Format: Kindle EditionChange

on 11 October 2011
A great book, much easier on the eye and on the brain than the Nikon camera`s hand book. If I`ve got a spare few mins between busy this and busy that I like to pick up the book and open at just any page and take in the info, the camera it`s self is quite a technical chunk to take on board even for a fairly experienced amature but this book explains it perfectly.
on 16 August 2011
This book should be with all nikon d7000s when sold.It simplifies the manual and like all manuals they can be off putting at times.
The advice the photographs the tips and the warnings are all worth the price.
She really takes you around the camera settings and programmes and before long you will be snapping with confidence.
Silver Breeze.
on 22 May 2013
Call me a dummy if you like but I have found "NIKON D7000 FOR DUMMIES" very useful. I have always been a Nikon fan and decided to trade up by buying a D7000. because I wanted to up my game and develop my photographic skills. I was more than a little daunted by the challenge and I wondered whether I had taken a leap too far.

However, having researched several of the guides that covered the camera I opted for "DUMMIES" as it seemed to be just what I wanted. I have been working slowly through the book and although I have not yet gone right the way through it I have not been disappointed with the contents. It is written in clear, simple language so that even a dummy like me can get my head around the handling of the D7000. If you are a photographic expert this is not the book for you. However, if you want a plain and simple guide that will lead the average amateur through the mysteries of the D7000 then this is the guide for you. Recommended.
on 6 May 2011
A brilliant book, full of information aimed at both the first time dSLR user to the more serious photographer. Written in simple to read and understand prose, interlaced with both practical advice for settings and humorous quips to help the reader understand some of the more esoteric aspects of digital photography. This Kindle edition does lose out in some ways because obviously it's in "black and white" and so too are the pictures, where it is somewhat difficult to see the detail of such things as artefacts and colour casts. The camera menus are easily read even though they are unable to be rescaled with text but they can be enlarged by changing to landscape mode, should you find it necessary to do so, which also helps with the pictures.
The reading experience for me is great: no more opening the Nikon User Manual to put it down on the desk where it immediately closes itself when I turn my attention back to the camera; no more fumbling with both hands turning pages. I can have the camera in front of me and the Kindle to one side where I can turn pages with one hand and operate the camera with the other - absolute joy. I'm still learning to use the Kindle properly but even after a short time I find reading and using this type of book easy. PDFs are a different matter as not all can be converted (but that's another story). I would thoroughly recommend this book for both beginners to digital photography and to those more experienced but new to the D7000. Also, based upon this book, I would have no hesitation in buying any other book written by Julie Adair King.
on 1 August 2012
The Nikon manuals are a good introduction to the camera, but they don't let you quickly get the most out of it. This guide to the Nikon D7000 is accessible, very well indexed and beautifully illustrated. Julie Adair King takes the reader through an in-depth study of the features of the camera, letting the reader easily try out the tips and recommendations in the book. Pitfalls and problems are also highlighted. King's clear descriptions are easy to follow and have enabled me to come to grips with the upgrade from my Nikon D40X with confidence.

Highly recommended

Five stars.
on 3 June 2013
Very well organised and written. Lots of practical advice. Not afraid to say which features she does not have a use for. Everything I would want in a guide for a camera.
on 17 December 2011
Nobody may want to admit to being a 'dummy' by buying one of these books but I was honest enough !! And I am really glad I did so !! Moving up to a serious camera for the first time, I needed some help and this book is a mine of useful information and guidance. Written in a comfortingly humorous style (unlike the dry manual) and with lots of helpful photographs which actually show what the author is trying to get across. It's a book for people who want/need to learn more and if you fall into that category, you really cannot go wrong, I promise you.
on 5 January 2012
An excellent book, and well worth purchasing. I also have the Kindle version, but find the paper-back edition much more useful - having colour and seeing the bigger picture is a great advantage. Some might debate the "order" of the chapters, so, for example, you deal with "playback" before, e.g. "Manipulating focus and colour". This is a personal preference, and one can obviously go firstly to those chapters where you feel additional help is required.
on 27 February 2013
My only comment would be that, it's a fantastic book and covers the camera's menus, shooting techniques & concepts from the novice to advanced user. However, the first (probably) half of the book covers far too much 'auto-mode'. Now by this I mean, if you bought a D7000 you should know a certain amount of the basics and I feel it's a waste of paper and should be in a general DSLR photography text. And yes, I know it's got the word dummies on the front!
I'd give it 8/10 honestly. Has helped me a great deal,
on 24 June 2013
Its an excellent book to support the manual that comes with the D7000, however I wish these authors would stop saying "I never use these settings so I dont think you need to either" sort of comment. Its up to individual photographers what settings they use and besides you never learn about the many settings this camera offers if you dont experiment and make a few errors.