers and ribbons on Mrs Honey's hat are replaced, by fish bones, bubble gum, eggs and sea weed as she visits different places during the week. She only realises her hat has been changed, when she visits the church on Sunday as everyone stares at her. A short, amusing story I am sure many young children will enjoy listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Honeys Hat, 24 Sep 2010
My kids loved this as did their parents when they were little. One of the few that are still avilable for purchase. Great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, bright, clear pictures., 11 Sep 2014
I work with children aged 2 to 5 and they all love the story, even though the youngest ones don't always understand it, or understand the humour. They all like the pictures and it is easy to read aloud. They ask for it again and again, and even my eight year old grandson found it funny. Bright clear, interesting pictures with lots to talk about in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nursery 0-5yrs, 18 Mar 2014
This was a replacement book for our book area, previous book thoroughly worn out it was read so many times. All of the children love this book including our very youngest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book for years, 17 April 2013
Old copy got worn out by my children, got a new copy for my grandchild, who is loving it even though she is only 18 months old

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Feb 2013
I bought this book for my 3 year old daughter after someone bought her the game of the same name, which she absolutely loves. It is a delightfully simple story that we enjoy reading together. I would recommend both the game and the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Colourful Tale, 22 Dec 2012
Sarah Durston (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this book to read with my children, having been attracted to the vivid colours and attractive illustrations. It's fast become a firm favourite in our house!

Mrs Honey starts the week with a hat covered in flowers, cherries and feathers and as the week progresses the items are gradually taken and replaced; the cat takes a ribbon and replaces it with fish bones, the cow eats the buttercups and replaces them with a bell, the spider takes the lace and replaces it with cobwebs and so on. By her trip to Church on Sunday, Mrs Honey has a completely different looking and unattractive hat!

As well as being colourful, this book is a great way to teach children the days of the week and there are a nice selection of animals to talk about too. The humourous ending is a real bonus!

Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 28 May 2012
I bought this book to read to children aged 2-5 at nursery and they all likes it. Would Definitely recommend.

Mrs. Honey's Hat (Early Reading)